Global Where should we go from here?

Discussion in 'Accepted Suggestions' started by McFluffinstein, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McFluffinstein

McFluffinstein Well-Known Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    110d 16h
    Hero Level:
    I spend a lot of time on the forums reading about how the community is feeling. Though I don't always respond to threads, that doesn't mean we as a team overlook feedback and suggestions. Over the past few weeks, there has definitely been upset surrounding the topic of our player base. It is true we've seen a significant drop, however that is to be expected around this period due to it being exams month. However, that being said, there have been other factors that have influenced this drop, and it's part of my role to try and find some sort of resolution. With that in mind, I need you guys to answer a simple question,

Q) What is the most important thing you feel the team should be working on?

In your answer, please let me know how you feel this could help us build back up to the number of players we usually have and deserve. I look forward to reading your responses!

- Alex

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. super_feline

super_feline Active Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    23d 1h
    Hero Level:
    [Prestige]
    You need to improve player attraction and retention, this is vague, but this is the most important imo.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Lushfuul

Lushfuul Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    122d 23h
    Hero Level:
    [WeeWoo]
    I agree with Jake, I see a lot of players joining but they leave within a few days. I also think that we do should more advertising whether that is Youtubers/Streamers or using websites to advertise. Growing the Mini-games community would, in my opinion, be great for the server's player numbers as not only would they play the mini-games regularly, they might also play the core servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Epic_Fantasy

Epic_Fantasy Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    210d 2h
    Hero Level:
    @McFluffinstein I'd like to firstly say I appreciate you making this thread and reaching out to the community

I'd like to see the team spend more time making the game modes more lengthy I play Survival but can't really enjoy it as much if it's too easy and get bored of it in a week just need more things for players to do on the network I find myself joining on my days off and leaving in 5min which saddens me greatly.

Here is few key dot points on things you can work with

> Increase Playtime and Content in server game modes

>More Contests on each core game mode mainly Survival

>Reduce Server list
    Only need
    1 Factions Server
    1 OPFaction server
    2 Skyblock Servers
    1 Survival Server
    1 OPPrison server
    3 PvP Gamemode Servers
    1 Minigame hub "remove minigame Shortcuts unless a new minigame"
    1 Creative Server
    I feel by doing this it will combine and bring the community together as sadly Mineheroes doesn't need 4 Skyblocks anymore and doesn't need Duplicate Survival and Factions servers

#4 Epic_Fantasy, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Skobe

Skobe Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    86d 0h
    Hero Level:
    [WeeWoo]
    A battle royale game

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Dkoa

Dkoa Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    126d 3h
    Hero Level:
    ProPvper
    In my opinion You should try more advertiseing 1 2 Give more perks to ranks such as gyra you only get bin and [item] but other then that no other really decent things so in my opinion make the ranks "More op" as you would say and finally make it harder to be staff in my opinion if you make it harder to apply to be staff this means the staff has to be trust the staff has to know the rules the staff member applying has to be on mineheroes for at least 6 - 5 months and more things that would help. from Dkoa

7. Madelean

Madelean Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    22d 16h
    Hero Level:
    [4thofJuly]
    Need to have actual people interested in playing on the server for people to watch other people playing on the server

8. John____

John____ Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    35d 5h
    Hero Level:
    ? King ?
    Where can I even begin? Prison is my main focus and that is because I mainly play on there. Prison is also mainly suffering in player count from all the bugs that it has right now(But I still play prison because it is my favorite :p):
    • You can't /sell mob/animal drops or farm crops because it sells them for A rank prices regardless of the player being a higher rank like overlord(The only bypass/fix for myself personally is sell chest signs, the signs that sell everything in a chest. It sells the loot for my overlord ranks prices). But it costs 12,500 tokens from the tokens shop to get the sell chest signs perk. It isn't a fix because I don't think that anyone should have to buy that perk from the tokens shop to sell their mob/animal drops and farm crops.
    • The Easter pickaxe is broken for half of the people who currently own one. I personally bought the global Easter kit recently and the Easter Pickaxe was not working for me. It is really disappointing. A lot of people got their pickaxes from buying the actual global kit themselves, which is what hurts the most. They didn't buy it in-game from a global kit owner, they bought the kit with their real money.
    • The hulk potion is glitched and allows you to glitch people, then kill them. Tons of people are abusing this to kill anyone regardless of what gear they have or how many gapples. You can't even eat your gapples when someone is using this glitch on you and there is no escape but death.
    • In /warp pvp there are areas that people can get out of the arena and onto the bedrock below, tons of people already have a sethome on the bedrock by now after staff attempted to fix the holes and areas that let people get out. A few people have shown me spots that still let you get out of bedrock and on top of the pvp arena(barriers).
    • When you teleport around the pvp mines or in the warp pvp area it glitches you. It teleports you back and lags you. You sometimes get stuck and can't move or teleport/warp out.
    Less severe glitches:
    • If you break leaves with a high fortune pickaxe it will drop red apples and red apples are not supposed to be obtainable.
    • Coinflip is broken for some people, as it will show both players of a coinflip round that they have lost. I was told that one of the two players does win and their balance is updated after the coinflip. But on chat it either says "You have lost this coin flip!" for both of the players or it just shows the money for the coinflip being taken out. But it doesn't say win/loss, just "AMOUNT of money has been taken from your balance.
    These are the only ones that I can recall off the top of my memory, but I'll be sure to add more if I remember!

#8 John____, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Epic_Fantasy

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    210d 2h
    Hero Level:
    Fortnite man are we lol

You made some good points but i feel you should have lodged the Bug reports under Bug reports as bugs aren't really the reason why prison and other servers are on low player count it's mineheroes as a whole network now

10. John____

John____ Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    35d 5h
    Hero Level:
    ? King ?
    Yeah but prison feels like it is going extinct. It goes down to like 3 - 6 players at late times, but past few maps it was 40+ players at late times. But I think that you are wrong about prison, because I have talked to over ten people who I don't even specifically know and all of them are not playing this new prison reset because of all the bugs. But the overall player count is being affected in general and on a daily basis going lower. It saddens me :confused:

11. Epic_Fantasy

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    210d 2h
    Hero Level:
    Survival is the same and it saddens me too

12. SoySoyBoy

SoySoyBoy Member
    Manos

Server:
    Play Time:
    41d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Trusted
    I joined a few days ago, and already am one of the top players on opskyblock.

i suggest adding more things to do, for example, on prison, once you prestige, you get a plot or a reward. makes players want it more which means more playtime. Also, i think on every server the economy is f***ed. Skyblock, as i said i joined a few days ago and already have a top island. Come out with ways to prevent the economy to sky rocket within the first days.
    I think that adding more things, will help lots. Anything, that makes people want to get.

13. Holmez

Holmez Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    6d 21h
    Hero Level:
    ? Princess ?
    Global reset. After the summer perhaps since a few servers are new. Kitpvp/oppvp/pvp are just old & boring.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Epic_Fantasy

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    210d 2h
    Hero Level:
    Good Idea @Holmez reset every server except Prison? after June-July???

Sounds like a nice idea I like it

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. TheIceGuy_

TheIceGuy_ Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    33d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Add a new rank for 5000$ that gives owner perms.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. DGFallz

DGFallz Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    14d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Trusted
    +1

+1

17. Krafts

Krafts Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    150d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Salty
    +1 i want to go back to my home and leave prison lmfao

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Starrinq_

Starrinq_ Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    455d 3h
    Hero Level:
    ? King ?
    Part of the reason why people could be leaving is due to how people express how "bias" and "bad" the staff team can be on the server (most statements being exaggerated). So that kind of gives new players a bad vibe when they join the server. Though that's something that will eventually fix itself to an extent as other more important issues are solved first.

In my opinion, it has to be trying to introduce content popular among other servers, not necessarily trying something new out just yet. It's probably a good idea to welcome in ideas that are enjoyed by players on other servers and (once we have enough players joining daily), slowly start introducing new ideas that may keep them from staying. Though I'm no clever business man like our good friend Wazez

19. Kxrmit

Kxrmit Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    45d 12h
    Hero Level:
    aNO FLEXa
    A non op prison, i cant find any other server that has one. A lot of people would play it and it would be something different from other servers.
    A lot of the stuff we have other servers have, and a Vanilla prison i don't think is something they have. <-- At least my friends and i would play this.
    Otherwise we need to look for some more ways to increase the player count or get rid of some servers that are dead most of the time. I also really like to play Guardian defense but no-one is on to play it unless there is an event( i'd like to see this gain some popularity ).

20. NotReady

NotReady Well-Known Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    78d 11h
    Hero Level:
    ? LIGMA ?
    That is called Admin.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.