Website / Other Upkeep Suggestions

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by HydroxTarget, Oct 12, 2017 at 10:45 AM.

1. HydroxTarget

HydroxTarget Well-Known Member
    Zume

I think there are some really insightful suggestions on our forums and it saddens me to see how they are receiving no response and are disappearing into the black hole that is the suggestions archive. Please give a staff member the responsibility of responding to and organizing suggestions so that players feel that their suggestions may actually impact the server if they are accepted, or may be informed as to why their suggestion does not fit the server and is denied.

This will only have a positive impact on the forums and the server as a whole:

- Really good suggestions may be implemented.
    - Threads will not be repeated as previous threads on the same topic will have been accepted or denied.
    - Threads may be locked quicker to avoid them straying too far away from the original topic.
    - More players will be encouraged to make suggestions because they will notice that it will receive a response.

In no way am I saying that I believe responding to all of the suggestions Mineheroes receives is an easy task. Either:

- Place a staff member(s) in charge of responding to threads swiftly.
    - Create a timeframe of which players can expect a response.

Thanks for reading and please respond with your opinions and criticisms.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. PotDropAndRole

PotDropAndRole Well-Known Member
    Legend

I agree 100%, I was hoping that with the forum reset it would allow mods and sr mods or even admins to keep up with the suggestions page as they did with questions but evidently not as its already at 5 pages I believe. In a month or less it will be back at the hellish number of 25 pages that someone will have to go through. Literally, if they just gave me forums perms I would upkeep all the suggestions lol. I also want to fix the wiki so it's like it was last time. But that won't happen, so hopefully, someone steps it up and goes through the suggestions (imo it's like 100 free posts so why not). There's my rant, PDR

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. gwassyfire

gwassyfire Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

4. HydroxTarget

Zume

I thought the forums reset would prompt a fresh start and upkept suggestions as well. :(
    gwassy4forumsm0d??

5. gwassyfire

Ultimate

gwassy4owner !

6. PotDropAndRole

Legend

According to Sr. Staff there are enough staff members active on the forums to not need a "Forums Moderator." Evidently not.... If they did create the position It would be very hard to make actual decisions or to do ban appeals/player reports without any perms ingame or somewhere else........ It would be nice to have, personally if they cant keep up with suggestions I would rather go through them myself rather than have to tell people to do them or make threads like this.

In the past I've made documents with the thread name the link and why it should be accepted/denied to give to a mod or sr mod to do.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/17JVCTtUPOANBcErgXZ4njgkCraooKYEWhocJLrk5p2Q/edit?usp=sharing

A huge waste of time tbh

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Norwegiian

Norwegiian Helper
    Staff Member Helper Zume

I can understand that this may be hard, but it is kinda needed. I thought, like some others, that maybe the Suggestions section of the new forums would be cleaner as there wouldn’t be 25+ pages of suggestions and they could keep up. It’d be nice to see someone with this as one of their main jobs, it would be a lot more cleaner, organized, and just nicer in general. I know that in the old forums I had a few suggestions that went months without mod+ responses saying Accepted/Denied. Yeah, to wrap it up, it’s hard to do but it’d definitely be nice and would pay off. Hope it happens!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. HydroxTarget

Zume

I agree, perhaps a Suggestion Moderator role should be given out to one staff member or a player that is accepted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Norwegiian

Norwegiian Helper
    Staff Member Helper Zume

Yeah, but can’t only Senior Mods and up accept or deny suggestions?

10. PotDropAndRole

Legend

No as a mod I did many. I generally had to leave some suggestions as I didn’t know the future schedule of updates so I had to leave that to admins to go through.

11. gwassyfire

Ultimate

i have never seen so many words in one thread LOL

12. Cammyiscool2

Cammyiscool2 Active Member
    Zume

Well i do think that's a good idea because then we will have more staff on Mineheroes banning hackers and then we will have more response on forums but who will want to sit here looking at support tickets :/

13. Norwegiian

Norwegiian Helper
    Staff Member Helper Zume

Ah, right, I forgot haha. But yeah, forums mods or just a person designated to this would be very nice - it wouldn't be very nice to have 26 pages of suggestions again.

14. HydroxTarget

Zume

This thread is not about more staff members or support tickets... o.o

15. Bionic_X_Legend

Bionic_X_Legend Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Ive had the idea before and brought it up with kron he didnt like it

16. HydroxTarget

Zume

Soz for bump I want a staff response :(

17. Blackfyree

Blackfyree Well-Known Member
    Gyra

That’s a tall order there. When I used to be part of the senior staff team, te suggestions bit of the forums were always hellish. A lot of its the same denied idea being rephrased, a lot of it are genuinely bad ideas, and the really good ones are few and lost in it all.

It can be done, sure, but tbh you have to take into account that the forums ultimately represent a minority of the community. Most suggestions would need to be polled in game, and their implementations can’t be easily implemented.

18. HydroxTarget

Zume

The reason there are so many repeats of bad ideas is because they are just ignored rather than denied. If staff deny ideas they can easily deny future ones and just cite the original denial.

I'd have to disagree that most accepted suggestions require polling as they are usually tweaks to already existing parts of the server that almost all/most players would not disagree with improving/fixing.

19. Taynted

Taynted Well-Known Member
    Legend

Yes, I agree with you. I have seen some great suggestions that have been posted before and after reset that have never gotten a reply. I understand staff are busy but could even just one of them take a minute to search through the suggestions category, I'm sure they'll agree that there's a lot of unnoticed amazing suggestions

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. CopyMate

CopyMate Active Member
    Hero

This thread belongs in suggestions.