Skyblock Tips for farming

Discussion in 'Guides' started by _StarrySkies, Sep 6, 2020.

1. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme Ultimate Elite

Server:
    Play Time:
    940d 23h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Husband
    Island level quests may require you to farm some kind of crop. Which sounds easy, but did you know there are efficient ways to completing these quests?

These are just some tips you should follow when you farm any crop on the server, and personally what I follow since I'm an experienced plantation farmer (lol)

Have large farms
    You aren't going to get a lot of progress if you do not have large farms for each crop in the game. Even if it takes you a week to make them, it will be worth it when you're able to complete farming quests in such short time which means more island levels per hour.

If you need help expanding your farms, you can ask island teammates or pay people to help you.

Don't farm wheat, carrots or potatos with a hoe

Unless you do not have the seeder ability from /ab, Don't do it. You will see why later.

Farm in 1.12+
    It seems weird right? Though this is actually better than it sounds. Crops have different hitboxes/collisions depending on their growth stage in later versions of MC. If you set your farms up in lanes you can efficiently farm wheat carrots and potatoes much better than you can just simply farming row by row.

Have high herbalism skill

This would allow for crops that you break to be replanted at a higher growth stage. This means that wheat, carrots, and potatoes will regrow much faster. This is why you shouldn't use a hoe when farming. This ability only applies when you aren't holding anything in your hand. Just make sure you have plenty of crops in inventory so the seeder ability can put work in.

Farm with team
    This will get quests done much faster. Its main reason why you'd want to have large farms and not just 1 or 2 layers of each.

Break top layer of sugar cane first, then second
    The sugar cane quests dont count how much sugar cane you collected. Though only counts for every sugar cane BLOCK you broke. Break the third layer of the sugar cane first (so its only 2 tall sugar cane), then break second layer. This allows for double progression for each layer.

Water and light your farms
    Water and light increases the speed of your farms by a lot. It's pretty much a must do if you want to be efficient.

Build ALL your farms within a 5x5 chunk area

Really good if you're low on alts. Building your farms within this perimeter allows you to AFK everything in that area with just one account. You can even have your spawner farm in middle somewhere and AFK that while your crop farms get AFK'ed as well.

Those are my tips. Feel free to DM me on discord if you have any questions! Happy farming!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. FuriousFruit

FuriousFruit Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    219d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ProPvper
    Discord Tag:
    FuriousFruit#6969
    [​IMG]
    This is how Starry feels

3. DePolar

DePolar Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Ultimate Legend Titan Elite Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    434d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [TOP RANK SB]
    Discord Tag:
    DePolar#6118
    Great guide, Starry! Thanks for all of the useful tips!

4. Shadowmacx69

Shadowmacx69 New Member
    Gyra Ultimate

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    229d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    SkyBlockAddict
    Discord Tag:
    Shadowmacx90#9268
    Great tips mate, now i don't have to wasted my time on scane quest ;)