Skyblock Things I'd Want To See In 2019

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by _StarrySkies, Jan 8, 2019.

1. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    704d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Explorer
    2019 is finally here, with many mysteries to discover down the road, such as possible upcoming resets and features. It's time I give some more suggestions that I would like to see added, particularly for Skyblock. Some of these may or may not have been suggested before.

An Island MOTD (Message Of The Day)
    I would like the ability to set the MOTD for my island, so when they log on, they will immediately see it (much like how they can see when an island gains levels). This would allow for some players to set reminders to one another without them being online. It's likely that some of us have island members with completely different time zones, making it difficult to get certain messages out to other teammates.

The MOTD can be set with /is motd <message>, and whenever an island member logs on, they will always see it. If they do not somehow see it, they can view the MOTD with /is info and it will display at the top of their island info.

Better Slime Spawners

Slimes are probably one of the most underused spawners that go for almost a fortune in /shop. They are really unique when it comes to a farm design, which can make them a challenge for some Skyblock players. I would like to see slime spawners ONLY spawn tiny slimes, so all players have to do is have them drop to their doom instead of making complicated cactus patterns and lava blades to farm them. This would make them a little more used on Skyblock since slime balls sell for more now. Also make it so you can sell slime blocks (so players can compact their slime ball storage using auto blocks. Yes auto block chests work with slime balls)

Island Permissions (/is perms)
    Not to be confused with the currently existing /is settings. This can allow island owners to set various permissions for their team members, which can include these permissions and maybe more!:

• Invite Players
    • Kick Players
    • Ban Players From Island
    • Lock/Unlock Island
    • Change Island Settings
    • Change Island Biome
    • Change Island Weather
    • Set Island Warps (Not sure if possible)
    • Open Chests
    • Place/Break Blocks
    This can allow island owners to have a little more control over their island team. There have been times when I haven't been around and one of my island members wanted an island biome changed or wanted some settings adjusted.

Player Specific Chunks (/chunk owner)
    This will certainly help with the many griefs that happen on the server. If you do not know what this is, this command is pretty much like /f owner on Factions. It allows Island owners to give players their own work space or chunk, preventing other players from doing anything. For example, if I type /chunk owner Player1 for one chunk, this will ONLY allow Player1 to do all the normal things in this chunk. Any other players, regardless if they are cooped, trusted or on the island team, will not be able to edit or change anything in this chunk (unless you own the island).

As said, this will certainly help prevent griefing in a really good way. You can also add more people to the chunk using the same command on a different player. Maybe even a feature that allows players to /chunk owner in a radius, and also remove ownerships of any chunk. It may take a while to perfect, but I believe in the long run, it will help prevent players from being griefed after they coop or trust someone. And yes, only island owners can use this command on their OWN island

Feel free to leave thoughts below

#1 _StarrySkies, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. PotDropAndRole

PotDropAndRole Well-Known Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    139d 12h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    PotDropAndRole#8586
    I would like to see a non p2w sb. Either turn one of the existing skyblocks to it or make a new one. That’s just f2p

I’ll post more when I get to my keyboard..

3. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    292d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    Discord Tag:
    Hokaras#9730
    What does count as p2w for you?
    Any interaction with the store? That means perks, kits, ranks and items like asc?
    In which way would the server make money of this game mode you are talking about. Servers cost money and i don't think wazez has way too much of it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Codds2

Codds2 Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    195d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [TopIsland]
    Discord Tag:
    Codds2#5928
    pretty cool ideas overall, just a few questions. For the motd command, this is already and thing on factions/OPFactions but it is used with /f announce i think that using the same command but replacing f with is would be better for players who also play factions. Second for the Island perms command, how would this work in the GUI? would it have every players name or would you need designated ranks on the island?
    That's it, thanks.

5. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    704d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Explorer
    Was actually unaware of this being a thing. /is announce would work too

It will have every player's name. When you type /is perms, it will bring up a gui with all your island members (represented by their player head). When you click one of their heads, it can open up another gui that allows you to change a permission by click of a button.

Alternatively, you can do this using commands, preferably following this alias:

/is perm <ign> <permission> <yes/no>

/is permlist can bring up list of perms if it's needed. I don't really think a rank system is needed since island teams are usually small

6. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    292d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    Discord Tag:
    Hokaras#9730
    I would handle the gui kinda like /ignore you can set different toggles for each of the players.

7. IAmPingachu

IAmPingachu Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    63d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    JOKER
    Discord Tag:
    iampingachu#2534