Survival The Upcoming Survival Reset!

Discussion in 'Accepted Suggestions' started by Epic_Fantasy, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epic_Fantasy

Epic_Fantasy Well-Known Member
    Zume

Hey everyone as announced today along with the Factions reset post was that we will be getting a Survival reset before the summer.

I'm just gonna get straight to business we need to think long and hard on what made this map not so great and improve it so we can have an awesome Map 10 reset! so today I'm gonna be leaving links to other great Survival suggestions and expand on them more on how they can improve Survival without further or do lets start.

The Survival Community!

Credit for this suggestion go's to @Kxrmit
    https://www.mineheroes.net/threads/merge-the-survival-servers.14778/

Kxrmit made a good point in this thread Survival as a community now is small it's time we disconnect Survival2 I was reading the comments of this suggestion and a lot of players responded with it's quiet and peaceful which i can agree is nice but Survival 2 has it's con's as well example splitting the Survival community up a wasted server slot Survival2 was needed in mineheroes peak in 2016 but sadly Survival2 is no longer needed and makes more sense to combine into 1 server how would this be beneficial you say? well think of it this way Survival as a server has lacked development for quite a while by combining the Survival servers into 1 this will provide the Devs with more time to focus on 1 server and make it the best it possibly can be instead of having to juggle between developing 2 servers at the same time and sometimes 1 Survival server will receive more attention and bug fixes than the other that is my take on this suggestion.

Server Fixes!

Credit for these suggested fixes go to
    https://www.mineheroes.net/threads/price-matching-of-emeralds-on-survival.15738/ - @Epic_Fantasy
    https://www.mineheroes.net/threads/survival-suggestions.15259/ - @Epic_Fantasy
    https://www.mineheroes.net/threads/removing-f-vault-delay.14966/ - @tueminator

These are my own suggestions XD so my personal thoughts are in those threads go check em out for a read

> Improve /lockdown command to stop teleportation of players to spawn instead show a denied message similar to what you would see if you were banned from a plot

New Server Features!

Credit for these suggestions go's to
    https://www.mineheroes.net/threads/f-title.15098/#post-87114 - @SheWolves
    https://www.mineheroes.net/threads/farming-backpacks.14900/ - @Epic_Fantasy
    https://www.mineheroes.net/threads/survival-reset-bundle.14898/ - @Epic_Fantasy

this is a feature from Factions I actually liked and feel it has a place on Survival after reading the new Factions update thread https://www.mineheroes.net/threads/4-5-2-upcoming-factions-opfactions-reset.15750/ it had some interesting features I feel would enhance and expand the survival experience a few features Survival needs listed below

• New categorised menu for /kits
    • Spawner upgrade wands
    • Sell hoes now sell the entire stack of sugarcane stands
    • New setting in /f settings called "Owner Claim Messages" - Hide or disable messages when walking on owner claims
    • Faction vault size can now be upgraded with /f upgrade
    • Faction announcements - /f announce <message> - Set custom motds for your faction when they login
      • You can control who can see Faction Announcements and who can set them.

• Add Dueling arenas to Survival to replace /warp pvp to better improve the pvp aspect on Survival would work as simple as /duel [ign] inspired by the following suggestion https://www.mineheroes.net/threads/add-pvp-to-faction-claims.15539/#post-89939 - @ObliviousChan
    • Enable beacons to work/travel through water
    • Increase amount of plots a ranked player can claim based on what rank you are
    • Add vote parties e.g a vote party key or global cash reward paid to everyone per 1500 votes or something along those lines
    If you have any more suggestions or ways we can improve Survival please list them below so we can make Map 10 the best it possibly can be!

@Wazez @NotReady @CullanP @AJHandler @AlexMl

#1 Epic_Fantasy, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. EdgyRanger

EdgyRanger Well-Known Member
    Zume

Some fantastic suggestions here Epic. Particularly about merging the two survivals, it's just not tenable to have them separate anymore. I think te players want to see something different, something that captivates them and keeps them playing. At this point something new should be tried or you're not going to keep people interested. How about making survival harder? Significantly harder. A server where you actually have to work for the basic things, where you start off real small and grow. I'd like to see the economy really nerfed so that money actually means something. A single dollar should hold it's on. A million should be something that takes weeks to work up to. By giving money meaning again I think you create a server which is a lot more rewarding to play without making enormous changes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. tueminator

tueminator Well-Known Member
    Zume

Lots of good suggestions

The duel would be nice since you can avoid being ganged up on like you might in the pvp arena but it might not get used a lot if the pvp features aren't updated from the current dull state. A small thing that would be nice to have added to this is being able to challenge your faction members to a duel and then kill them for something like their head with bounty hunter instead of having to kick and then invite them back after. Could be quite cool to be able to make your own custom ones as well by using a plot or something along those lines.

Increased difficulty would definitely be great. I'm not sure how you might do it but some things could definitely do with a nerf. The villager spawners are a given though I'm not sure what you could change the emerald drop to. Cactus farm would also need a nerf since a full plot one can make around the same as 2000 villager spawners can.

I would genuinely like to see various /f top that fit the nature of suvival to increase the competition between factions and perhaps make a goal to strive towards. Would also be a fun way to see who grinds stuff the most. The kind of f tops would be stuff like jobs and mcmmo since survival is more of the long grinding nature than being the first to get rich quick.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SZMYT

SZMYT Well-Known Member
    Zume

Also make smp more "OP" with crop hoppers to decrease lag in cactus farms and maybe auto sell chests like the ones from factions

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. IonTech

IonTech Well-Known Member
    Titan

Would like.
    Nice suggestions, tho I'm a bit sad that survival is resetting, (I had some kwel builds on there....)
    I would like cactus and villager farms nerfed, as they make a ridiculous amount of money.
    Like, an absolutely absurd amount.

6. tueminator

Zume

I would prefer it if it's fairly easy to expand the amount of faction members you can have since it's nice to not be limited by the 30 member limit and just being able to expand whenever you feel like it. It still shouldn't be within the first day you'd be able to expand to 130 members though

7. Demented_Pig

Demented_Pig Well-Known Member
    Manos

Id like to see more pvp specific custom enchants be added. Its always fun to create and pvp in a god set of armour

8. tueminator

Zume

Mob arena being added back could be nice even if it wasn't used much

9. Epic_Fantasy

Zume

I feel if it had more of a Dungeon level crawling feel people would play it like level 1 then unlocked down below is level 2 and could have levels 1-5 for each arena to add aspect of leveling up through the arena each level would have a Boss Mob which is the gate keeper you have to beat before moving on to the next level on the subject of "Boss Mobs" I feel the boss mobs in the arenas now were a bit buggy and hard to notice as they didn't have a prefix name describing and telling you which was the boss mob or is it just a normal mob would love to see something like "Lord Chicken" or "Lord Blazer" for the skeleton that shot fireballs and "Magmortas" for the Magmacube boss and ofc add more unique rewards like Mob Arena keys and I feel Shard keys rewards should be Nerfed as they are a little too OP

Survival isn't a pvp related server I mean I'd have no issue with having them on the server it's quite debatable to wither or not Admins will decide to add them back!

Quite true I also feel they should lower the amount of money your able to purchase from the store as it would be pointless to fix the economy if someone just buys 5mil day 1

The Economy itself needs to be harder to create longer playtime and actually have a purpose to earn money because the economy is too OP for the shop prices set as after a week of playing this map i was buying Guardian and Enderman spawners which really isn't any fun

Making it more OP would maybe suit your needs and wants for Survival but I feel Survival is OP enough as is and making it more OP would mean we'd be back at the exact same problem now bored of playing Survival I mean it would just be a waste of time to reset the server if everything is obtainable in a weeks period this survival reset coming up we need to focus on longevity of the maps progression rather than shortening it

I came up with an idea to expand on the /duel system you could even have a GUI for it so you can select a mode type like 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 5v5 or add a custom pvp dueling amounts say like you said faction duels so you could create a 30v30 if you wanted to that would be some fun also add spectating for those who wish to watch rather than fight and add multiple arenas so you can have some variety to choose from

10. Qubit2

Qubit2 Well-Known Member
    Manos

I want PVP to be something we could flag on our properties so that we can build our own arenas. Or allow it on the plot land somehow. Make it so people can't be /tpa griefed, and let us have PVP without only being able to go to a specific warp for it.

11. tueminator

Zume

This could be done by having a specific command which lets you enable pvp if you feel like. I remember seeing this on a server a long time ago

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ObliviousChan

ObliviousChan Active Member
    Gyra

Maybe have it let you fight your allies and faction members or have it keep inventory when enabled..

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Epic_Fantasy

Zume

> I'd like to also see some improved public player areas like bringing back Trading rooms for passing on large amounts of items that don't fit in the /trade menu. also

> Add more enchants to purchase at /warp xp like Flame I and Silk Touch I

> Separate kit Brawl into 2 kits Kit PvP Brawl and Kit Brawl Potions

> Add Auto Sell chests to the Token shop as well as adding Kit Brawl to the token shop at a fairly reasonable price like 50k tokens maybe to give players the chance to save up there tokens from giveaways to have something to save up for as some kids can't always buy stuff from the /store

>Add upgrade-able Backpacks to Survival instead of having the /bp menu

>Add a Market place were players can build shops in a 15x15 square to add the feel of a market place were players can come to share there wares with the server and encourage Social interaction with the community

14. IonTech

IonTech Well-Known Member
    Titan

Allow pistons to push SLIME BLOCKSSSSSSS

• Like Like x 1
  15. Epic_Fantasy

Zume

Push me daddy :p

16. Wito

Wito Well-Known Member
    Gyra

SMP will need more than those suggestions/smalls changes to bring back a part of the unhappy players from the last map. A few weeks after survival map started, a big group left for OPSkyblock because of the OP mode (was more fun and stable than survival apparently), another group of survival players was pissed because of all hidden changes in the back-office without any warnings ... (Spawn rates, prices, lots of mechanics, back and forth with changes every few days). Because of that, many had to destroy big farms and start again a few times in the firsts months. Pretty annoying to be honest.

Sadly no one was listening to them on how they were not happy about the situation. finally, they just left play somewhere else where it was more stable for this season.

Don't forget, many players are playing SMP like an economy server and plan for the long term .... they are not in survival mode at all. A small change can impact weeks of work or make it simply useless in a few seconds. Put everything too hard (Economy, Spawners, etc), they will just switch to another mode or leave where they can find what they want to play.

Like you and many others suggested before, MH needs 2 servers :

Survival OP (Economy Server)
    Survival (Real survival which needs to be completely different than survival OP).

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. SZMYT

SZMYT Well-Known Member
    Zume

basically stop with your ****ty "lets make smp vanilla" cuz it will be more dead than it is now,all because one person wanted it vanilla.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Demented_Pig

Demented_Pig Well-Known Member
    Manos

Ive not seen anyone on this thread say 'lets make smp vanilla'. Survival is far to easy t the moment and that's why its so 'dead'. it only takes one or two weeks to make an insane amount of money and after that there isn't much to do so most people quit. Making it harder to earn money will encourage people to play for longer to really grind to make money. Most suggestions you've made are already implemented on skyblock or factions so instead of saying people are '*****ing' (assuming that's what you said) then go play on those servers.

#18 Demented_Pig, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  19. Epic_Fantasy

Zume

@Wito I can understand why your MAD but do understand that people like yourself who like and enjoy OP economy styled format of Survival complain you are bored and having nothing to do 3 months later I wonder why... seems you want to play Survival for the long term OP economys aren't a long term based style of gamemode I mean I'm not trying to disagree just do put into thought that these issues do occur when having an OP server gamemode

I feel you really are hypocritical against yourself listen to yourself you quit SMP because it got boring to earn money you slinging off like an idiot doesn't really help your case just makes you look like a know it all arrogant fool instead of swearing and degrading people actually put more thought into your suggestions and stop degrading people with your trashie "opinions" If your going to make a suggestion for survival please put some more thought into it

I'd like it to be more semi-vanilla based and add challenge to collect and grow your resources instead of everything being handed to me on a silver plate on /shop e.g make that you have to mine and craft certain items instead of just buying them.

Sadly they all want an OP Economy again this reset and we will be back to this issue once again in 2 weeks this pretty much sums up the last 2 resets we've had and R.I.P I can just picture the flame wars after 2 weeks XD

20. Wito

Wito Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Mad? Absolutely not. Unhappy with what happened? Yes. That's different.

No worries for me I am fine ... I joined the group that was not happy with what happened on SMP at the start (like explained in my other post) and we have fun playing on another server for now. Maybe one day SMP will be more stable at the reset date and more supported by new things added (not only recycled items from factions). Also, players that want to convert SMP to some hardcore survival, asking for a reset or bashing the broken economy every few weeks after a reset will respect others how they want to play the game mode. Not everyone wants some hardcode survival game mode. Never forget, there are many ways to play survival. Sadly, one server setup doesn't fit all players of the network.

Like I said before, That's why MH need both game mode. Survival/Economy and Regular survival. That's 2 totally different group of players that will never align in the same group for a type of play. In fact, the 2 groups make it just toxic in chat/forum arguing for how the game mode should be.

About your comment: OP economy isn't a long-term based style of game mode

Most real Economy/Survival game mode servers don't even reset at all or exceptionally after many years because it's needed on the technical side.

Hopefully, SMP will get better one day and more stable so players that left will get back, play and be happy.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.