Global The necessity of more moderators and admins

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by fredefck, Oct 8, 2019.

1. fredefck

fredefck Well-Known Member
    Zume Supreme Ultimate Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    292d 11h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    freddy#8541
    hi noobs

It is time to make mineheroes great again. Sorry for the poor joke.

Seeing rulebreakers on mineheroes has become a daily event. At this point, it has almost become rare to watch chat for an hour without seeing several players breaking one or more of the server rules. Especially inappropiate behavior, disrespectful behavior, admitting to using hacked clients or modifications and the most annoying, spamming.

This is just one of the many reasons, as to why mineheroes needs more staff members. Since all the players breaking the rules in chat are being reported. See the spoiler if you don't believe me :)
    upload_2019-10-9_1-55-37.png

The real issue appears in same screenshot. Pending. Yeah I know. With the amounts of players I report, it is tough to keep up. But the thing is, I don't read chat all the time and I only make reports that I am most certain will be accepted - however that takes quite a while.
    upload_2019-10-9_2-1-41.png

The thing is, I'm only reporting people on survival. Factions & Skyblock are filled with way too many kids and players more annoying than kids. You'd probably be able to get 10 times my reports in a couple hours on those servers.

Even if everyone reported every rulebreaker, they still get to spend waaaaay too long time on mineheroes after they broke the rules. Time they will spend continuing on breaking the rules. It can take weeks for a report to be accepted. WEEKS. Spammers thrive on mineheroes. Both noobs asking for help and the idiots coming from other servers: "TRADING KEYS!!!! 3 KEYS ON HERE FOR 3 KEYS ON FACTIONS!!! U GO FIRST! I DONT SCAM". Those idiots already who they are. They should be ashamed of themselves and stop. Thanks.

Having one moderator is simply not enough. Mineheroes needs atleast one moderator and/or admin on EVERY server. Obviously except for prison & creative as nobody plays there and/or cares about what happens there. Those moderators needs to be active on their specific server and know not only the basics about that server, but every command and all game mechanics. Something we've not had on mineheroes for years.

Active moderators will be able to handle any situation immediately without the need of waiting weeks on forums. It will set an immediate stop to players breaking the chat rules and prevent new players from spamming their annoying questions such as "HOW TO PLAY ON THIS SERVER!!!!!!!!". In general it will make it a better experience to play on mineheroes.

If you play on mineheroes on a regular, you will see loads of people asking for staff and you'll eventually be needing them yourself. Guess what. There is only one moderator. Good luck getting help.

Even though this thread will probably make no changes at all, seeing how slow everything else on mineheroes moves, I still hope you will all spam it (not encouraging it, as that would be against the rules) to get more attention on the topic and perhaps getting players on survival to stop being idiots in chat, as this is proof that I report you all. And they will be accepted. Eventually.

If you've made it this far and actually read it all, thank you.
    frede***

Inb4
    No player should ever have to change their way of playing, because of other players breaking the rules.
    I am probably among the most warned, banned, kicked, muted players on mineheroes. dw fam, no chance ill ever be a member of the staff team.
    idc

If you're about to post a comment, dumber than the ones I just quoted go through these 3 simple steps:
    1. Delete it all
    2. Try again
    3. Go to step 1. if it is still an idiotic comment

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SweetLadyPage

SweetLadyPage Member
    Ultimate Legend Titan

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    445d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ? Valentines ?
    Discord Tag:
    SweetnLow13#0681
    I completely agree with everything Fred said

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Atlis04

Atlis04 Active Member
    Gyra Ultimate Legend Titan Elite

Server:
    OPPvP
    Play Time:
    82d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    XMAS
    I agree to a certain point like you have to realize if we punish for every little time someone gets out of line or says something you don’t like the server will be lame. Like I’m not saying we should be toxic and cuss etc. but let’s focus on the bigger problems here like hacking spamming/scamming threats etc.

4. PotDropAndRole

PotDropAndRole Well-Known Member
    Legend Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    146d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    PotDropAndRole#8586
    I agree completly.

5. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme Ultimate Elite

Server:
    OPSkyBlock
    Play Time:
    785d 16h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Husband
    CullanP and Wazez are both well aware of the issue regarding the lack of staff on the server. Indeed, it is true that with one moderator we cannot expect tasks such as reports and griefs to be dealt with immediately or even in the span of a day or two. I am all in for a larger staff team, and as you would expect, many other veteran MineHeroes players would be as well. However, Wazez follows a completely different path that pushes away community management and focuses more on the content itself.

In some way it makes sense. Updates and new features brings more players in the server, which helps bring life to the server. If the roles were reverse, where we get hardly any new updates but have an insanely large staff team, what would be the point? Yes the staff team is managing the community and helping players with their issues, but what new stuff is there to discover? The content is great, but if it doesn't get any updates it will eventually become stale, and players will eventually start leaving.

But what good is updates when you can't even have an active staff team keeping players from quitting the server due to an issue they had unsolved? I mean the server has a support system, but really only one person looks at bug reports and ban appeals once a day, and there's no telling if he's able to solve it all in one day on top of his other things to do. You simply cannot expect one person to do all the work, not even two people (This is towards Wazez). Yes updates are important but the health of the community who play your server is also important, and if players continue to leave due to an unhealthy support system then those players may end up giving MineHeroes a bad reputation. Which as a result can slowly bring less players in.

At the same time, having staff members can also be a bad thing. Staff members have made bias or even abusive decisions in the past which aren't spoken about in the community (nor will I bring them up here). These same people we put our trust and hope into can end up being the same people that tears apart our community. "Just hire trustworthy staff members!" "Hire better staff then!" "Recruit staff that actually has a brain!" All things that I have heard at some point in these threads, on discord or on the server.

Have you questioned the legitimacy of people who apply for staff members? We do not fully know their intentions, whether they are applying just for the tag or even for selfish desires. Wazez would not want to waste time trying to get the answers to these questions. Besides, any person can change in a matter of seconds the moment they are granted power. Next thing we know your friendly skyblock pal Jimmy can go on a massive banning spree the next day for ridiculous reasons. Pretty much what I'm saying is that it's difficult for Wazez to put trust in people who will just end up ruining the server later, while it's hard for him to identify people who actually want to help the community grow.

So in short, if you just skipped all this and decided to read the very last thing I want to say, then yes. The community needs staff members, but not the server. There's big difference between the community and the server. The community are the people who desperately ask for assistance regarding a report, bug or exploit on the server. While the server is the place where everyone gathers at to enjoy all these new features and stuff. Believe it or not but the server relies more on updates than its staff team. Heck we barely had a staff team for about a year or so now and player counts still reach 1,000 or even more (in fact during the summer we were getting 1.5k-2k players daily). So it is not a "necessity" for the server but more for the veteran players who have an issue or something.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Atlis04

Atlis04 Active Member
    Gyra Ultimate Legend Titan Elite

Server:
    OPPvP
    Play Time:
    82d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    XMAS
    I quit reading when you said if the roles were switched the server wouldn’t thrive or whatever. Honestly dumbest thing I’ve ever read

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PotDropAndRole

PotDropAndRole Well-Known Member
    Legend Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    146d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    PotDropAndRole#8586
    Well put. At some point, waz should just get some old staff going again and start recruiting.

Idk I'll always be on the position that we need staff. At some point, cullan will get burnt out from literally doing it all and at that point we'll be screwed. Rather think ahead and be proactive.

8. _Xuan

_Xuan Member
    Legend Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    28d 9h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    i Casper i
    huh why was your response not removed?

9. nathanvanderpool

nathanvanderpool Well-Known Member
    Titan

Server:
    OPSkyBlock
    Play Time:
    141d 17h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Prestige]
    Discord Tag:
    Jakekill1#8244
  10. Wurv

Wurv Active Member
    Legend Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    27d 6h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    MrFuzzBall#5385
    I get that there are some trust issues with the higher up staff, but it has gotten to a point (been like this for a while) where the server is losing players and the WHOLE mineheroes community desperately wants staff. Players can cheat super blatantly in a game like factions (where REAL money is on the line) and completely change the outcome of the game. This is especially an issue of factions because there are no rollbacks anymore which means players from other servers can come onto mineheroes and cheat because they just dont care about the server at all and completely ruin the experience for true mineheroes players. A staff team would make it so that these cheaters could be stopped more quickly and that all player reports wouldn't be handled by Cullan, who is already VERY busy doing way more than he should be. Please get staff and stop being completely negligent to the wants of everyone on mineheroes.