Factions The changes factions seriously need asap

Discussion in 'Accepted Suggestions' started by drjpkc, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drjpkc

drjpkc Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    36d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    The unique thing about MH is that it has a set community, many other faction servers are just having factions hopping there for a map or 2 then hopping to the next server. MineHeroes has a community keeping it alive, especially the factions part which needs a lot of work and I will list suggestions I think need to be implemented asap.

1. Enable AP's. Any idiot can straightline, just let people use them it makes defending a lot more worthwhile. I mean 30 chunk buffers and no AP who is gonna get breached unless you are an absolute bot

2. Actually put in raiding rules. MineHeroes is a mess, people can have infinite claims on a base, it makes buffer running impossible/aids. Here are some very basic raiding rules: only one faction can raid at a time (you alr have this i think), 1 hour raid cooldowns, only one cannon can be used at a time (alr have this aswell), only one counter can be shot at a time, maximum 30 walls on cannon box, ONLY ONE RAIDCLAIM ON A BASE AT A TIME! Kids have like 1000 different raid claims to build boxes on a base mineheroes. Remove that bullshit, make it a set rule you can only have one raid claim on a base at a time, hence if I want to build a box on the otherside i need to unclaim my old one first. DO NOT LET PEOPLE COUNTER FROM BEHIND!!!

3. Remove invis pots. Legit are just op and stupid. Makes defending OP. When you patch its ez af and you can just stay inside enemy's cannon box after countering giving them no chance to fix it. Also makes pvp a lot more easy as opponents cant see your hp... Legit everything about them are just broken.

4. Don't let people /back into enemy territory. This makes countering a lot easier, if kids can just /back into a cannon. How can i fix my cannon and continue my raid if kids can just stay in it invis and /back?

5. I would have kept the old system rather than the points sytem. The old system being where it takes time to value to accumulate. Because with this current system if you raid someone with like 1-2 days left you lose, even if you may be the better faction but they simply outgrind you. What I am meaning to say is it is alot harder to win a map if someone else out eco's you. I liked the system where it took 2 days for spawners to gain value (or was it 3? dont remember), I would revert to that and remove the points system.

6. Make a set strikes/warning system and f bans. Basically show how many bans a faction has on the /f show and X amount of bans = x amount of strikes, and x amount of strikes = whatever punishment. Obviously other violations of rules should be also rewarded with strikes. For example duping, being caught ddosing/doxxing, using alt factions, etc.

7. We need more staff, in order for the strikes/warning system and raiding rules to work you need lots of and ACTIVE staff. That is really a requirement, if you do not want to hire more staff then don't even bother trying to improve the server IMO because cullan can't solo do everything.

8. Personally I would change the pvp system, you cant die in gsets unless it breaks and shrooms are op. I would remove soup pvp completely and have it as pot pvp. Also too many ce's, remove some. Gsets are OP, I would remove all the ce's except the ones that give basic pot effects like water breathing, speed, fire res, etc.

9. Increase payout, with these rules and IF THE TPS IS GOOD comp factions will come, all you need is an attractive payout to bring facs/playerbase over. Cullan told me MH makes bank so put your money where your mouth is. As they say money talks bullshit walks, make it 2/3 weeks of tnt with 250-300 USD paypal for f top 1, 150 for f top 2 and then 75 for f top 3 or something like that weekly.

I really believe if all these changes are implemented correctly and the server has a good host for tps the factions side could thrive.

#1 drjpkc, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. LandPayments

LandPayments Active Member
    Manos Ultimate Legend

Server:
    Factions
    Play Time:
    102d 10h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [TopFaction]
    Discord Tag:
    LandPayments#3857
  3. hu7y

hu7y Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Legend Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    42d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [LITMAS]
    Discord Tag:
    hu7y#8042
    Dumbest **** I ever heard... jk +1

[​IMG]

#3 hu7y, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  4. megamor1

megamor1 Well-Known Member
    Gyra Manos Legend Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    67d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    FactionsOG
    I agree with all of those except the pvp one. Mineheroes pvp is pretty unique, and it isn't that broken, people can actually die on gsets, unlike many other servers such as vanity. Cannonbox rules and raid claim rules are absolutely necessary, but the question is, where the staff at for it.

5. Skobe

Skobe Member
    Gyra Ultimate Elite

Server:
    Play Time:
    104d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [WeeWoo]
    Discord Tag:
    jme#2528
    Make me staff again

6. Crysot

Crysot Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Titan Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    80d 17h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [snek]
    Discord Tag:
    Black Tulip#7562
    Yes please, straightlines are absolutely aids, idk how tali still got split
    Would be a cool thing if there was any staff but I won't even talk about cannon rules, cuz, well just keep reading
    Dunno about this one, on the one hand I'm sick of getting accused of tracers but on the other hand I like grinding invis kids (but fr tho, would be worth a try so why not)
    I like not having to tpa to someone in my fac when I go back to my base for a second and come back just after, I'd suggest removing /back's in enemy territory after like 3min or smth, would solve the problem as well imo
    Keep the point system but make them go down if you don't have as many spawners up anymore (maybe make it like a reverse version of the 1 or 2 day spawner value gain thingy if u get what I mean)
    Sure why not, cool thing in theory, would take staff to give out these warnings
    Would be cool but won't happen as Cullan or Wazez stated in some posts, we have to work with what we have right now (which is a Dev who is working his ass off for the server rn, lots of respect for that btw) and try to make the best out of it. I agree with every single point u stated here, a server (especially factions) doesn't work without staff, but we can't change that so rip
    I don't even know why gsets are still a thing, every good pvper I talked to about this would prefer pvp without ce's (excluding flash, scuba diver, etc. (also add a strength ce pls)), so big ass +1
    If mineheroes had actual comp factions playing the server couldn't take that and Cullan could give out even less warnings/bans (in relation to the number of warnings that should be given out) than he does right now so I'm against this. Mineheroes doesn't have enough staff to handle more factions and I don't really see that this will change in the near future, therefore we're lucky to not have bigger factions playing imo (also tps goes to dig a grave when there's 2 cannons firing at the same time so good luck with that)

Also, (kinda) off topic, some points in this post are a perfect example for how factions turned into **** imo (at least on mh). Back in the days you set up your cannon right in front of the enemy base, you didn't have to make a hundred small claims to confuse your enemies and build your cannon 200 chunks out. Either you raided and got in, or you got caught and force raided or you got caught and stopped. Nowadays we need rules for all of this, people have cannons in their buffer that are very easy to use (no skill needed to cannon anymore), factions recruit armies of bots (talking about both small and big factions, e. g. Taliban and Trip, but ofc not limited to these) that do straightlines (well Trip doesn't straightline but you get my point). It's not about skill anymore, you need literally one person in the faction who knows about the VERY basics of cannoning and base designs and you're good. Cannon skids are everywhere, you need rules for everything and if people get punished or not depends on if the only factions staff out there (who is a god damn Developer, dealing with rules isn't even his actual job) notices you or not. I heard of people receiving a response on reports weeks after it happened, of course the problem didn't matter anymore at this point. Don't get me wrong, this isn't Cullans fault at all, he does an amazing job and tries his hardest and I really appreciate that, it's more of a problem that comes with having no staff. Factions as it is right now isn't fun anymore imo, it's turning into an only pvp gamemode more and more. I don't know if this can be stopped by anything, maybe this is only a problem of mh but I guess there needs to be something wrong in general when a faction like Karma gets split by Trip, who recruited (and again, don't get me wrong doc, you and probably many others in Trip are good players) a bunch of randoms to do slave work. Maybe I'm just talking nonsense at this point so I'm just gonna stfu now k bye

tl;dr
    1st part: good ideas, lacking staff tho so probs won't work/won't be implemented
    2nd part: *sobbing* I miss the old days ;-; Taliban big bad

PS: I'd like to stress how ****ing lucky we are to have Cullan dealing with all the reports, it's technically not his job and anyone hating on him for being abusive or unfair or whatever for sure doesn't know how much he has to deal with.

7. drjpkc

drjpkc Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    36d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    We only had 30 more players than karma 150 v 120, the reason we won is not numbers at all but rather dedication. We had hunger to win, buffer running our cannon 247, being very organized and when our cannon blew up or got countered we would all stay online, fix and keep on going. Karma wasnt able to set up a counter and thats skill not numbers. Also we are the only fac who closed recruitment as soon as the map started while all the others had them open for the whole map, so idk where the comparison between taliban and trip comes from.

8. drjpkc

drjpkc Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    36d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Tomorrow i will read your post in more delth and reply to the individual points related to the matter on hand

9. Crysot

Crysot Well-Known Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    80d 17h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [snek]
    Discord Tag:
    Black Tulip#7562
    I saw some people in the roster that I knew from Toast, some of them had barely any experience. I don't know much about that map, I just chose Trip as an example cuz I knew that at least some of you were unexperienced, unlike Karma. Anyhow, this was mainly about mh so let's not argue this out, I just wanted to give some names.

10. Lushfuul

Lushfuul Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Supreme Ultimate Legend Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    230d 10h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Turmoil]
    Discord Tag:
    Lush#5162
    Been suggested many times since the last staff members left/got demoted. They are not interested in having as staff team. Yes, it would be nice for us as players but it isn't necessary for the server at the moment. The server seems to be able to thrive from updates even with the lack of support for the players.

11. drjpkc

drjpkc Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    36d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    IDK if making no spawners =points going down would be viable, because if you get raided with one day left you still win. I prefer a world where you can win by raiding the opponents the last day or so. Look at MH rn, you could absolutely skull **** taliban and split them 40 times and take all their spawners but still not win this week, that is just stupid imo. Should just be spawners taking time to gain value.

12. drjpkc

drjpkc Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    36d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    "thrive", the server part is dying, its the same factions playing. Well only tali is left from the "Big factions", PayPal months ago and never looked back, Azeron left and even snek/gamers left to Ostia. They always add like 1-2 updates a map. Not enough. Implement the changes I suggested which REQUIRE a staff team and MH can be great again. Having staff is not an option, its a must. Factions as a game mode requires a staff team.
    I guess they just don't care about factions since SkyBlock makes the big cash anyway...

13. Crysot

Crysot Well-Known Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    80d 17h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [snek]
    Discord Tag:
    Black Tulip#7562
    Isn't this the reason they added the points? The faction that's dominating most of the time is winning the payout, it's kinda annoying when you dominate all the time and get split last minute. But I think this is just where opinions are different so it's hard to argue this out.

14. Lushfuul

Server:
    Play Time:
    230d 10h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Turmoil]
    Discord Tag:
    Lush#5162
    They need staff on Skyblock just as much as they do on Facs. It was unfortunate a few bad staff members ruined it for everyone. I can understand why Waz doesn't want or trust staff members. We might need staff and we could be right in thinking that the server will die out without support for the community but I don't think it will change anything, which is unfortunate but just the way it is.

15. drjpkc

drjpkc Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    36d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    It makes things much more fun if you can always lose ;)
    Every other server has that system, makes things a lot more fun!

16. drjpkc

drjpkc Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    36d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    So someone abused and they arent hiring anymore? I mean the factions server isnt attracting any new factions but just losing them, may aswell take a gamble!

17. Lushfuul

Server:
    Play Time:
    230d 10h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Turmoil]
    Discord Tag:
    Lush#5162
    It wasn't just one. It was enough to make Waz not trust staff anymore and honestly if it had of been my server I would have done the same thing. It's one thing wrongfully ban someone 'just because', or get base coords using the staff commands but selling IPs and what not is a whole different story.

It's unfortunate that it came to this. I believe that if there was some form of a competent staff management team at the time, and not just Louis running the show things could have turned out better. Even now if they were to hire a few people that Waz could trust to ensure that the community gets the support it needs, it might be possible that a small staff team could be redeveloped but again, despite its demand, I very much doubt that it will happen.

18. drjpkc

drjpkc Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    36d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Isnt there a way for staff to not have access to the server databases?

19. Lushfuul

Server:
    Play Time:
    230d 10h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Turmoil]
    Discord Tag:
    Lush#5162
    I don't believe that was the issue. At the time Sr. Mod+ had access to players current and past IPs since we dealt with IP Bans and Unbans. I still have no idea how a Moderator was getting these and allegedly selling them for IRL money. Other than that, anyone below Admin shouldn't have had access to anything related to the databases. Just IPs for Sr. Mod +.

After the start of 2018, we just seemed to get a heap of members who thought they could abuse, including Admins. What was left of the Sr. Staff team after May 2018, unfortunately, recruited people who were not suited for the position. I believe due to the lack of staff at the time after a large portion of the team resigned the application process could have been rushed and people were recruited without really looking into their history that well. One thing leads to another and here we are without a staff team.

20. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme Ultimate Elite

Server:
    OPFactions
    Play Time:
    758d 8h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Husband
    There actually is a way to. This can be done by hiding player IPs from certain staff positions such as helper or moderator, which are pretty much "entry level" positions. You can even hide them from senior moderators and admins, however this would make issuing a little harder. But most staff members do not have access to everything on the server, even when we actually had a staff team back then. You can also rework permissions for helper so people can't go off abusing on their first day on the staff team (which I'm pretty sure happened at some point in MineHeroes' 5 year+ history)

Anyways yeah these are good ideas for Factions, but just how many of them will actually get accepted, let alone even viewed by Wazez or CullanP. No offense but I don't think Wazez knows much about the Factions game mode, and I don't think he takes time or will take time to learn from other servers. Skyblock will always make him more money because of how large the community is and how well the game mode was executed compared to other servers on the MineHeroes network.

Regarding staff team you may as well consider that dead at this point. Staff are necessary for the community to stick around longer but not necessary for the server. What I mean is that the community relies on staff members too much, for a good reason in most cases. However, in wazez's mind, this is meaningless if you continue to attract new players every day to replace the ones that keep leaving or decide to quit. I want more staff members as much as you and everyone else here, but unfortunately as Lush has well explained, that will most likely never happen again if they are really relying on a BOT to handle ban appeals and probably other things we aren't aware about

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.