Survival Survival Resets

Discussion in 'Accepted Suggestions' started by WristRed, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WristRed

WristRed Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    109d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [TOP RANK SMP]
    Suggestion: Have two survival servers so that the competitive and majorly economic survival (current state) could remain, but also have one more community based and casual economic survival server (old state).

Statement: I understand having frequent resets allows for updates/implementations, but why is there a reset on survival every 3-4 months? Just because of the prize? If that's the only real reason, there needs to be 2 survival servers. A prize survival with 3-4 months, and a non-prize survival with 10-12 months. If people aren't playing to get the prize it's pretty inconsiderate to reset this frequently. Reset periods for survival should be 10-12 months, not 3-4. This frequency takes away the drive to play survival. For me, it takes away the since of accomplishment if I know my base is going to be gone so soon.

Post: I'm not saying to ruin survival server as it currently is, I'm asking for another option that is more community and economy based, not just competitive economy based. Furthermore, stating that it's just called survival but isn't really survival is not a justifiable response. I'm not here to argue the name of the server. I'm suggesting an addition to Mineheroes that could bring in new players or bring back old players

#1 WristRed, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  2. SZMYT

SZMYT Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    451d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    SZMYT#9522
    "survival" isnt a survial server. its a peaceful factions server thats just called survival. really not sure how you have not noticed that.
    3 month maps are fine since it has a economy so it needs to be reset constantly. if you are looking for a actually SMP server this isnt it.
    also how long does it take to build a base (probably like 2-3 days) not 3-4 months.
    also also , the maps were 3-4 months before they added prizes. the dev team has decided to move away from vanilla survival and make it more like a economy based server (which it is now)

3. WristRed

Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    109d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [TOP RANK SMP]
    First of all being sassy isn't needed.
    I realize it's not 'survival survival'. That doesn't change my comments.
    3 month maps might be fine for your playstyle, but not mine. That's why it's a suggestion.
    Economy isn't the only driving factor for people playing on Survival.
    Some people don't have hours a day to spend to build their base in 2-3 days. I was referring to building a faction/community/multi-user base, not just a hunt for stuff. Some people like to build big designs and have actual visual depth to their builds.
    Them changing the maps to 3-4 months before prizes still doesn't detract from my post. It might not have been their original reason for reducing the time between resets, but it could be a big factor now.
    And I didn't say to take anything away from the way survival is setup now. My suggestion was to create another survival with a few changes.

4. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume Supreme Ultimate Legend Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    335d 3h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    Discord Tag:
    Hokaras#9730
    If you like to build and don't want to lose progress on your builds you have 3 choices.
    1. Safe your base as a schematic to pick up your build where you left off before the reset.
    2. Play on creative that doesn't reset.
    3. Play in an offline/self hosted world.
    Survival is not about economy that is correct. Mineheroes survival is just not survival.

5. WristRed

Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    109d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [TOP RANK SMP]
    Every person is supposed to save their base to a schematic every 3 months just to pick up where they left off? Still seems too frequent. Why not just let the server go on a bit longer?
    Creative is a good option if I just wanted to build things and not have all the other aspects of the survival server. Good, but takes away most of the aspects that survival currently has.
    Playing offline/self hosted wouldn't solve the issue.
    I will clarify my post.

6. SZMYT

SZMYT Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    451d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    SZMYT#9522
    not gonna happen just saying. having 10 people play a server is a waste of time and money.
    also .
    some people might not but you obv do since you have 109 days playtime.

7. WristRed

Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    109d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [TOP RANK SMP]
    Ok

8. WristRed

Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    109d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [TOP RANK SMP]
    Still doesn't take away from my point. But, since you mention it, the time I have played doesn't reflect the time I have now. It's called a different perspective.

9. Wazez

Wazez Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    104d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Wazez#6186
    Thank you for submitting a suggestion thread.

We have looked at your idea and have decided to implement it into our network.

Take note that, although this suggestion has been accepted, there is no set date as to when it will be implemented.

Feel free to post more suggestions at www.mineheroes.net/forums/suggest

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.