Factions Suggestions for Factions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Walterrr, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Walterrr

Walterrr Well-Known Member
    Zume Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    207d 6h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [snek]
    Disappointing reset change log but both I myself and many other faction players would love to see these introduced in the upcoming reset update that is supposed to make up for the original reset post.

1. Since you guys are so obsessed with mob coins, I'm not even going to bother trying to get them removed from drop-kill grinders even though thats what I want. However, the least you could do is remove them from creeper spawners, you guys already made creepers only drop TNT, a feature many of us wanted since it takes away the hassle of building filter systems, yet with these mob coins, were back to the same page. You might as well bring back gunpowder and diamond drops while you're at it.

2. This /f inspect just doesn't work, we don't want to see everything that happens inside a faction, thats very unnecessary, we want to see specific things such as who moved chests, who mined a specific block, etc., currently, /f inspect just gives me a long ass unorganised list of irrelevant activities going on within my faction. For example, do I really need to know when my team mates put soup or other worthless crap in chests? Not at all, and its all just so unorganised, you have activities ranging from 20 minutes ago to 3 days ago all being shown on the same page. A more favourable and efficient way would be an /f inspect mode, where when toggled, we can go around selecting specific blocks to show the edit history, thats really all we want.

Additionally, add f inspect for /f vault, thats where we store our valuable goods, not random chests that we place around. The current /f inspect format would work for this feature if you actually fixed the time stamp orders so they are displayed in coherence with when the activity occurred.

3. Buff blazes, I wasn't lying when I said villager grinders are way better for grinding XP and levels. A villager grinder we had 2 maps ago got us around 500 levels over night, thats like 100 times more than the amount of xp we'll get from grinding blazes for an entire map. You can either increase the amount of XP dropped from blazes or make it so that killing 1 blaze in a stack will kill the rest (pretty neat feature as seen in many other faction servers).

4. Stackable mob heads. Can't really expect us to grind these things when you've made it so troublesome to collect. And where do we even sell these things? no where to be found in spawn.

5. Remove TNT wands from rewards, no need for these anymore considering how creeper spawners don't drop gunpowder anymore.

6. Increase the amount of accounts allowed on the server at once to 20, if you want all of us who run VPS to boost your player base of course.

7. Make cane grow back faster, think we have the biggest cane farm on the server right now and it doesn't fit more than 3 people if we want it constantly growing back.

8. Faction names next to player names in PvP. We currently find it really hard to differentiate who our team mates are when were in combat.

9. Said it before, printer on MineHeroes needs some work, not really with the amount of ghost blocks but just how it handles larger printing distances, anything above 3 and it starts getting wacky. And add /printer mode while you're at it.

10. Add cannoning rules. Let players know what types of cannons are allowed and what aren't. I've even offered to do it for you guys already.

11. Make Magnet a more common enchant by increasing our chances of getting it, move it to the common section or something. They're crucial for grinding cane at the start since the eco here is cane, they really need to be a lot easier to acquire. Or just sell harvester hoes in the store, like proper harvester hoes, not the golden ones you currently have that are useless. Only thing good about the golden ones is that they auto sell cane, but once you put harvester and magnet enchant on it, they stop working together with each other.

12. Increase the limit on mob coin spins.

13. Make it so that once a faction has claimed a corner, they can't claim another unless they use an alt faction which should be punishable. And no, I'm not saying this because my faction and I didn't get a corner, we actually got 3. Just makes it a lot more fair for everyone else.

14. Invisible potions are currently a bit too overpowered, like everyone has been saying, you can stop an entire raid by yourself with invisible potions and obsidian blocks or gen buckets. Don't know if this would work but maybe add a CE that allows you to see invisible players. It would be a lot like the depths strider enchant which is crucial when conducting raids. At the same time, disable the new feature where you can't build in combat, thats how we've been defending our bases since factions was a thing, gen bucket and printer patching came later, you can disable those in combat for all I care.

15. Buff KOTH rewards, everyone has been saying it every map and you guys claim you've buffed them every time but its always the same old crap loot. tier 1 money, tier 1 XP, blah blah blah.

16. Fix the glitch where we die after spawning in 2 blocks above the ground. Lost a heroic last map because of it and I've seen the same happen to 2 players this map.

17. Disable the grace period anti-b**** claim feature after like 3 days into the server. Corners are all claimed by then, we should be allowed to start setting up cannon claims already.

18. Add in the anti-spawner miner feature where your spawners cannot be mined when TNT is being fired into your territory. Been requested so many times already and I know you guys have already coded it so I don't see a reason not to. Especially with spawner mining enthusiasts *cough cough, CheekyBoys and Greater* playing this map.

19. Allow an option to let sell chest deposit directly towards faction balance.

20. Add a "recruit" position to the list of available positions in factions. Would allow us distribute positions more appropriately, especially with 35 man factions now instead of the 25 it was before.

I know Outpost, Raid events, and carpet sand comps are being worked on so I'm not going to elaborate on those.

These suggestions were compiled from both myself and players from the factions community.

#1 Walterrr, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ImNear

ImNear Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    71d 6h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [LITMAS]
    Discord Tag:
    RandomOffTheStreet#8362
    +1 I'd love to see these implemented it's such a tire when the cane doesn't grow back after it's all done... Also, sometimes you could accidentally jump into a 5 strong pvp group by accident, thinking it to be a brawl, So names would help alot

3. mattyw13

mattyw13 Well-Known Member
    Manos Ultimate Legend Titan Elite

Server:
    Play Time:
    133d 23h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [snek]
    You can sell Mob heads with ./heads.. ;)

The rest of this needs to be added. @Wazez @NotReady @CullanP

+1

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. Pinkily

Pinkily Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    95d 3h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [sendnoots]
    Discord Tag:
    Pinkily#8640
    I think a lot of the suggestions would be very beneficial to factions. I specifically liked #20 I think a recruit position would make it easier to layout perms so that people can have the perms they are supposed to. Also I liked #15 I think that the efforts to win Koth are normally not worth the prize you get from winning it.

5. Vixenly

Vixenly Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Legend Titan Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    102d 6h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ProMiner
    Discord Tag:
    Vixenly
    I don't play Factions, yet I do like these suggestions, I can't believe they haven't been implemented yet!

6. FR3NCH

FR3NCH Active Member
    Ultimate Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    218d 14h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [o-o]
    I think a good addition would be rewards for those who reach /mctop (criteria)
    For example ppl who reach 4k on herbalism first get a prize.

just kidding but really want to see cannoning rules added as they are kinda iffy atm

7. CullanP

CullanP Developer
    Staff Member Developer Admin

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    334d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Villain
    I'm going to work to try doing as much of this today as I can, however for #17, that's intentional as it's a grace period time and people are supposed to have time to prepare their bases. As for f inspect, would a new sub-command added onto the current f vault work? Like /f vault inspect, If I make the current /f inspect system let you right/left click blocks and show logs it's going to be limited to only that and not logging anything else, e.g /f inspect <#> will be gone

#9 I've heard of ghost blocks but never a range issue, if you could upload a video that would help, I already know how to fix the ghost blocks, I'll do that today as well since it's pretty simple, just have to update the surrounding blocks for every block placed, that'll fix the issue of blocks not showing up

#14 is possible with the way we handle the invis pots now. We had to make a system to work around our current scoreboards so players couldn't see the invis players, I can easily make an enchant that shows invis players.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ferihon

ferihon Well-Known Member
    Manos Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    100d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    | Ends Tonight |
    Discord Tag:
    ferihon#8601
    Thanks Cullan! Also @Walterrr agree with all of these.

9. Executable

Executable Well-Known Member
    Gyra Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    31d 19h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    5Baller5
    Discord Tag:
    ᴇxᴇᴄᴜᴛᴀʙʟᴇ#8558
    Instead of making #14 a enchant you should make it a toggleable command like /toggle invis (on/off)

10. Sircled

Sircled Well-Known Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    46d 14h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    PvPAddict
    +1 all the way. But I made a lot of invis pots for pvp cause I don’t want to get targeted cause I’m bad......

11. CullanP

CullanP Developer

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    334d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Villain
    That defeats the purpose of invis pots, it's better to keep this enchant-based. I'm also going to be removing the useless legendary enchants from the GUI, maybe include custom percents to make players get the more wanted-enchants

12. Sircled

Server:
    Play Time:
    46d 14h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    PvPAddict
    Ooo yay

13. CullanP

CullanP Developer

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    334d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Villain
    Printer will no longer get ghost blocks, reply back to this thread and let me know how it is after the reboot, I've been busy with 4th of july so i didn't push any updates I wanted out sadly, however printer should be much better now. The range may still be a bit messy but I've never seen a report of that yet, so I'd need to see what's happening with a video

14. Sircled

Server:
    Play Time:
    46d 14h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    PvPAddict
    What were the 4th of July prizes

15. CullanP

CullanP Developer

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    334d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Villain
    It was random for everyone, but it was some spawners, every type of key, like nova, plat, randomized legendary enchants, etc.

16. Heptic

Heptic Well-Known Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    8d 16h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    I don't play factions but I do like all the suggestions you've thought of.

17. Walterrr

Zume Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    207d 6h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [snek]
    Much appreciated.

And yes, a sub command like /f vault inspect would work. And all we need to see is the history of who withdrew and deposited things within the faction vault in chronological order. Much like how the current /f inspect lists everything. Except maybe try to make it a bit more neat.

Left/right clicking blocks is all we need really, we usually only need /f inspect to check who mined specific blocks like sell chests or spawners. Right/left clicking blocks in a toggled mode to show the edit history would be a lot easier than scanning through pages of f inspect history to look for one thing. As for chests, maybe make it so that a log of who withdrew and deposited stuff inside the chest will appear after you left/right click the chest.

I’m not sure if reducing he amount of ghost blocks will fix the printer range issue I was thinking of but I’ll test it later and let you know.

Maybe make this CE a legendary one, harder to get than the rest. Invisible potions are still be very useful and we wouldn’t want to render them useless by making this anti invis CE easy to get.

Also forgot to mention this in #8. Adding some colors would also help, green for your own faction, pink for allies, white for neutral, red for enemies.

18. ducktaep

ducktaep Well-Known Member
    Manos Legend Titan Elite Hero

Server:
    Factions
    Play Time:
    79d 11h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    tyrone#0002
    +1 for everything

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. CullanP

CullanP Developer

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    334d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Villain
    Could you/someone elaborate on #16

20. Walterrr

Zume Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    207d 6h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [snek]
    Doesn’t happen all the time but when it does, we take a lot of fall damage (I think its fall damage... not really sure, we just die instantly in most cases) after logging back on after server reboots. Well I’m assuming its server reboots in particular because thats when it happened to myself and another player. Maybe try disabling fall damage for like the first 3 seconds when players log onto the server?

Also not sure if this is true but I heard faction power is capped at 1500 this map which is pretty ridiculous if it is. Big bases take up around 800-900 claims, cannon claims take up like 100 each and we have plenty of cannon claims to set, that really doesn’t leave us with any leftover power to prevent being overclaimed. Remove the cap if there is one, what we had last map was perfect.