Global Staff Apreciation Day/week?

Discussion in 'Accepted Suggestions' started by Dkoa, May 6, 2018.

?

Should We have a Staff day to appreciate our staff?

Poll closed May 20, 2018.
  1. Yes! Our staff diserve it

68.8%
  2. No! I Dont want to have a staff day as it may cause Spam, and extra

31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dkoa

Dkoa Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    126d 14h
    Hero Level:
    ProPvper
    The staff On mineheroes do a lot for us @Wazez Suggestion for you The staff do so much for us Can we give them a Appreciation day? Like for example make a Staff Day Where there are New tags you can get and mini challenges

Quest:You get this one for Logging in on staff day 1st reward: WazezJr Title and 1k tokens
    Quest:Say HappyStaffDay! on every server on mineheroes2nd Reward: 2k tokens and #StaffDay Tag
    Quest: Make a Mini Kitpvp server that has a climaxcraft map and you have to kill 10 people: 3rd Reward 1k tokens and a #BlameClimax title
    Quest: play 10 games of Skywars 4Final reward reward 2k tokens a 3 star Mystery box and a #StaffDidIt Title

#1 Dkoa, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
  2. BrushStrokes

BrushStrokes Well-Known Member
    Manos

Server:
    Play Time:
    41d 6h
    Hero Level:
    oof
    Not a bad idea! I think that forcing a community to appreciate staff might not be the b'est thing to do, and the rewards would need to be nerfed. Otherwise, good suggestion!

3. Dkoa

Dkoa Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    126d 14h
    Hero Level:
    ProPvper
    No I mean making it optional xd like you can do the quests if you want too.

4. BrushStrokes

Manos

Server:
    Play Time:
    41d 6h
    Hero Level:
    oof
    Sure. But everyone wants the rewards, so if you want em, you're forced to appreciate them.

5. Starrinq_

Starrinq_ Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    505d 10h
    Hero Level:
    $ MoneyMaker $
    Quest: Beat A Staff in /server pvp Final Reward: You get x2 coins from all minigames for however long staff day is 1mill on any Server and a Platnium key on any server you want plus a #12345678 Title.

Great way to show your appreciation for the staff team by murdering them in a pvp server (and probably even getting it on tape to share with friends and stuff)

But honestly, I feel like this isn't something that will be taken seriously by the players. Players would more likely be focused on just getting the rewards rather than showing their true appreciation for the staff team. I mean. Why appreciate the staff team for their hard work for a week when we can appreciate them for that every day at our own will

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. HydroxTarget

HydroxTarget Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    84d 3h
    Hero Level:
    [Turmoil]
    Some of these quests would have to be tweaked because they encourage breaking the rules (spam), but I really like the event idea :)

ps how would you complete the final quest when we are all pvp masters?!! ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cqrbon

Cqrbon Well-Known Member
    Gyra Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    48d 1h
    Hero Level:
    They would just farm me. ;)

This would be an interesting idea, although I would be a little concerned about forced participation like @BrushStrokes mentioned. Maybe a bunch of events where the community can interact the staff team and earn rewards? Cool idea though, thanks for sharing!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. EdgyRanger

EdgyRanger Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    128d 21h
    Hero Level:
    There's gonna be no staff left to appreciate by the time Waz is through...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. NotReady

NotReady Well-Known Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    78d 11h
    Hero Level:
    ? LIGMA ?
    Goodness, beating me on server pvp? Should award you at least 20k tokens, best admin pvper on mineheroes.

10. BrushStrokes

Manos

Server:
    Play Time:
    41d 6h
    Hero Level:
    oof
    Who's an admin?

#NotReadyForMod

11. Canadas

Canadas Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Zume

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    106d 2h
    Hero Level:
    [Turmoil]
    it sounds like you just want this added so you can get tokens. It would nice to appreciate our staff team but it shouldn't benefit the players because it is based around the staff members

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TrulyPurple

TrulyPurple Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    103d 1h
    Hero Level:
    I agree with the fact that staff should be appreciated but the fact you get rewarded for appreciating them is not needed. Remember, we all are behind screens, how are we meant to know that you mean something when you are behind a screen. This also can be abused since I could see players jumping onto alts and railing the easier or even harder staff members (If they are good). @Lobsided @BasicallyLouis ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. BasicallyLouis

BasicallyLouis Sr. Moderator
    Staff Member Sr. Moderator Supreme

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    150d 12h
    Hero Level:
    [​IMG]

14. Canadas

Canadas Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Zume

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    106d 2h
    Hero Level:
    [Turmoil]
    I would probably get those alts on

15. ImJustStrafin

ImJustStrafin Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    86d 23h
    Hero Level:
    ? King ?
    *Cough * *Cough* Only Admin *Cough* *Cough*

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Dkoa

Dkoa Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    126d 14h
    Hero Level:
    ProPvper
    I Agree xd I havent thought this out 100 percent tbh I just thought it would be a cool concept to add where its a whole day/week where we apreciate staff

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. lkcbharath

lkcbharath Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    47d 22h
    Hero Level:
    Skyblock3OG
    Not a bad idea! But, if you feel that staff should be appreciated, you don't need to have a full-blown event :) You can do it in your own little way, like saying hi to them, telling them they're doing good, giving positive feedback on the forums, and so on.

As for Staff vs. Players event, it is long overdue...

18. DonaldTrumpPlays

DonaldTrumpPlays Well-Known Member
    Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    103d 2h
    Hero Level:
    SkyblockOG
    I'm against this for a few reasons. First off, rewarding players for these events in particular will do nothing. Most of these don't have to do with interacting with staff at all, let alone appreciating them. Also, players would do this just for the rewards when they truly don't appreciate staff. Another issue is, if staff deserve appreciation, I believe they get it. If a staff member is less active in the community or does something to give themself a bad name in the community, then they should have to work to receive their respect back etc. Once they do that and start doing positive things for the server/community, the community will appreciate them. You must do something that can be appreciated before you are appreciated lol. If a staff member does little to nothing within the community, what do players have to appreciate? If a staff member is fun and active in the community, players will like that staff member and appreciate them. You don't need an event for this, because if they deserve the appreciation they will receive it, and for more than just 1 day. Essentially what I'm saying is there is no need for a day for this, because if they really deserve it then they will receive the appreciation everyday. Even little things are benefits of being nice to the community while staff, for example you won't have hate, you won't have people out to get you demoted, etc. Being friendly with players and treating them right gets you respected by the players and they will appreciate you. Touching up on the beginning again, none of these activities seem to make people appreciate staff, and even if they could think of some things that would make people appreciate staff (for example, messaging a staff member a nice message), it'd still be used as some just to get a reward. I'd say a better idea is a day where staff members get to choose a few members of their liking who they feel are a positive influence in the community or players who show respect and appreciation to staff, and those players who staff selected themselves get a reward. This would encourage constant respect and appreciation, unlike a 1 day event, and would also stop people from using it for rewards. Also as mentioned, if it were the events that you listed, some are very easily abused by alts.
    Simply logging onto 10 accounts (as that's the max allowed) wouldn't take long at all, and 10k tokens total is a lot for such little work. The events definitely need changed and the rewards need nerfed a good bit. Also, this is something the community could organize if this does get denied, so if it does, you can still maybe PM some people on the forums, discord, etc and try to get your friends / the community involved in your idea :) To sum it up, this could be easily abused in many ways and is WAY too OP. Staff who deserve appreciation will always receive it, no matter what the day is, so there is no need for a special event to appreciate staff. However, like said, you can still organize your own group to have a staff appreciation day with if this is denied. Also as stated in previous replies, this could cause spam on some servers, as players flood in to claim their prize. It's always great to feel appreciated, but once this day / week is over, the staff will be back to having the same appreciation they had before. This wouldn't have much of an impact imo on staffs attitudes / work etc. Staff often get appreciation when deserved, whether it's in DMs, a forums post, or on the server through gifts, they are appreciated when they deserve it. If you're a staff member and you feel unappreciated, I recommend getting active within the community and being friendly to everyone, and not being biased. Being biased will lead to major hate of you and many people trying to get you demoted, also being active within the community gives players the chance to know you better and decide if they like you or not for themselves, so if they do hear rumors about you they can make their own decision on if it's really the kind of person you are etc, and overall being active in the community will get you some fans who will appreciate you. Be a fun staff member, don't be a buzz kill, you have to remember this is a minecraft server, most people who play this aren't the most mature and usually are young. Let people have fun. Of course don't let the server go crazy, but let people have fun. It'll show that you can be chill with players and not be one of those staff members who ban you at any opportunity they get. Basically just give yourself a name in the community and let people know you better, if you aren't liked by the majority of the community, try changing how you work / act. The community is the most important thing to any server. If the community turns because of a bad staff team, it usually ends pretty bad. Every staff member should get to know the players better, and the players should know the staff members better. A tight bond between players and staff will lead MH down a better road than it is on, and I feel like with some recent changes with the staff team will open the opportunity for MH to become more active and for a better staff team that is more close to the community. Not hating on any demoted staff, but in my eyes the demotions/resignations open up an opportunity for new, more active, involved players to take over their role in the community. I personally feel like the staff team already is doing much better and becoming more close with regular players and that it's making a more healthy player / staff relationship. But yeah, for staff who feel they are unappreciated, it's more than likely not an issue with the community, but an issue with how you staff/act, and only you can fix it.

#18 DonaldTrumpPlays, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dkoa

Dkoa Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    126d 14h
    Hero Level:
    ProPvper
    I Agree on some parts the concept was more for what i wanted to spread xd ya we will need some reward nerfs and some other things make the challenges harder other stuff, and I agree the staff should be apreciated everday theres gotta be a way to do this without the rewards bein to OP and the challenges bein a lil bit harder and other things so yes I do agree on that type of stuff :) This whole Idea is so the staff get appreciated.

20. miaraculous

miaraculous Well-Known Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    17d 11h
    Hero Level:
    RAINBOW
    i like this idea but I think players would be in just to get rewards and less appreciative

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.