Survival SMP Reset Feedback

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by SZMYT, Feb 13, 2020.

1. SZMYT

SZMYT Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    458d 8h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    SZMYT#9522
    This is a thread with some feedback from what ive heard from people and my personal feedback, and for people to write more feedback in the comments.

First of all, The map has had some changes, mainly things that were already in the network and just got added to survival like minions and pets and lavafishing. I feel like more content was taken away than added.
    Pets, minions are not content they are just features, lavafishing was a good piece of content that was added. People have mixed opinions about the spawners tier system. It should be something that you work towards, like steps on a staircase, but right now its more of a curb which is just in the way of you actually making progress. It only takes like 2 days to get to tier 4 which really isnt that long.

Boss
    the boss is too hard. i get 3 hit with 17 hearts and p4 armour (full bloom). I think it was made this way to make people work in teams of 4/5 players to defeat the boss. But Players on smp are not like that. Players perfer to make factions with 1 or 2 people, not 7/8 like skyblock and not 35 like factions. SMP is mainly people wanting to build, which is why they have small factions. Regen 5 from gapples was removed to make it harder which is fine by me but maybe reduce the bosses damage and increase its durabiliy to its longer to kill not a lot harder.

Spawners
    Spawners are tons more balanced than before. but they are pretty bad in general. grinding cane for 1 hour makes more than 1billion worth of spawners does in 10 hours. either increase all the prices of the drops (so it stays balanced) or decrease the prices of them, or a bit of both. the only reason people buy spawners is so they can put their money into f value. increase the amount of money spawners make wouldnt make it go back to afk simulator.
    bring back the ability to craft spawners, but with one major difference: mobs would now drop shards when killed manually, and these shards can then be used to craft a spawner of the corresponding mob type

Progression

progression is not in a good place right now in my opinion. Spawner tiers is less of a challenge and more of a tedious days of work,
    /ranks is pretty my much pointless for a lot of the players. There are the kits and abilities but they are not worth the price it takes to rank up. Ranks is good, for people that dont have a rank as it gives some perks with out having to buy the ranks. but for players with titan or above its pretty much useless. (which is like 60% of the server, and 30% are alts and the other 10 are players).

No mid/late game content.
    Jobs has been gradually getting more balanced. which is great. But its early game content to earn money and buy spawners (atm).
    lavafishing is basically the same.
    sugarcane doesnt make good money, the only reason it is good is because of the farmer job.
    After you grind cane or fishing for a week or two, you get bored. There is no new content to play apart from spawners, where it becomes just buying and afking them, which is why people usually quit after the month and the server dies.
    Adding more mid/late game content is what you need.
    early game - 10mil an hour max
    mid game - 35-45mil an hour
    late game - 80-90mil an hour
    ^ all manual tasts and not spawners ^
    people dont want to have to grind and still make 10mil an hour 2 months into the map.
    mid game:
    ore blocks, if you make oreblocks make 35-45mil an hour, that would be 1 easy mid game content money maker.
    you could make cane a mid game content too.
    increase the base price of the job so it makes a decent amount at the start. but change the formular of the required exp to level up, so its not as steap,( meaning the earlier levels are not as easy to level up, if you just nerf the amount of exp gained from cane then then the later levels will be impossible to level up.) so it takes longer to level up but it makes a lot more than it does now. its hard to decribe in text but im sure someone knows what i mean xd.
    Late game
    1. add spawners that are primarly for gaining value. (spawners that drop nether starts to craft into becons and place for value is a perfect exmaple)
    2. add more tasts/perks so that you can make more money (80-90mil), you could use ranks and make the later ranks 26+ very expensive so that you could only afford them during the late game, so that people wouldnt be able to rush through all the ranks and make late game money at the start. you could also set a timer for the later ranks to open for purchase. e.g. rank 26 will open 5 weeks after reset. or something like that. and in that rank you could unlock a new perk that gives you 2x money or increase the prices of an item.

well thats all i have for feed back for now.
    put more feed back so that @CullanP and @Wazez are able to read through it and make changes.

#1 SZMYT, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. ymazir

ymazir Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    106d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    ymazir#0676
    for late game content i would like to see something along the lines of more spawners that cost exponentially more then the last like on opsb where there are endermite spawners and even the richest players on the server dont have a lot of them. spawners like ghasts, squid, zombie giants, and maybe even the ender dragon to spice things up. but overall the new update is great but slowly turns more into a afking game as you play more and more.

3. SZMYT

SZMYT Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    458d 8h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    SZMYT#9522
    Adding a new spawner that is just more expensive isnt gonna solve anything. the eco is balanced enough for people to not have to build their way up from zombies or what ever up to endermites or silver fish since they are already the best.

4. SZMYT

SZMYT Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    458d 8h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    SZMYT#9522