Skyblock Skyblock PVP

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FuriousFruit, May 14, 2020.

1. FuriousFruit

FuriousFruit Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    215d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ProPvper
    Discord Tag:
    FuriousFruit#3859
    Disclaimer: Encouraging pvp does NOT make it a pvp orientated gamemode. You can still win without ever stepping into pvp.

TLDR: Supplycrates, KOTH, and Darkzone Castle have terrible rewards. Make the crates have better loot, KOTH crates give decent stuff, and make Darkzone Castle have a 50% sell boost or something.

After finally being unblacklisted after nearly two years, I was so eager to start the new map of Skyblock. Obviously, a LOT has changed since the last time I had played. The newest and hottest addition was the new Darkzone. A warp where PVP is enabled, and you are able to get supply crates, KOTH, and the new Darkzone Castle. Thrilled, I instantly jumped into the Darkzone to try out the new stuff, to test if they were worth risking your life for. The supply crates were decent since it was the beginning of the map, but I could instantly tell that they would be neglected after a week. The rewards are simply not worth it. Fast forward a few hours, KOTH had started. After successfully capturing the KOTH, I was hyped to open the crates I had worked hard for. I got a SLIME SPAWNER. You get the point right? I visited the Darkzone Castle, hoping that the rewards will be worth it. @__PrinceeStarry had told me that it gives you a 10% sell boost. Hoping I could be a useful asset to the team, I ran to the castle and started capping it. It took like 5 minutes, and I had to spend another minute and a half running to the exit. The 10% sell boost barely made a difference.

I understand that Skyblock is not a pvp orientated gamemode. But clearly they intend on encouraging pvp if they've added all the things in Darkzone. While this is great as it encourages activity and not people just afking spawners, it is simply not worth the risk of dying or the time. Supply crates are scattered around the map and take quite a bit of time to find them all, and the rewards suck. The KOTH keys are worse than vote keys. Castle takes way too long to neutralize and capture for just a 10% sell boost. There are so many times where I just don't bother taking it when I know I can 100% take it.

2. DePolar

DePolar Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Ultimate Legend Titan Elite Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    403d 14h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [TOP RANK SB]
    Discord Tag:
    DePolar#6118
    Idea:
    1) Make every minute you are in the castle give you 1 gem
    2) disable pvp in castle
    3) ???
    4) profit

In all seriousness, castle doesn’t have enough of a purpose for players to go and cap it. Also, players without gsets have no chance of taking cap from a top island. Rewards for castle, Koth, and supply crates should definitely be increased.
    +1