Skyblock SkyBlock|OPSkyBlock Features

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by CullanP, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CullanP

CullanP Developer
    Staff Member Developer Admin

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    333d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Villain
    This will hopefully be a place to put new ideas that you as a player think would benefit our network. I'm looking for any ideas and or improvements to any of our existing features, this can range from simple changes to overhauls of anything you think would benefit from a change. I have plenty of my own ideas, however I am interested in what the player base wants updates-wise

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • GG GG x 1
  2. nathanvanderpool

nathanvanderpool Well-Known Member
    Gyra Ultimate Legend Titan

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    332d 8h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Prestige]
    Discord Tag:
    Jakekill1#8244
    Make a ability where you can't see anyone in your screen for all skyblock

This ability is mainly going to be used for lava fishing because the recent map had people disguise themselves as an mob or not to block peoples screen from fishing because they think it’s funny.

Also please disable dropping items in the lava fishing area so people don't get tricked by people throwing paper at their rods.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. babycow773

babycow773 Well-Known Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    147d 12h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    babycow773#5577
    potato

add a like to this if u agree.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. LitTim68

LitTim68 Member
    Elite Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    42d 3h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    I would enjoy a feature where you can put lvl 1 spawners in a chest then use a upgrade staff to upgrade all spawners in the chest.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Coolguyhex

Coolguyhex Active Member
    Zume Manos Supreme Ultimate Legend Titan

Server:
    PvP
    Play Time:
    142d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Trusted
    I miss the old OPSB where you could buy Silverfish for 25M each. Or Can you just lower the prices of Silverfish and emites?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ymazir

ymazir Active Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Legend

Server:
    OPSkyBlock
    Play Time:
    174d 6h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    ymazir#0676
    A removal of some limits in the game such as the money cap and the hopper limit. Without a hopper limit players will easily be able to go beyond the money cap and maybe even set a new money record.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. xXxteddyxXx

xXxteddyxXx Active Member
    Ultimate Legend Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    48d 23h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    I would like a more diverse economy rather than just focusing on spawners like the endermites and silverfish being the main economy as there isn't much work being put into grinding something like that. i propose cactus being a runner up as a way to eco so that people can build large cactus farms just to flex and make more money that way.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SixBullets

SixBullets Member
    Ultimate Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    74d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ? Princess ?
    Discord Tag:
    WannaSpriteCranberry?#3053
    make igs not in shop anymore, dull down the economy to pigs

9. SixBullets

SixBullets Member
    Ultimate Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    74d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ? Princess ?
    Discord Tag:
    WannaSpriteCranberry?#3053
    island level will or bal will convert into gems? like 1 gem equals 1 mill or 1 gem equals 100 island levels

• Like Like x 1
  10. Skreeee

Skreeee Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Supreme Ultimate Legend Elite

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    511d 23h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [TopIsland]
    Discord Tag:
    Skreeee#4140
    I would like the ability to redeem my buycraft credits again =[

11. nathanvanderpool

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    332d 8h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Prestige]
    Discord Tag:
    Jakekill1#8244
    Cactus farms are kinda no longer a thing but you can lava fish for the money for spawners

12. nathanvanderpool

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    332d 8h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Prestige]
    Discord Tag:
    Jakekill1#8244
    You can use cows instead of pigs, then you can get ur self igs but This is only if you are playing sb and sb2

13. Xterminator007

Xterminator007 New Member
    Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    75d 17h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Make catcus farms a thing again. Just setting up a grinder drop seems pretty boring and unrewarding.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. trigzdurr

trigzdurr Member
    Manos Ultimate Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    117d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Skyblock2OG
    Discord Tag:
    trigzdurr#7874
    Hey there, im just a returning player, only just started again recently, so some of my info could be slightly off but ideas never hurt :D I have numbered the ideas so that they're easier to refer to if you want to. Also I am aware that the dev team is limited so the suggestions are hopefully all manageable involving hopefully just changing numbers, or working off of an existing framework.Finally, most of these ideas are what I think would genuinely improve the overall experience, not make things easier.

1. First off, i think that the tax on ASC should be increased dramatically. I love them, i make a ton of money with them and its great. But unfortunately auto-selling all your loot just means that there is no reason for one of the core motivators of player interaction in Skyblock - profit shops. I think that the replacement of profit shops by ASC's certainly boosted our profits, but it also meant that there is little encouragement to exploring other people's islands, or even vistting them at all in my opinion. Secondly, profit shops spread the wealth, the owner made a chunk of money, but the guy just starting also made a sizeable chunk. Heck I used to be a top island and I'd be hopping to all the biggest shops every day to minmax because some of them were so powerful. With ASC's none of this money is shared amongst the server, and it ends up creating ludicrously centralised wealth, which can be discouraging to new players. PS autoblock chests are awesome.

2. Bring back /warp info and basic info at /spawn such as that you can find info at /warp info. I heard that this was removed because many players asked questions which were answered at /warp info. However, you could also easily answer that question by going to /warp info, which would also provide them answers to all other questions. I have only been playing for a week and the amount of times I have to type an answer to either "how do I make a lift" or "how do i make a chest shop" is too damn high. Moreover, players don't actually have a way to discover /is /is settings /is upgrades /c /ab /se /pv1-5 /anvil /fix hand /craft /fly /toggles /is shop /pickaxe.... the list goes on and im sure i dont even know half of them. If you want to contact me, I will even make /warp info for you. It cannot hurt to have more information. Could also generate a periodic message informing that /warp info exists

3. Another idea would be to increase boss events, as its a great time for the server to come and work together, and only benefits people who are not afk. However, costing 5 island points, or having low drop rates, or only spawning once every 6 hours means you'd be lucky to do more than 2 bosses a day. Maybe even create a 4th more common lower tier of boss with a reduced drop table but equal health which you could get from mining (which would encourage mining) so that we can start having people actively farming boss battles

4. It could also be interesting to increase the money reward for killing mobs, or perhaps change the scaling of the Looting enchants, or a looting pet such that players are better rewarded for the grind, in a way that can scale meaningfully later in the map.
    4b. A different version of this could be adding a low drop chance of a note e.g. 5k 10k or 25k (value up to devs to decide whats balanced) note from a mob, maybe with more valuable notes for rarer mobs. This could place it as an alternative to lava fishing, but also just make grinding mobs more beneficial.

5. I also think it would be cool to vastly increase the cost of the more expensive spawners so that we see the return of a more diverse spawner economy with squid, cow, pig, zombie, skeleton, and creeper farms as viable starting and mid-map money makers, creating a bit of a stepping stone before players get to the point that they can afford big IG farms and such.
    5b. Alternatively, whilst counter intuitive it would be interesting to see the sell price of emerald, diamond, and gold blocks knocked down significantly to be competitive with rotten flesh, gunpowder, leather etc, so that people aren't capable of making all their money from the same farm which gives them all their island levels. The idea here is that it would create two categories of spawners A) spawners for money (the lower tier ones which are more cost effective) and B) spawners for island levels (the higher tier, more expensive ones which would in this case produce similar money to a creeper spawner, but would speed up those island levels). This would create a trade off between getting early island levels, or early money from your spawners. It would also reduce the amount of money people make as they'd be typically selling lower value goods, hopefully flattening out the economy a bit so that there isnt such a large divide between the top 2 or 3 players, and the other 300.

6. I have noticed the introduction of the /pickaxe function, which gives me hope that mining might actually be on the comeback. I have mixed feelings about the fact that 3/4 of the progression tracks are farming... for a mining skill tree. However, I feel that this is to encourage a more diverse island perhaps? Some feedback based on what I have seen so far is that im guessing the level ups just relate to collecting more potatoes, cobblestone, pumpkin, and melon. (this might be the case, i haven't bothered levelling it beyond level 2 yet) perhaps you should make this more diverse, E.g. collect minerals, also you could add a kill X amount of a mob track to replace one of the farming tracks. Also, the addition of a 5th track which gives a chance on mining to reward cash. I spoke with a friend and we agree /pickaxe is awesome but by the time someone has levelled it up, they'll almost definitely have more bountiful money makers. Also i dont know how to overcome this, but ranked players will probably just use their supreme/ulti picks at the start and never look back at /pickaxe seeing as you have to start with a plain unbreaking III. Finally what's the deal with the books at the bottom of the /pickaxe UI? Ore Generator and Exp boost link quite nicely with two of the skill stacks, and have sufficient explanation. But what is shard chaser, and what does it scale with (fortune??) and what is Blast (guessing its just burst I) and what does that level with or how do you get it? Maybe this is something that could be explained in /warp info.

7. Lets bring back being a lumberjack :D increase the value of wood. Maybe in the future create a /lumberjack to go alongside /pickaxe. I honestly used to make decent starting bank in the earliest mineheroes SB economies by selling wood for the first couple days, and it was a fun and different grind to farming which has made a comeback in the last couple maps.

8. Could be cool to test a 10% weekly tax on island assets or something to help slow down the inevitable point at which player wealth gets out of hand. However this idea is likely too complex and awkward, especially as many players keep most of their balance /withdrawn.

9. Introduce an interface to split 0/25/50/75/100% of income amongst all team mates for ASC's if thats manageable? Could do this in a menu similar to the hopper filter menu, or through island settings, though the former would be preferable as maybe some ASC's are private.

10. Allow us to harvest fertilised(bonemeal) crops for /challenges and for /pickaxe. Sure it lets us rush a bit more, but heck just increase the price of bones in /shop probably still going to take us a while to harvest seperately thousands of potatoes, pumpkins and melons.If not then maybe let people know fertilised crops don't count. I thought it was bugged and this was just explained to me by a fellow player.

11. Add a static version to accompany /challenges like the old /challenges. Of course a lot of people ignored the old challenge system, but it could start out with small but meaningful cash rewards for submitting your first stack of: Sugar cane, bones, iron, or 2048 stone. Moving to things which give a 1 time reward of 1 island point such as place your first 32 spawners, earn your first 5 million, acquire a beacon, reach XP level 200, kill 5,000 mobs etc. There could even be a tier system to maintain this as a relevant progression system throughout the map alongside challenges. This would reward players who put in that extra grind in the earlier days with just that extra edge. And also let late starters rack up a few island points to catch up a little faster.

12. Reward mineheroes XP for answering the quiz questions. Im guilty of hoarding vote keys for that xp, but why aren't we rewarding people for actually playing? (sure we earn 10 xp every hour or whatever it is).

13. I believe that there used to be a MCMMO skill (smelting?) that improved the chance to smelt doubt ingots from ore or something. Not sure if this still exists, if im making it up, or even if its something you can work with, but perhaps with the introduction of /pickaxe buffing this would encourage people to take mining seriously. If its something you could do, could also make the ulti an ability to smelt items in inventory for X seconds, or not use coal?

14. Controversial but remove spawners which drop /is value blocks from the /shop. Keep them in plat keys, mob spins, vote crates etc. This would make it much more challenging to generate stupid wealth, and bring /is top (especially on opsb) down to more than just afk'ing with thousands of spawners. It would encourage people to make rare block shops, buy spawners from other players etc. Personally, i am more of a fan of just making them all ludicrously expensive.

Why did you disable "/credits pay"? Would be nice to have it back.

#14 trigzdurr, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. SZMYT

SZMYT Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme

Server:
    Play Time:
    486d 9h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    SZMYT#9522

1. ASC are already not that worth it, since they are so expensive in the store and so rare to get from the game (mcshop is the only good way to get them). this wouldnt help the server as a whole, huge farms would still make lots of money but the general eco would be lower. not worth it by making them worse than they already are.

2. Waz said people barely used warp info and its not coming back

3. The rewards have been increased recently and they will probs also change in the future if needed. every 6 hours is fine, but it could be changed to every 4 or 3 if people would want that.

4. Making killing mobs more worth it, is a good idea, but it shouldnt be anywhere near as good as fishing. for obv reasons.
    4b thats dumb way to get more, and its way too much money.

5. Making Cheap spawners earn more than expensive spawners is what breaks the eco on the first week. its literally the dumbest thing ive heard all week. Expensive spawners should be making the money and the cheap spawners have other uses. The devs/admin have figured that out hence why all the useless spawners have been removed from the latest SMP reset.
    5b That should be the other way round. ores should be more expensive (ofc alter the drop rate) so that players should be selling them instead of placing them for value.

6. no comment.

7. firstly it would be /axe and /pickaxe not /lumberjack. also if you want wood to be better just increase the price. its not like you can just fly and find a forrest. people are gonna have too make a farm and heavest the wood, its like every other crop farm. There are also already a few enchants like gust that helps with tree farming no need to waste time on /lumberjack

8. thats a good idea too.Personally i wouldnt do it exactly how you done it but there was a discusion about an "upkeep" cost for value for each island. a 20% of the value in money (probably not a 1:1 ratio, meaning not 1 level for 1 dollars more like 1 level for 1k). which would make people spend money on the island instead of growing in worth.

9. thats not gonna happen. like ever

10. thats just a cheat way of harvesting. you can just wait 10mins. I can also assume this was done to prevent people from just making redstone machines.
    11. Youre basically talking about a battlepass kinda thing. Which is cool. but idk if that will get added anytime soon.

12. not really relavent to the current map.

13. Smelting is a child skill not an actually mcmmo skill (just saying) it levels up the more you mine so its gonna level up anyways. and its good as it is, should be changed.

14. I like that idea, make ore blocks not as good as they are now, increase the level of all the other blocks. waz, babycow and I also discussed this he said it should change for next map.

16. SZMYT

SZMYT Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme

Server:
    Play Time:
    486d 9h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    SZMYT#9522
    Personally I dont really play Skyblock because there isnt enough content in my opinion (buying spawners and placing the block just isnt doing it for me). but ill still suggest.

Well, Making the rare block like beacons and infinity stones etc (basically apart from the ore blocks like emeral) more valuable. And make them more common. Adding them was a good idea but it was wasted because they werent common enough to be a viable source of value. People would prefer to make a grinder and just place the emerald blocks. which they obviously did. So you should ...

maybe remove the ore blocks that spawners drop from (emerald blocks and gold and diamond )
    Increase the value for some blocks
    increase the drops of those blocks in rewards (mobcoin spins etc.)
    increase the amount of spins you are able to do a day. (from 1 to 5 for a player and from 6 to 30 for supreme)- keep the cost per spin at 5k.
    Make Certain infinity stones only obtainable from certain events (exclusive) waz's idea.
    Dont make the rewards be 1 block.
    Make the rewards in 8's (8-16-24-32 etc) for rewards. Because you want things like beacons and sponges and the stones to be how players get their value, buy doing boss and mining and challenges etc. rebalance some of the rewards so that the main rewards are value blocks instead of shtty wands or pig spawners.
    Slow down the progression by adding more things that cost money, and not like 100k. Add Pricing to Is upgrades and other stuff.

Warp XP.
    Remove the signs that enchant your gear for 15k its just too OP. (Players that have p5 no unbreaking gear just go to the warp and spend 60k on a set to get unbreaing 3 instead of actually having to do stuff for it. then they go kill a boss and get a few mil worth of spawners.
    On the other hand, not a big fan of the enchant tables. So Add a command (or add it to ./enchanter) where you are able to purchase a random vanilla book for either a tool or weapon or armour for exp. 3000 exp per book should be fine. and add different percentages to each book so its not as easy to get the unbreaking 3 and fireaspect 2 and p4 ect.

I think that the current kits should also get redone like the latest faction map. Instead of going from vanilla diamond to p5 diamond. Make it so it goes from diamond to p3 but add custom enchants to the armour for each of the different ranks. and the special kits too.
    This would be more work for pvpers and for players that just fight bosses. basically more conent as little as it seems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. nathanvanderpool

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    332d 8h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Prestige]
    Discord Tag:
    Jakekill1#8244
    [​IMG]
    Nobody wants to spend all day making one xterminator007, plus sugar cane is better.
    Grinders have existed for a long time plus very profitable

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Ando0o

Ando0o Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme Ultimate Legend Titan Elite Hero

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    109d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Ando#8245
    More payouts.

Delete sb2 cause its the same as sb1 and make it that there is more payout and for the payout make the is leader chose if he wants bc or pp make the bc more so ppl chose it ty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. trigzdurr

trigzdurr Member
    Manos Ultimate Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    117d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Skyblock2OG
    Discord Tag:
    trigzdurr#7874

Hi there, thanks for the feedback. Just wanted to respond to a couple things.

I have changed the wording of point 5. to make it a bit clearer i hope. The idea is that the cheap spawners earn the same as they always have, but the more expensive spawners would become so cost ineffective (from a profit perspective) that they are used exclusively for placement blocks. This would slow the economy down not speed it up.

With regard to 5B) I understand why you think the inverse trade-off would be better (more money to lose per block placed). But the reality in my opinion is that it would simply play out as more money to gain, to make ludicrously large farms to produce minerals faster than you can place them, whereas the theme of my entire post is about how to slow the economy down, and diversify it.

Regarding all of point 5, i would just prefer the implementation of something like 14 anyway, but i wasn't sure if the devs/waz would revert back to that system.

#19 trigzdurr, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  20. Valgari

Valgari Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Supreme Ultimate Legend Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    131d 3h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    ButterflyBliss#8635
    1. Remove 80% AFK content..
    2. Add a use to the pets ( we have spoken about this).
    3. Encourage players to build more rather than just grind spawners. Make it interesting again !
    4. Add Vertical Ore gens to spawn that are a 6 by 4 that consists of cobble blocks and rare ores on low rates
    5. Make Mcmmo Top a thing to be worth striving for rather not just IS TOP. Players try to max out all abilities but get no reward for doing so..
    6. Give Lava fishing an event i.e a timed event where players have a certain amount of time to get prizes but can only do it once or twice in a certain time period. Give this event a random loot table.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.