Skyblock Skyblock 1 its economy.

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by Vixenly, Nov 8, 2018.

?

Did this ruin the economy?

1. Yes, it did.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. No, it did not

16 vote(s)
    94.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vixenly

Vixenly Helper
    Staff Member Helper Gyra

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    95d 0h
    Hero Level:
    [CHAMPION]
    Hello there,

So, this isn't going to be an extremely long thread, I just want to know your opinions.

Today, on Skyblock 1, we had a mission "Make $1.000.000 from /shop", people who were lucky to achieve this mission were rewarded with a platinum key.
    Skyblock 1 has a pretty well-running economy, you can earn money fairly easily, so, let's say; I have a large farm, I make a lot of money from it when I sell it to the shop, if I were to use my alts for this, they would all be rewarded with a key, correct?
    Platinum keys are worth a lot, approximately 300.000.000. If you would sell all of the keys you had, you'd get hundreds of millions, maybe even billions.
    You would, of course, want to invest that money into a project.
    My island member(s) did this and got a lot of money, and bought Iron Golems Spawners with it, as most of us know, an Iron Golem farm is an easy way to get money, so, we had stacks upon stacks of Iron Golem Spawners, if we were to use all of these, we would make tons of money.
    But, we were not the only ones who did this, others did too.
    Now my question for you guys is: Did this ruin Skyblock 1 its economy...?

Edit: When people use their platinum keys, there's a chance to get Rank Crystals, today, there was someone who has received 3 Titan Rank Crystals so far, seems a bit too overpowered to me.

I'd love to hear your opinions.

Kind regards,
    Vixenly :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Joje145

Joje145 New Member
    Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    15d 6h
    Hero Level:
    [TOP RANK SB]
    Yeah. i noticed it too and i wish that obtaining plat keys is extra hard and maybe only be obtainable by buying cuz skyblock 1 is ruined rn... make the missions harder if plat keys gonna stay...

3. Slayersgod

Slayersgod New Member
    Titan

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    60d 12h
    Hero Level:
    SkyblockOG
    I agree getting plat keys should be harder, but i think this will help bring things like asc, abc...ect closer to affordable for the average player or at very least stall the inflation for a bit and could be good for the economy.

4. Silvercoin

Silvercoin Active Member
    Manos

Server:
    Play Time:
    91d 17h
    Hero Level:
    SurvivalOG
    The platinum key mission is very overpowered, agreed. The frequency to which the mission occurs is fairly rare. From my understanding the mission system has a random pull from a list so getting another platinum mission would be entirely up to the random number generator. I wouldn't say it ruins the economy, rather inflates prices because as you said yourself almost everyone is doing it so it's more of a net increase across the board. If anything the richer players wasting money on lots of platinum keys (I'm one of these people) don't have a great chance of pulling anything crazy. I got a d-egg out of 50 keys so far Which doesn't exactly pay it back. I think it's redistributing the wealth if anything.

5. Joje145

Joje145 New Member
    Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    15d 6h
    Hero Level:
    [TOP RANK SB]
    yeah and it would need only 1 guy with 10 alts to crash the market and cause an early reset on sb1...
    CHANGE THIS!!!

6. ByeBabes

ByeBabes Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    35d 22h
    Hero Level:
    ? King ?
    overpowered but I LIKE IT:)

7. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    126d 2h
    Hero Level:
    Hype
    Now that I know about it I have a bit of work to do thanks for that. But about beeing ruined I would say no. It is not like it creates money out of thin air. It even reduces the amount of money that is made, because alts don't have the 1.5x sell booster perk.
    Those people who buy the keys for 300 mil+ (including my island) don't mind giving that much money away. And if it helps other smaller islands to grow to a point where they can at least buy the ranks for flying without doing nothing for a month straight, this is awsome.

I don't understand why everybody says eco is broken as soon as someone offers money for a service. Growth on this server is
    exponentially as long as you play.
    If you don't want the eco to be broken make cobble gens just give cobble, and spawner cost 10bil+ and every 2 pieces of cobble you mine a silverfish will be in the cobble gen to prevent you from progressing at all. Plants just grow and the one block you are standing on and need sunlight to grow... If it were like that where is the fun about that?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joje145

Joje145 New Member
    Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    15d 6h
    Hero Level:
    [TOP RANK SB]
    but the thing is that when more plat keys are made people buy them for higher cause of the containments of the key and it will higher the price of ex: asc to 2+ bil and more. its critical and it also means no money for the server creator to make more updates because now nobody will buy em...

9. Starrinq_

Starrinq_ Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    484d 22h
    Hero Level:
    Flawless
    I actually forgot that this mission exists. Probably because we never really see it on Skyblock2, which is probably a good thing anyways.

But yeah, I don't think they are going to go back to simpler times where iron golem spawners were rare. So at least what they can do is make the mission need more money. Something like... 10m. Or even 50m. Or something ridiculous like 250m. Although increasing this would make it harder for newer players to make that amount of money for mission. To be honest, with how the economy is on both Skyblock1 and Skyblock2, this may only temporarily fix things.

And to answer your question, the economy is and was already ruined. If players are already making billions every day, compared to newer players who are only making at most 1m a day alone (without selling stuff to others), then that has to say something

10. TBNRMinecraftMan

Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    7d 16h
    Hero Level:
    [TOP RANK SB]
    Personally, I don't think that this ruined the economy. I think that the platinum key can be very helpful for newer players, or players who don't want to spend IRL money on asc, *cough cough me* so this should in the long term give newer players a boost and help those who don't want to "pay to win"

• Like Like x 1
  11. ImCedric

ImCedric Well-Known Member
    Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    25d 6h
    Hero Level:
    [TOP RANK SB]
    I don't think it ruined it but it made it even more overpowered. Don't worry in a week this mess is over and things are back to "normal"... I think these things make the game interesting so I don't think it ruined the economy, it just changed!

Also regarding platinums keys to be overpowered. That's a big no. They aren't overpowered at all. It's not because someone got Lucky and 3 titan ranks that means they are overpowered. I opened over 25 and only good thing I got was a degg. The other stuff was all junk.

#11 ImCedric, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  12. BlahBlah7137

BlahBlah7137 Well-Known Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    67d 21h
    Hero Level:
    ? Prince ?
    um
    An entire island can get easily 150 platkeys if they have alts apparently since they have lotsa spare money
    that makes ~6 deggs and probably a rank crystal or 2

13. ImCedric

Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    25d 6h
    Hero Level:
    [TOP RANK SB]
    the missions for plat key are very rare, have u seen their price in /buy? they expensive af for the odds of getting something decent

14. Vixenly

Vixenly Helper
    Staff Member Helper Gyra

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    95d 0h
    Hero Level:
    [CHAMPION]
    Correct, they're expensive,- so the mission should be harder, not just "Make 1million by selling things to the /shop".

15. babycow773

babycow773 Well-Known Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    46d 21h
    Hero Level:
    Trusted
    wow xD why did i tell u. But seriously, these missions only happen once a decade xD. its usually once every season, the eco is already broken and there is nothing we can do

#15 babycow773, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  16. ImCedric

Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    25d 6h
    Hero Level:
    [TOP RANK SB]
    I agree that the mission should be more difficult!

17. babycow773

babycow773 Well-Known Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    46d 21h
    Hero Level:
    Trusted
    L0l when ecos already broken how can u say its not and that it just broke now l0l. when there are people like fred with 20bil you can insta tell ecos broke. it broke since vkeys went to a high price

18. x0dastar0x

x0dastar0x Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    68d 10h
    Hero Level:
    I SUMMER I
    Your too funny, I like how this thread is created after your “members” abused this. Too funny

19. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    126d 2h
    Hero Level:
    Hype
    I don't get the vkey part. The rewards are really bad for the price they cost now. Only good thing is the plat key, which has a chance of 0,5% that means 1/200. And those plat keys have a low chance of giving something that is still usefull.

The only thing that is broken about the eco right now are the not working hoppers, which cause a loss of way too much money.

20. Vixenly

Vixenly Helper
    Staff Member Helper Gyra

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    95d 0h
    Hero Level:
    [CHAMPION]
    Well,
    Thanks, everyone for responding to this thread.
    I can tell that you guys don't think the economy is ruined, and I bet many others can agree with you.
    So, I'm going to lock this thread.
    Thanks, again!
    Continue being awesome! <3

Locking! ^-^

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Savage Savage x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.