Skyblock Revert Changelog.

Discussion in 'Rejected Suggestions' started by babycow773, Jul 9, 2019.

?

Revert greifing (roll back)

1. Yes

63.6%
  2. no

36.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babycow773

babycow773 Well-Known Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    58d 3h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    babycow773#5577
    i have recently come upon the changelog which basically allows greifing (bans them like it makes a huge difference). I mean why change the rules. I have been on sb1 for several seasons and this is the first ive seen that has had so many greifs its a joke and must be stopped. I have had numerous messages of people who have been greifed about them going on different wifis and attempting to greif others. If your that lazy why would you not listen to the ex-staff about what they had to say. this server is gonna die out very fast because of this changelog and hope it will be reverted back to its normal state. I think we all would rather get out shiz back. What if for instance someone spends 200$ on auto sell chests but is then greifed the following day? in those circumstances what would u do instead of greif others to express ur anger. I mean the amount of braincells i lost reading the changelog is double the amount of staff that left. I understand its helping the devs which is great since cullan is good at his job but ur just ruining the game overall. Hire new staff revert changes and i think everyone will be happy.
    There is a small poll for yall to vote on but i seriously think this is the dumbest shiz ive ever seen in the history of mineheroes.
    If you want to express your opinion go ahead and leave a comment.
    All from me folks

#1 babycow773, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    • Savage Savage x 1
  2. babycow773

Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    58d 3h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    babycow773#5577
    thread is also for survival*

3. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    293d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    Discord Tag:
    Hokaras#9730
    The punishments haven't changed. They only removed the roll back system. I don't see more complains about griefing in chat than before the change. Those players that spend 200$ on Asc or anything on the server should learn to use private signs and only coop/invite people to their island if they are trustworthy.

I planed to move my scane farms away from my main island even before this change was announcend for two reasons.
    1. Its just ugly to have those huge chunks of dirt on your island.
    2. You have to really take care of your "helpers" because skyblock has no permission system. Its either everything or nothing. I would like to dedicate areas on my island to certain tasks or make certain blocks breakable. This would allow public cobble gens like we had 3 seasons or so at spawn.
    The whole rollback system can't work with the current staff team. First they have to see the ticket and check the case. Then they have to decide if that has been a grief or not. The current response time for a ticket is at least 24 hours, at that point most people have already fixed parts of the griefed area, because they need it.
    For example if my iron golem farm gets griefed and I loose lets say 1 stack of hopper due to that. I can't say ok lets wait for the roll back, because I would loose to much money in the meantime. Because I fixed my farm to not loose money until my ticket is responded to I certainly don't want a roll back anymore. So how what should now happen? There are 3 options
    1. They roll back the area anyway and I loose what I used to patch up the farm
    2. They look how many blocks got taken and give them to me in some way
    3. They don't do anything anymore
    Option 1 would annoy most players for obvious reasons.
    Option 2 would generate items which harms the eco. My example uses a stack of hoppers which is only a few millions but if the same would happen with 1 stacks of igs it would become 1 billion, which would inflate the eco heavily.
    Option 3 would mean that you have paid a high price for a lesson, which encourages thinking from the player.

I like option 3 the most which is now also the only option.

I agree that the current system is flawed, but not because there are no roll backs. It's flawed because we have very little control over our islands, which makes it hard to protect ourselfes.

4. babycow773

Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    58d 3h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    babycow773#5577
    when u said private signs u do know if that player is with another player and they arent on for 15 days for an odd reason such as holiday their privates get removed? so there is no guarantee. I mean the clearly specify not to fix it (they dont get involved anymore) also i mean them not getting involved anymore which is causing multiple players to get greifed. You cant trust no one anymore. If they arent gonna do anything about it what is the point of playing. why dont we just start hacking i mean 20 auto sell chests gone right after uve had ur vacation and you wont get refunded which is also annoying. They removed staff applications so why cant they handle this. i mean by removing that they are showing they can handle it but clearly they cant handle it now. Just ask the chat ingame i doubt they want to keep it the same.

#4 babycow773, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  5. Wito

Wito Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    209d 6h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    ? GOD CHURCH ?
    cry-me-a-river.jpg

6. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    705d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    RAINBOW
    I can understand why everyone would be concerned about rollbacks no longer being a thing for players. However, when you start to dig a little deeper behind this meaning, you'll probably understand why this was put in place.

It's not that the staff are lazy. In fact SilverSkying is fine with having to deal with griefs whenever she has the time to. However, players in the past have taken advantage of the roll back system staff use to restore griefs. I can't go into specifics but this ultimately led to items being "duped" and/or "abused" into the server. It's not that hard to put up a convincing argument to the staff member(s) to rollback a "griefed" area on your island, and it's also not that hard to fake if you have the right people helping you.

Regardless of what you try to do or say to make this system better and less exploitable, you face another issue: the anti grief plugin. Most, if not all, anti grief plugins out there just don't work well when it comes to unique items such as auto sell chests, auto block chests, and anything that pretty much gives the vanilla item a unique function. If you were to be griefed of let's say a harvester chest (because this is pretty common nowadays), the anti grief plugin won't know if a harvester chest was actually placed or not due to the plugin using vanilla block/item IDs instead of the server IDs (server block/item IDs are obtained with /iteminfo). So how would staff know if a harvester chest was actually placed there? And how would they know what level the chest really was? As mentioned before its easy to fake a set up like this, especially when the sugar cane breaks there's no block logs to prove it if the server removes it 3min after the harvester chest breaks. So in short, even with the rollback system, it won't fix issues such as this, which can result in staff having to "abuse" certain items in just to refund those who were griefed. Compatibility COULD be added for this, if that's even possible. Though I can imagine it taking up too much time to do and perfect since you have to go through the original code of the plugin.

I don't agree with rollbacks no longer being a thing for peaceful servers. However I could understand why it was done. Yes players will get upset at it. Yes players may end up quitting the server. Yes more griefs will happen with nothing more done but a ban to the griefer. Though hopefully in the future we can be have more tools at hand when it comes to dealing with griefs in general, as suggested in the reset changelog

7. babycow773

Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    58d 3h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    babycow773#5577
  8. Wito

Wito Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    209d 6h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    ? GOD CHURCH ?
    For many reasons it never happened in the past and will never happens in the future.

Greifed players are clowns who can't set permssions proprely or just give trust to easily to random ppl.

9. nathanvanderpool

nathanvanderpool Well-Known Member
    Titan

Server:
    OPSkyBlock
    Play Time:
    95d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Wife
    Discord Tag:
    Jakekill1#8244
    Skyblock players are still the dumbest players in the server lol

10. Mega_Builder111

Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    264d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    I SUMMER I
  11. Madmant64

Madmant64 Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    3d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Greifing sucks man, but its true you need to expect it and you should give people the proper permissions if you don't trust them

12. babycow773

Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    58d 3h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    babycow773#5577
    i mean ur quite dumb ur self. Werent u that scammer who got repeatedly swore at and barely anyone likes u. jw

13. CullanP

CullanP Developer
    Staff Member Developer

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    243d 10h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    #BlameDevs
    Thank you for submitting a suggestion thread.
    We've looked at your idea and have decided to not implement it into our network.

This can be due to any of the following reasons:
    - The suggestion may be seen as unnecessary
    - The suggestion is too generic
    - The suggestion may not be agreed/supported by the majority of the community
    - The suggestion may cause an unbalance in the current network

Feel free to post more suggestions at www.mineheroes.net/forums/suggest

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.