Global Remove staffs permission to view IP's

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by John____, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John____

John____ Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    0d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Hello,

I suggest and demand that no rank below owner is allowed to view the IP address of a player or staff member. Staff should be allowed to view accounts associated to our ip, warnings, bans, kicks, mutes and all of that associated to our IP. But NOT our actual IP address. Why? Because kids like @NotReady who was an admin literally days ago, is now threatening players as I am writing this with ddos, dox and swat threats. If someone who makes it to an administrator position is capable of this, then why the hell is staff allowed to view our player IP's? @Afor7zom doesn't feel safe playing on the server anymore and neither do I. No one should feel safe playing on MineHeroes under their real ip address, not as long as staff members can view our IP addresses. Agree down below if the ability to view players IP addresses should be revoked from staff members!(Edit: Any IP mutes, bans and warnings can be handed out with usernames. )

By the way here is COMPLETE evidence of NotReady ddox, ddos and swat threatening @Afor7zom in the past half hour. (It is an IMGUR image album, so click the link to go view it)

https://imgur.com/a/nDdM90G

NOTE: I have blurred out the links to @Afor7zom 's facebook and instagram. He deserves his privacy and this should not have happened to him. I can provide the original screenshots to @Wazez with @Afor7zom 's permission.

#1 John____, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  2. 73b

73b Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Legend Elite Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    0d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    I don't feel safe. Please fix this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kristykim

Kristykim Well-Known Member
    Zume Manos Ultimate Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    0d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    There are other ways to grab someone’s ip especially if you’re not on a vpn. When Brady was demoted I’m sure all his perms were taken away when he was blacklisted from all his servers and platforms no? Being a staff member to grab people’s ips isn’t the problem since there are people who log on alts which need to be dealt with. It all comes down to trust and if you can’t trust an admin with ips what can you trust them with

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Hipsterrrrr

Hipsterrrrr Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Titan Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    0d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Rosie#2222
    Well admins usuallly have to sign something called an NDA. Leaf ally making them unable to share personal documents of player. Helpers aren’t allowed to view any iOS because their low rank. IPs are viewed to ip ban a person who keeps joking the server when banned. Knowing Brady, he didn’t use any server based controls to find your ip in this situation. He does know how to find these things on his own. Just by typing in chat he can trace your ip. He cannot memorize the ip off MH because he cannot join. Being blacklist and banned on forums. Higher ranking staff are given permissions to view personal info on players, but because of someone’s immature actions that ultimately don’t have anything to do with the server, people like kron should not be taken that ability.
    I disagree because Brady has the ability to do these things without the servers tools.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. John____

John____ Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    0d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Nothing you say changes the fact that he has attacked @Afor7zom and exposed his identity online. What he did is illegal.

Nothing you say changes the fact that he has attacked @Afor7zom and exposed his identity online. What he did is illegal.

6. Kristykim

Kristykim Well-Known Member
    Zume Manos Ultimate Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    0d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked

At least have the audacity to put correct information instead of spreading false assumptions that you made on your own. More than half of your paragraph is incorrect and the fact that it didn’t even happen directly to you it seems like a forum post to bash another player.

As you can see in the picture if you type his ign his Instagram will pop up. This is because afor put his ign in his bio.

Attached Files:

#6 Kristykim, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dinxxy

Dinxxy Member
    Manos Ultimate Legend Titan Elite

Server:
    Play Time:
    0d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Rightio lets go.

1. Why post it here, publicly and permanently. The fact that you have confirmed that this is in fact his dox has made the whole situation worse. This would have been done much better in a private report.
    2. As Kristy just posted, googling his username provides his Instagram with his full name anyway.
    3. This has already occurred to a degree, staff used to be able to view IPs and then it was restricted to admin+. And considering no server owner in their right mind is going to give someone a role such as admin without complete and utter trust, this wouldn't be an issue. You can't use one bad egg to conclude the entire carton is bad.

In all, the entire post was immature and useless. I suggest you move to get it deleted as you are just diminishing the reputation of the staff team and spreading the Afor's dox which is kind of ironic.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.