Skyblock Public Iron Farm Concept

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by _StarrySkies, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Want to make a good iron public farm? So players can come by and pick up free iron whenever they like for money? Do you still want to get a bit of iron yourself from that same farm? Well this design I made on Skyblock2 will prove to you that it is indeed possible!

So the other day, I was disappointed to find out that not a lot of people use my iron farm on Skyblock2 despite the farm having 100+ spawners and the farm itself being afked almost all the time. Lot's of iron going to waste in which I have to come and sell it all myself. So I began thinking of ways so players can grab iron whenever they want and at the same time, when they aren't around grabbing iron, I'll still make a lot of money from the farm itself. That's where this comes in

If you want to use the farm for yourself, you can go to /is warp _starryskies on Skyblock2. If you want, you can turn the iron ingots you get into iron blocks and make even more money than just selling iron to the shop!

How does it work?

The idea was pretty simple, but the design wasn't. Especially trying to compact it down in a little area (which I somewhat managed to do). Whenever you sell cobblestone to the chest shop there, the cobblestone will flow into a dropper and get dispensed into lava. We use a redstone item filter so that only cobblestone goes through and not the other items in the chest as shown in the video. This is to prevent people from selling mass stacks of cobblestone and pretty much having all the iron flow to the area where people grab it from.

Once you've sold cobblestone (which you can get from /shop btw for very cheap. Or just mine it) to the chest shop, a redstone signal will be emitted to the pistons which controls the flow of the water that holds the iron. That redstone signal will lasts longer the more cobblestone that has to go through the item filter. We use pistons to push the blocks in the water stream in order to control where the iron flows, which allows this whole system to work! If you want a tutorial on this, feel free to let me know (though I may get lazy. This was just a proof of concept)

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Epic_Fantasy

Epic_Fantasy Well-Known Member
    Zume

Nice video might I say RIP the lag you get looks unbearable

3. _StarrySkies

Zume

You get use to it after a while. Though thats what I get for having 200+ iron golems in the farm and 500 hoppers just right under it to collect the iron when no one else collects it

4. Cuits

Cuits Member
    Zume

I just loved this concept! Please make an tutorial <3

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cqrbon

Cqrbon Well-Known Member
    Gyra Ultimate

Wow @_StarrySkies, that is an awesome idea! I love seeing people come up with new, interesting ways to build useful machines/grinders/building in skyblock. Thanks for sharing! <3

6. Sircled

Sircled Well-Known Member
    Manos

All I have to say is +1, this is a perfect idea for skyblock players in my factions opinion.

7. Spixe50000

Spixe50000 Member
    Elite

I was just in your farm like 2 days ago and it didn't work for some reason but you were afk

8. _StarrySkies

Zume

My alt that afks the spawners probably wasnt on at the time

9. Monsy_

Monsy_ Helper
    Staff Member Helper Zume

Excellent concept and great use to the community, glad to meet you in the reset.

10. Canadas

Canadas Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Zume

I dont know how to redstone but that looks pretty cool and complex. Nice work!

11. DU100

DU100 Member
    Titan

Anyone has the decision to make a public iron farm if they want to but it is entirely up to them. I also think if people wanted to make it they would have to spend a lot of time to make the system to give to them.

12. BasicallyLouis

BasicallyLouis Sr. Moderator
    Staff Member Sr. Moderator Supreme

This thread has been inactive for 30 days, to avoid necroposting in the future it will be locked and archived.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.