Factions Proving how the Factions Community is the most toxic and dangerous community.

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by BuyCraftVoucher, Mar 14, 2019.

1. BuyCraftVoucher

BuyCraftVoucher Well-Known Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    23d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    For The Vine
    Now ive been playing Factions since 2014. Been in numerous servers, about 50 factions, played competitive factions in 2018 (Cringe i know). But over the years I realized just how toxic and fu***** dangerous Factions is actually. You see in 2014 there was no FTop, No toxicity, cannons werent the same but now in 2019 you got Cannons that can split your base in under 1 minute and 30 seconds. Not only that but in 2014 you had to HAND BUILD your cannons. 255 cannons could take HOURS and you wouldnt know if it worked or not. Now you can make a OBBY Box, a cannon, and split a base in under 10 minutes. Gen buckets make bases so easy to make. Now this doesnt prove anything about how toxic the factions community is but its just shows you how much of a difference it is. Now on to how toxic Factions is (Not ust mineheroes). When I started comp faction playing I thought it was gonna be fun playing for paypal but the more i digged in the more I realized just how scary it was. People get their IPs leaked every single comp map. I know atlesat 6 maps that I played had their databases leaked. What does that cause you may ask? hundreads of thousands (maybe millions) of IPs stolen. It can even yes EVEN include account details so you can kiss your account bye bye. Now thats just the SMALLEST of the toxicity of Factions. Theres alot of swatting, dossing, server scams and staff abuse. Its just devasting the fact that you can be enjoying a simple game and get your Address leaked, account details, dox info and everything over a simple game. In my honest opinion Factions is the MOST Toxic Community there is yes its worse than League, CSGO you name it. Now in 2019 if you kill someone they will doss you. And if im gonna be honest ive never dossed before because its just plain and dumb. Your taking someone's internet out for what reason? Not only its illegal but its easily traceable and you can be sent to jail.Now were gonna talk about SWATTING. Swatting is pretty much you telling a SWAT team to go to your house because you have bombs or something. And yes this happens WAY more than you think and even actually happened to my friend (Danny <3). Not only was his IP leaked, face, address, he has been Swatted. His life was ruined pretty much and hes not the only one. There are stories of people being killed just over a joke. Let that sink in. Your playing minecraft and you die. You get their IP and send a SWAT team. Lets say if they kill them. You will be traced, your life will be ruined, his life would be ruined and so would the cops over killing someone in MINECRAFT. This message goes to people who never played comp factions. Trust me this happens SO MUCH. Ive been dossed, doxxed and so much more and trust me you never want to play random servers with weak secruity. Doxxing is a **** move. Now there is toxicity in EVERY community. Now next time you kill someone just please. Do everyone a favor and help the Community. Dont say "L fgt piece of sh** YOUR TRASH LOL" Just saying a simple "gf" "gg close fight" will honestly improve yourself as a person and the community. Factions is dead/dying only because of the community toxicity. Think about it if you say "gg" your not hurting anyone and your infact improving the server. Please and I mean really dont doss dont dox dont swat itll ruin your life oneday. Its a videogame like why does this have to happen? Just chill you dont need to dox or doss it just chill lmao. If I can make one person. Just one person say "gf nice fight" instead of an "L LOL YOUR TRASH". Just not being toxic will improve the community (This doesnt go to just Mineheroes). Factions WILL die quickly if no one improves their act. If i see someone say "ez" to me as a joke thats fine but when your actually being toxic your just being a immature. Were all 1 community, even enemies were all in this together. We shouldnt be hitting people off just to get a god set or raid someone. You dont have to hit people off and really itll just ruin your reputation. Now i just want 1 promise. I want 1 fight 1 gf I dont wanna see any of this "LOL YOUR ASS GET RAPED" in a fight. Im going to be doing my part and I hope youll do yours ;).

Honestly I dont really know why I had to go this far but i just wanted to explain my personal Factions expierence after playing 4 years. Thank you for reading and dont be toxic <3

P.S Sorry if i confused some people because my English isnt 10/10 :)

~BuyCraftVoucher

2. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    603d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Flawless
    Everything you said here is completely right, and in fact, it's the reason why I stopped playing Factions and moved on to Skyblock. Whenever I do go on Factions it's really to have a bit of fun and stay out the competition zone.

Honestly it's heart breaking to see players get threatened outside of Minecraft over something that happens inside the game. This is the case with some other competitive games as well (in fact I listened to a story about how someone got ddosed on GTA V online because he was killing some players who were harassing him). Worse part about all this is that the player can't do anything about it. Change your IP works, but this tends to cost money (unless your router uses a dynamic IP which you can just unplug it then plug it back in after like 5 minutes). Not only that, but once your personal information is out there, it pretty much stays out there lurking in the shadows, waiting for more hackers to come and ruin your life more.

Factions was better off without Paypal rewards to begin with. And I'm not just talking on MineHeroes, but any other Factions server who's generous enough to take some cash out of their wallets and put it towards rewards to a really competitive game mode. Server owners are sometimes oblivious to the players who take advantage of this. Now that we are talking with REAL LIFE money, players will either go out there way to find loopholes or exploits within the game or rules, or simply take out their competition by trying to take players off the internet for good. To whoever finds this kind of behavior appropriate, then you are simply cheating your way through not only the server, but in life as well.

Sorry for typing a lot here, but I've personally been through this before a couple years ago. However, there was no FTOP rewards back then when I played, but I was one of the most dominant Factions players on that server (not MineHeroes). I was forced to give more than half of my stuff I worked hard for on that server to the person responsible, and they ended up leaving me alone. However even to this day I still fear to this day that the info leaked then will come back later to haunt me.

If anyone wants to play Factions, think twice about it. It's a game mode where dangerous hackers can lurk. My advice to those who decide to take the risk is to be careful who you trust. Use a VPN and it will certainly make it harder for players to track you down and leak your information.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BuyCraftVoucher

BuyCraftVoucher Well-Known Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    23d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    For The Vine
    I honestly agree 100% of everything. Not only that but to the Faction Servers that pay "5000k Ftop Prize" barely isnt even that much money when you really do that math. The highest Earning "Competitive Faction" belongs to Karma. They made over 35k USD in 2018. That may sound like an INSANE amount of money but let me tell you something. You have to split this with a 100 man faction, you have to buy stuff for servers, buy bots etc. All that and splitting the cash makes you a WHOPPING 1-2k a YEAR. Thats not even a 6th of a MINIMUM Wage Job. Your pretty much doing all this when you can legit work at mcdonalds or a resturant as waitor and make all that in a few weeks. I miss old factions where there was no FTop Prize, and infact there is more comp on servers without ftop prize back in the day (On Gontroller) (Not saying server name because the server isnt up anymore). On that server there were over 15+ REALLY Good Factions that in todays day would be able to legitment Ra** everyone in the game.

OG > NewGens is all i gotta say

4. LandPayments

LandPayments Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    56d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [TopFaction]
    If you simply avoid toxicity and just play normally, none of this will happen lmao. If someone starts being toxic to u, don't be toxic back, simply ignore them or tell them to chill out. I have been toxic b4 but we won't go there k. If you don't want to be doxxed or your ip to get stolen, don't get on the bad side with people, be chill with them.

5. LandPayments

LandPayments Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    56d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [TopFaction]
    A lot of people in top facs that are eligible for jobs have them. Just pointing that out :/

6. GamerG16

GamerG16 Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    139d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    #PayPal On Top

Also, yes very toxic some times, but I try to not be toxic most times <3

But Factions is Factions :p:p:p

Also, Love you buycraft :D (no homo)

7. GamerG16

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    139d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Its not always just tell them to chill or not be toxic at all.
    Like me, what you have said it doesn't really matter lol. If they know how to do the certain things you say, they will do it no matter what. Trust me from experiences. :(

8. babycow773

babycow773 Well-Known Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    47d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    i hate factions because of the toxicity. i come onto skyblock now and those same people who were toxic carry on, on the skyblock chat. they start swearing and dont care. Also its most of the pvpers who are toxic.

9. GamerG16

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    139d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    eh, pvping. Pvpers they act toxic cause they think they are so good at the game lol. like i'm good at pvp im over average for pvp skills as a factions member but i am not at all toxic tho, but sometimes, just sometimes if they push some buttons ill say some stuff :oops::eek:

10. Xanres

Xanres Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    211d 19h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ? Valentines ?
    Factions is factions and when it comes to ddosing, staff tried to get rid of it on MH but it didn’t happen... There is no staff team anymore to take care of this and in my opinion the staff team barely did anything back when they had staff. I haven’t been in a fac that ddosed before if I find out they do I leave it’s patheteic to do. The rest idk much about, hasn’t happened a lot on MH tbh except for as mentioned above, ddosing (also doxes have happened).

In all honesty, whoever does it on facs their faction should be immediately disbanded, that way you’ll prevent the bigger factions from doing it because they don’t wanna lose their value (most likely).

11. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    603d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Flawless
    While I agree to a faction disband to players who ddos and/or dox other players, at the same time it'll be almost impossible to get sufficient proof for it. Faction players will easily find ways to do this "in the shadows" and make it impossible for staff to investigate (as if players don't already do this secretly).

Even if you somehow manage to get them disbanded, they will simply come back on alts and VPN's. And even if you do everything in your power to keep those players off the server, they'll continue to boot the target off the server and stuff so they can ruin their experience too. So yeah it makes sense as to why staff cannot fix the issue entirely

12. iDying

iDying Active Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    51d 11h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    DankMeme
    The thing is, a lot of PvPers have a VERY over-inflated ego, also you really can never escape the toxicity, but you have to stay strong and NOT let them get to you, they might not care about what they say, but know, It will always come back to haunt them. (At least SkyBlock isn't as toxic as Factions, try and make some friends so it's better if they try to target you.) I think we all wan't to fix this issue, but that would be a major group effort, and it definitely would not be easy.