Factions Playing With Blacklisted Players

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by Roareeh, Feb 11, 2019 at 12:42 AM.

?

Add Faction Warnings/Punishments

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roareeh

Roareeh Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    43d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Trying this again as last time it got trashed to hell by salty raidpal kids and staff had to close.
    If you don’t want to contribute to the discussion by provide honest and logical feedback please just don’t comment at all.

Factions who play or associate with blacklisted players should be disbanded (or at least punished in some way). Ideally, there would also be some sort of faction warning system, so factions who repeatedly break rules can be punished according (e.g. of a player in your fac gets caught hacking it is 1 faction point, with 5 leading to a disband etc)

Honestly just want opinions on this from factions players, there is a reason why all good factions servers have this implemented and I can see no reason as to why it is not a thing on mh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    202d 15h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Something like that happend on skyblock. 1 Island took in a player twice that has been banned on the server. The first time this player just got removed from the island and they got a warning to not invite him to the island again. The 2nd time they did it they all got a 1 day ban.

Islands on skyblock are way smaller of course so 4 warnings before you get disbanded sounds fair to me.

3. ButterflyBliss

ButterflyBliss Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Zume

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    115d 15h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Any Replies to this thread that break the forums rules will be removed and the responder warned.
    Please do not cause drama when replying as this is a suggestion that only requires Constructive and non biased replies.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Lushfuul

Lushfuul Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Factions
    Play Time:
    152d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [WeeWoo]
    Discord Tag:
    Lush#5162
    I 100% agree. Not only is evading a black list and getting away with it unfair to players it is a huge inconvenience to staff members. The time it takes to collect evidence against people in order to have enough proof to keep them banned is very time consuming and without an actual consequence they'll just continue to evade the blacklist.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OnlyMinmpaf

OnlyMinmpaf Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    34d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Christmas2018
    I agree because if like 5 people are hacking there is like no way a member dose not know about it. But if 1 member is hacking then people might not notice. This needs to be added the game because some factions are filled with hackers and you cannot get around them. I 100% agree with this.

6. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    568d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Flawless
    I don't know why this isn't already a thing. If a Faction is playing with a currently blacklisted player and they all know, the whole faction is encouraging the behavior of evading punishments (this is responding to someone's point on the last thread you made). Therefore this is a reasonable punishment for the entire Faction.

Of course, the staff member is going to need sufficient proof before the faction is disbanded. Something like this could be added for Skyblock too (for players going for is top), but at the moment, since PayPal is involved with factions, it's more important to have this added for Factions

And honestly, someone like wazez needs to see this thread like ASAP, not wait until there's a reset in like a week or less to see this. Who knows if there's currently a blacklisted player right now evading their ban playing in an FTOP faction (not calling anyone out)

7. HydroxTarget

HydroxTarget Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    84d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Turmoil]
    Could this not be turned into a tool to disband peoples factions? Sure, you guys clearly have a concrete group of players in your faction, but how are new players supposed to play organically when all it takes is getting a blacklisted alt into someone’s faction to get them disbanded? It seems a bit extreme and capable of causing chaos. I think the very same players who are evading blacklists would be the players attempting to smuggle blacklisted alts into factions in an attempt to disband them.

The whole argument of, “only disband a faction if the players in the faction know they are evading” is far too subjective. Are staff supposed to take a census of 25-man factions to figure out how many players were aware the player was blacklisted? Does that even matter?

I do see how players evading punishments and continuing to play is an issue, especially with PayPal at stake - I’m just saying disbanding entire factions may be a tad too far, as it gives way to a malicious method of disbanding factions.

#7 HydroxTarget, Feb 11, 2019 at 10:04 AM
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 10:37 AM
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    568d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Flawless
    As he said there can be a faction warning system (similar to that of factions who go over the 20 chunk buffer limit on their base). So if it does happen they won't be immediately disbanded but the faction will be given the chance to kick the blacklisted alt/account. Good factions would actually know how to follow the rules, not encourage their members to break it in some way or form. Also getting your faction disbanded is a pretty lenient punishment, considering they could just delete your base(s) entirely and make you lose all your value

It's not like players can use this as a "tool" to get other factions disbanded. Blacklisted players would most likely join the bigger factions, which are usually more experienced. This means that if one of those "big" factions decides to invite someone, it most likely means that the faction inviting them knows them in some way. Even if the faction isn't big, they would want to know who they are even inviting. Think about it like this. Why should you invite some random person you never met or talked to before to your faction that's currently striving? If the faction is smart, they'd actually report the player and/or kick them from faction, not have them sticking around on the server

9. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    202d 15h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    There is a rule in place for that.

#15: Insiding is strictly prohibited (Doing anything malicious towards your own faction for your personal gain or another factions gain, Faction leaders abusing f perms included) doing so will result in at least a 2 week ban (Depending on the severity and time of the inside E.g: Near the end of the map a perm ban may be given out)

That means if you have a black listed alt account and join another faction to grief them this way it could end up with a ip ban for the black listed alt + a punishment for his main faction.

10. Roareeh

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    43d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    I understand where your coming from, but I’m talking more about the situations where faction leaders / co-leaders are the ones evading. The issue I am trying to fix is the super toxic factions culture that is become much more common on mineheroes. Factions ddosing and doxxing, leaders getting blacklisted and then just logging back on and continuing to do the same thing.

11. DeBlackBoiLivs

DeBlackBoiLivs Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Factions
    Play Time:
    121d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    So ur saying that talked with Blacklisted people Should have their faction disbanded kind a dumb idea to have
    and Its kinda stupid most of the faction economy that at lest 65% focus on us.
    Its a block game clam down people

12. Roareeh

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    43d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    I honestly have no idea what your trying to say, but it seems that your just saying it’s dumb with no reasoning, then something about the economy (not sure what). Try rewording.

13. Krafts

Krafts Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    184d 15h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Batman
    So a full faction will be getting a warn for 1 persons actions? nah bro i don't agree at all!

14. Lushfuul

Zume

Server:
    Factions
    Play Time:
    152d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [WeeWoo]
    Discord Tag:
    Lush#5162
    The point of this suggestion is to discourage players from evading blacklists. Without a rule like this in place players who were blacklisted for punishments such as Ghost Clients, Ddosing, Doxxing etc. If this rule were to be implemented it would have to be carried out by Senior Staff members - Not regular staff members (Mods/Helpers) as it is such a serious punishment.

Roareeh also mentioned:
    • That there should be a warning system so that factions DO NOT get unfairly disbanded.
    • Factions would ONLY be disbanded if the players of the faction knew of that player ban evading.
    For example, if I had a faction and one of my co owners were banned for DDosing or Doxing another player and my faction were knowledgeable of the banned member and were assisting the banned member play on the network again on an alt, the whole faction would receive a warning telling them to remove that player from the faction or they would be disbanded. I assume they would be giving 1-3 days to remove the player before a second warning was issued and a percentage of their worth was removed. By the 3rd warning the faction would be disbanded.

It isn't a hard concept to understand and would apply everyone.

If a blacklisted player were playing in a faction without the knowledge of the faction I assume staff would just ban the player not punish the whole faction. This is for cases when the faction is aware and assisting the blacklisted player - making it more difficult for staff to deal with and overall making factions unfair. The point of a blacklist is to remove that player permanently from the network because their actions were so severe.

Again - Factions would ONLY be disbanded if the players of the faction knew of that player ban evading.

That thread was closed due to certain people causing drama. Roareeh stated at the start of this thread:
    If you don’t want to contribute to the discussion by provide honest and logical feedback please just don’t comment at all.
    So, if you don't have anything to constructive to add to this suggestion please leave it be.

Again - Factions would ONLY be disbanded if the players of the faction knew of that player ban evading.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Codds2

Codds2 Moderator

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    188d 22h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [CHAMPION]
    First of all i'm going to say, Do not post toxic comments on threads. If you do post toxic comments they will be dealt with. with that over i would like to say that i agree with the suggestion post, there should be something done to players who associate with blacklisted players once they are blacklisted.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Roareeh

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    43d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    If you read the start of the thread you would know, @ButterflyBliss please remove this trashing

#1 your admitting to having players blacklist evading
    #2 You provided not logic or reasoning, and are simply trying to incite drama and trash the thread
    @ButterflyBliss please remove

So what do you propose then? There obviously needs to be a system in place to prevent what is happening now.

17. Krafts

Krafts Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    184d 15h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Batman
    1. Any faction could act like they don't know! I don't know any ban evaders and if I did I would definitely report them!
    2. Just get them banned dude! Mineheroes has great staff member just report them! duh

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. Lushfuul

Zume

Server:
    Factions
    Play Time:
    152d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [WeeWoo]
    Discord Tag:
    Lush#5162
    Yes anyone could pretend like they do not know them, however, this would be why there would be a faction warning system.
    - First warning Told to remove the Member.
    - Second warning % of their worth removed.
    - Third warning Disbanded

This way if the faction were to cooperate within the first few days there would be NO consequence for the faction itself.

19. ButterflyBliss

ButterflyBliss Moderator

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    115d 15h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    I do not want to have to remove this thread due to those of you who can not read what I have written in my first post and or to what the creator of the thread has stated.
    This is a suggestion put forth by a member of the Factions community who is really wanting to get something finalized in rules and implemented . ( This topic was originally started before as a suggestion but due to those in the community creating drama and toxicity it was closed.)
    Unless you can positively contribute to this thread do not post ! If you Do post on this thread and it is a toxic and or accusative reply it will be removed with a warning ensued to the member replying with it.

Lets keep the topic civil and allow all factions players a chance to put forth a constructive personal view of what they see as a positive outcome for all in the MineHeroes Factions Community.

Thankyou.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. wyattcvn123

wyattcvn123 Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    90d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [TopFaction]
    There's most likely no way to see if its a blacklisted player besides ss'ing them and going into their .minecraft and looking at their mc accounts. other than that there is no way to tell if they're avoiding a blacklist. It's common sense that a fac should be punished for blacklist evading but its near impossible to have real reason or proof to punish them since you can't find out if someone is avoiding their blacklist

and @Zwarfs how is it not your problem if you know someone is ban evading in your fac? that's 100% on the fac if they know someone is lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.