OPSkyblock Ores!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AkaGiant, Jan 10, 2019.

?

Is this a good idea? (i'm genuinly curious)

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Meh

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. AkaGiant

AkaGiant Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    2d 14h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hey guys and gals, I'm new to the server and I absolutely love it! However, on Skyblock there is NO possible way to get any sort of ore. (Coal ore etc) NOT the Block or the Ingot version.

The following is MY opinion, I have not spoken around and asked how others feel so please do NOT take this as a general vote from the server. it's all MY opinion
    Effects on the server:

Pricing -

To buy one coal ingot it would cost $62.50 as you can buy 4 for $250 or 1 block (9 ingots) for 9x the price of 1 ingot. ($562.5) the previous is basic math... so my suggestion can go one of two ways. Either add Coal Ores to /shop for 1/3rd the price of 1 ore (due to fortune you can get multiple ingots from one ore, making it the same price would make the ingot redundant) This would work for ALL ores that have a single chance of dropping multiple ingots, (Coal, Lapis, Diamond, Emerald, Redstone, Quartz)

Iron and Gold
    With McMMO's Furnace skill you can get multiple ingots from one ore. However, you can only get a max of double the ore at any level (if that's how it is set in the configuration of the server) so I suggest making the ingot 1/3rd the price of a single ore, which won't make the ingot redundant, however, it also won't make the ore overpowered.

Pros and Cons -
    Pros:
    Have the ability to add extreme but small amounts of details into builds - Reason this is a pro... Having a full range of blocks and options to a Minecraft player is the best thing you can do. It gives them a large amount of freedom to do what they want with there builds rather than limiting them. Which benefits MineHeros by keeping players active and giving them the freedom to express their building talents!

Pro this is a lot for a small change in my build but it will allow me to finish my build ;) (shhh, it's not me being selfish it's a good idea! i think)

Cons:
    It requires effort to add all the ores to the shop and balance out the Blocks, Ingots, and Ore prices. When time could be used on more.. productive things.

Hopefully, this makes sense if it doesn't please feel free to contact me on Discord @ AkaGiant#0001

The build I talked about earlier:
    https://imgur.com/a/2SHdQl1 < Build with my suggestion

https://imgur.com/a/pqFhPOt < The ugly version

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    178d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    I was about to explain you how cobble gens work and then I looked into opskyblock and saw that you are right. I would go for a easier solution tho. Add ores as a decoration block for opskyblock. If you mine it with furtune you still just get 1 ore back. That way they can be cheap look good and cause no problem for the economy. Disable the smelting recipe too.

3. Anliv

Anliv Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    23d 16h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    I would like to see these things in the game +1

4. IAmPingachu

IAmPingachu Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    37d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ? BAE ?
    100% agree with hokaras +1 ^_^ ~Pingachu

5. ButterflyBliss

ButterflyBliss Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Zume

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    114d 9h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Easiest way to get ores like this is just use a silktouch. I dont see why it should be needed in shop if you can simply use the tools you have to mine it yourself.

6. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    178d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    This is not true for opskyblock. The ore gen generates ore blocks instead of ores.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AkaGiant

AkaGiant Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    2d 14h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Like Hokaras said, it's literally impossible to get Ores on OP Skyblock at the moment