OPPvP OPPvp Revival

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by StopDebuffing, Sep 23, 2020.

?

Is OPPvp need a reboot?

1. Yes

82.1%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't really care

17.9%
  1. StopDebuffing

StopDebuffing Well-Known Member
    Gyra Manos Ultimate Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    183d 6h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Matthew#5765
    NO IDEAS ARE FINAL AND THIS LIST IS NOT COMPLETE, SUGGESTIONS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED. PLEASE LEAVE THEM DOWN BELOW.

The following are a mixture of opinions expressed by the community and myself.

Needs

1. Method to limit teaming. Whether it be in incentives or punishments for mass teaming, something has to be done. (Talked to some people around the community of OPPvp, many agree the team sizes should be around 5-10)
    - /f create, /gang, or /party. Simplest way to limit the number of people in a team with a member limit cap. Maybe add kill rewards such as additional money/xp per kill, and things of that nature for teams with less than max members scaling with the amount. An example would be, if a team only had one player, they would receive max bonus while a team with 9/10 would only receive a small bonus. Unsure how to handle cross teaming.

- Helper specifically for OPPvp. Currently some helpers do drop by when issues arise, (mainly Npva) but having one only for OPPvp would allow them to constantly make sure no one was breaking team size rules. If there was a big teamfight happening, they could insure that there isn't one team with lets say 15 players, while the other only has 7.

- KDR Top Payout. This idea will be explained more thoroughly later on, this is only in regards to the teaming issue. If there was a system for declaring players a part of your team (/f create /party /gang) then they could limit KDR Payout to one member per team. OR there could be a Fac/Party/Gang KDR Top payout. Similarly to how Faction payout goes straight to the leader's PayPal account and it's up to them to distribute it. KDR Top could also help limit teams by forcing teammates to trust each other more. If there is any distrust in a team when money is involved they will most likely turn on each other and break apart.

2. Playerbase
    - Now it is increasingly rare to find new players staying on the server for more than ten minutes. Usually when new players join they grab their kit and jump, like you would except. What you wouldn't expect however is the brutal onslaught of the poor newbie that follows. Several blood thirsty, killstreak hungry, abominations clad in godsets swoop in and go for the kill. There could be ten of these monsters attacking poor little noobs. This of course would be less of an issue if teams were limited (#1) but could also be helped by a large number of new players.

- If the server spent a sizable sum on advertisement (Unclear of how this should be handled) then there would most likely be an equally sizable addition to the playerbase. If the server combined this with a reset of OPPvp, added new features and a better map (Which will be gone over later), and had a sort of "Grand Opening" which was marketed as a fresh start to the rest of the server, then it would most likely sustain the new player base rather than them all depleting as soon as they joined.

3. Limit Pay-2-Win Aspects (One of the most talked about issue)
    - Mineheroes is a business, which is understood. Businesses need to make money, however, some of the current features regarding this are too extreme. An example is the supreme kit. You get the second best armor in the game with some of the best custom-enchants on the server. Even if you cap Koth/win lms/killshot, and open some of those hard to earn keys and get 'lucky enough' to unlock an event set, it's worse than the p2w kits! Kit battle is even worse than supreme since it's more affordable. Second best armor in the game followed by custom enchants. The kits in theory can be good for new players, except that none of them stick around long enough for them to want to purchase a $8 demi set.

4. KDR Top Payout

- Would encourage players to try and compete for cash prizes, or maybe BuyCraft. Maybe #1 gets PayPal and the others get BuyCraft? All of that would have to be figured out, but it would introduce competition, something OPPvp has been lacking for ages. Issues such as boosting and cross teaming for account money would of course have to be taken account of, but I'm sure with enough community backing and support if they like this idea, solutions would be created to counter these.

5. Better Map

- While I'm unable to argue that the current map is one of the most aesthetically pleasing to date (Besides the rather ugly staircase sky thing that has no real purpose such as Koth), its functionality is in the nicest possible way: Garbage. A majority of the map is open, and they're only a few places available to 'disappear' at. If both the chaser and the one being chased have punch bows, it is insanely difficult to escape without a third party intervening. Adding a map the same size or slightly smaller with more structures would benefit many players. If it's already hard to escape with one person chasing you, imagine over ten?

Good Changes/Bad Changes/Possible Changes:

1. Good
    - /sah, allows players to purchase rare and exclusive items without paying IRL $, helps fight p2w

- Remove status sword enchants. Removing ce such as poison tip, wither aspect, etc made it easier for new players to jump down and not instantly rage quit after having every debuff in the game while in kit fight.

- Removed Protection 5. Unpopular opinion of mine, haven’t seen anyone else really vouch for it. In my eyes this is better as pretty much all of the prot 5 armor was p2w.

2. Bad
    - Lowered the punch enchant limit to two. Most of the community agrees it should have stayed as three.

- Removed cure. Removed the only way to counter one of the most annoying things in the game, poison. Now people can buy and carry twenty poison pots, stack them, and only take up five inventory slots...

- Removed dropping items from spawn. Just annoying to not be able to get rid of items. Have to use the chests, bin, or pv. Tedious.

- Removed using kits in pvp. When I'm out of combat I don't want to have to wait the five seconds to spawn just to refill on soup. They're already ways around this such as using soup in /claims, but it's just tedious for no reason.

- Removed Sharpness 6 Swords. I think they should be removed from crates, however, they should be reinstated as rare event key items. (Disagree personally, overpowered and unneeded)

-Combat tag. The twenty second combat tag is way to long. Most want the old fifteen second ct back.

-Rejuvenate. Way to op. Can fight new players without even souping. Especially if combined with Night Owl.

3. Possible
    - Increase rarity of cookies. I started playing the current map seriously for about a week and already I have three cookies. You are able to sit on top of a high point such as a skybridge and knock people off for hours if they try and attack you.

- Increase rarity of relics. You can get relics in every crate possible and the chances are way too high. From kill keys alone you get two at a time. Their prices have deflated so much this current map compared to the previous. Last map you could buy them from anywhere from 50k-200k depending on the time, currently they go for around 10k. At minimum remove from vote keys and increase rarity in kill keys.

- Buff Event Keys and reduce the amount given. Another opinion I haven seen others passing around. I think the event keys as a whole should be buffed to make them worth while, however, the keys should be reduced to only one or two per event (Or scaled per event. Ex: Koth 2, Kill Shot/LMS 1).

People whose ideas inspired this list (Ingame, Discord, Forums, etc):
    Rex, Lesser, Kyluzo, Strafeing, Xowee, Cower, sakiazo, kinda Kron, and other members of the community.

This isn’t a popularity contest. I don’t care if you dislike me or someone who suggests something, don’t be toxic. This is to help the server as a whole, there is no room for biasness.

#1 StopDebuffing, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Presiiident

Presiiident Well-Known Member
    Zume Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    198d 19h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Deliqhtion#9021
    Add a weekly koth, kind of like Citadel on HCF. Capper only gets ONE key, which can be redeemed as a Citadel Koth Key, which gives punch 3s and protection 5 unbreaking 5 and sharp 6. Make this koth length 10 minutes to give plenty of time to knock and fight. Be sure to make /kits impossible in this citadel area

3. StopDebuffing

Server:
    Play Time:
    183d 6h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Matthew#5765
    Feel like this would only work if teams were limited. If that were implemented as of now, only one (or maybe two teams) would ever win it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lightingez

Lightingez Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Legend Elite

Server:
    Play Time:
    90d 16h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    ThatOneKidBobby#8797
    Maybe bring down the cost of exp bottles so it’s easier to get sets

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. swaqqing

swaqqing Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Legend Titan Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    48d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Trusted
    highly agree with this i am 100% with this

• Like Like x 1
  6. Presiiident

Presiiident Well-Known Member
    Zume Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    198d 19h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Deliqhtion#9021
    Bro oppvp is basically allies and axis powers coming together to dropkick some factions randoms

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. StopDebuffing

Server:
    Play Time:
    183d 6h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Matthew#5765
    Not quite sure if that's how it should be though lmao

8. ilytrace

ilytrace Member
    Manos Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    81d 11h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    trace#2965
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  9. Strafieng

Strafieng Member
    Manos Ultimate Legend Elite

Server:
    Play Time:
    14d 14h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    I agree with the point you stated about limiting teams, maybe a good option would be capping teams to 5 mans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AgroCulture

AgroCulture Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Legend Titan Elite Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    90d 23h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    XMAS
    Discord Tag:
    SoySauce#8642
    StopDebuffing is a bum he called me wetaded but I agree!
    +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. kewlkid2

kewlkid2 Well-Known Member
    Manos Supreme Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    71d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Should we start a timer for how long it'll take for this to get locked because "it's going nowhere"

Lol...

+1

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. sakiazo

sakiazo Active Member
    Gyra Ultimate Legend Titan Elite

Server:
    Play Time:
    66d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [TopFaction]
    +1
    i think this would be fun implement into oppvp tbh. I agree with this post.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Muzee

Muzee Member
    Zume Supreme Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    109d 9h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [LITMAS]
    Discord Tag:
    Muzee (60kb)#2889
    +111111111111111111111111111111

• Like Like x 1
  14. feiy

feiy Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Legend Titan Elite Hero

Server:
    Play Time:
    16d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    feiy#5640
    ngl this season been MAD boring the koths are garbage i give away all my event keys every time cuz they are literally useless, i got p4 unb 5 the first day of launch with no effort put into it at all, every non leaves after 3 mins of playing cuz the membercount is so dead everyone ganging up on the poor bots like they are stealing food from each other the, map looks sick imo but its not suitable for oppvp literally almost impossible to kite anyone, combat tag should be reduced by 3-4 seconds, yall removed cure 1 so now EVERY SINGLE TIME i fight someone from facs they have stacked poison bottles and just nuke me with them every time, punch 2 is useless idk what yall were thinking when u put that **** in i saw people complain last map ''those p2w players always getting away with a punch 3!!'' when the same thing goes for punch 2 if they got no bow so no point in nerfing that **** now bow boosting feels inaccurate (the range i go), i cant do /kit soup at drop down which is annoying af and nobody really grinding top kdr cuz there is no point in it (im #2 on it and i barely play that much) yall might have put effort into the map but i can tell yall dont give a single **** about op which is annoying

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Npva

Npva Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    532d 15h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [November]
    Discord Tag:
    Npva#1931
    I like most of these suggestions. I think the teams idea Is needed to revive oppvp and turn this season around. Oppvp Is just a bunch of players all teaming with one another atm. New players don't stand a chance against these huge teams and because of the /killstreak plugin people just instantly slaughter new players that jump down for kill keys and other rewards. If teams get added there'll be a lot more fights and it will be a lot more enjoyable for most players. The downside is that It's going to be hard to keep everyone from teaming with one another and 1 team could completely take over oppvp making it even less enjoyable for everyone. Overall I think It's worth considering. +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AgroCulture

AgroCulture Well-Known Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    90d 23h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    XMAS
    Discord Tag:
    SoySauce#8642
    But team fights are fun tho ;D 10vs10s

17. DEBLACKBOILIVS

DEBLACKBOILIVS Well-Known Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    143d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Prestige]
    Discord Tag:
    DeBlackBoiLivs#9163

I would suggest them spending money on partners if they could afford it, and I mean famous well known minecraft youtubers not some random youtuber that would have only like 400 subs

Just add a large map with more details and ur fine but cullan is busy with other things and maybe hire a build team

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. sakiazo

sakiazo Active Member
    Gyra Ultimate Legend Titan Elite

Server:
    Play Time:
    66d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [TopFaction]
    People don't even put the effort to try and at least make koth longer, the rewards you get from the event crate ain't even worth going down to cap anyways, New players leave because they know they cant compete with the gear that you get without effort. This map would be good for kit pvp, when everyone has the same kit and go down to fight. I don't see how cure 1 was a "unfair" custom enchant, literary all it did was remove poison effect. Punch 2 completely useless but Cullan already made it clear that Punch 2 is a problem with whole community, taking away the command /kit in pvp arena completely stupid on their part. There is no comp for TopKDR this season, I'm #1 and I'm honestly not the best when it comes to pvp I've literary just been farming out new players that join the server. Plus this map was created like 2 years ago, they put effort back then but why would they take a map that was collecting dust in their files and put it into this season of oppvp instead of just creating a new map overall? In my opinion I don't think they put much effort into this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CullanP

CullanP Developer
    Staff Member Developer Admin

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    366d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Villain
    This thread is going to end up in the same place sooner or later, I'm going to have to accept it and move it to the accepted suggestions section. I wasted my time replying to that other thread when most of the points I made were just skipped over/ignored or interpreted the wrong way. I actually posted on that thread replying with why the things that were being said were bad and the person replying entirely ignored it and only commented on specific things. It is a suggestions thread, if the person replying stops giving me a reason to reply I'm going to lock it and accept the thread, that's how suggestion threads work. Gauge feedback and when the feedback stops being feedback, move it.

The only change I cannot agree with would be sharpness 6 and protection 5 as this basically goes against what you are saying with new players having a hard time, this would only make it more tough.

20. DEBLACKBOILIVS

DEBLACKBOILIVS Well-Known Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    143d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Prestige]
    Discord Tag:
    DeBlackBoiLivs#9163
    Why did you name it OPpvp if you trying to balance it by making a protection and sharpness limit might aswell name it "KitPvp" instead of "OPpvp
    :). Also when is nexus coming back?