Play with
other players on
mineheroes.net

Update Nexus BETA!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by McFluffinstein, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McFluffinstein

McFluffinstein Administrator
    Staff Member Admin

[​IMG]

General Information

For the past few months myself, @JoshK_ and members of the @TeamFractal build team have been working on a new PVP based mini-game, Nexus. Fast paced and full of action, the game features two teams who relentlessly battle in order to destroy one another's nexus - a block located at the heart of each teams base, whilst still defending their own. Each team has their own half of the map, where they can gather resources for an attack or build defenses. Block breaking and placing is possible all over the map, bar a few key zones: close to the Nexus, food resource mines, around the shop stall and around the potion stall. This is to encourage players to build your own defensive or attacking structures.Your team wins when you have taken all the health points away from the enemy's nexus.

The game is split up into 4 Phases. Information about each phase is located below:

Phase 1 (10 minutes): Nexus blocks are invincible.
    Phase 2 (10 minutes): Nexus blocks lose their invincibility.
    Phase 3 (10 minutes): Diamond ores spawn in the center of the map. Potions can now be purchased!
    Phase 4 (Until game end): Hardcore mode is enabled, meaning double nexus damage.

The game will remain in Phase 4 and stay there until one teams Nexus is destroyed.

The Nexus

[​IMG]
    The Nexus is the most important block in the game, and is located at the heart of each team’s base. Each Nexus starts with 75 hit points, and when mined it will lose 1 HP each time, or 2HP in Phase 4. When mined it makes a very loud anvil sound to alert the team their nexus is being damaged. Once a team's Nexus is destroyed, the game finishes and rewards are handed out.

Resource Mines
    Both teams have access to resource hotspots across the map which feature a pit of either Iron, Redstone, Gold or Diamond ores. Autosmelt is enabled constantly, so there is no need to gather coal. The resource mines are useful for the following reasons:

Iron Mine: Get basic starter gear to use for a quick raid or a sturdy defence in Phase 2+.
    Redstone Mine: Redstone Ore gives you significantly more EXP than any other ore, including diamond.
    Gold Mine: Gold ingots are the currency of Nexus. Use them to purchase items from the shop NPCs!
    Diamond Mine: Iron gear will become practically useless later in the game. Securing the diamond mine is a top priority for your team, and is essential to gain victory!

All ores will automatically regenerate, allowing you to improve your gear. However, the diamond mine located in the center of each map only allows you to mine there after Phase 3. Furthermore, located in each teams base is a stock of wood, melons and wheat. These will act similar to the ores, and will regenerate when broken.

Classes
    Nexus features an array of different classes which will gain you advantage over the enemy. As of Beta, there are 9 different classes which you can use.You can gain gems by performing actions, such as attacking a Nexus, killing an enemy or by winning the game.

You can view and select your class by typing /class whilst playing Nexus! Classes you have access to have an enchantment glow over them. For BETA, all classes are available to everyone. After BETA, Classes will only be unlocked via Gems.

[​IMG]
    BETA Classes: Classic, Warrior, Miner, Builder, Archer, Healer, Spy, Scout and Transporter.
    In the future, many more classes are planned for you to look forward too! Read more about each class on the Nexus Wiki: www.mineheroes.net/nexus

Item / Potion Shop
    Located inside your base walls, you will see a villager and a witch. When clicked on, these NPC’s have the ability to sell you items in exchange for gold ingots.

[​IMG]

The villager stocks general items, such as blocks, flint and string. The witch stocks potion materials such as blaze powder, sugar and nether warts. However, the potion shop is only accessible after Phase 3, giving you plenty of time to get some armor together.

BETA Testing
    All players can help test Nexus by interacting with the Nexus NPC at HUB. Have fun!

Remember to post bugs and issues here: www.mineheroes.net/bugs

Special Thanks
    The @TeamFractal Build Team, and the whole MineHeroes Staff Team for alpha-testing and providing valuable feedback.

#1 McFluffinstein, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SorryNamesTaken

SorryNamesTaken Warrior

looks like a neat and developed gamemode, pretty cool

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HeartAndSoul

HeartAndSoul War Hero

looks cool, good job. cant wait to see the communitys response

4. CookieTempTation

Titan

Hype

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

5. Mayer

Mayer Warrior
    Titan

Cool ಥ⌣ಥ

6. Helbram_

Helbram_ Helper
    Staff Member Helper Legend

this looks really fun. It kind of reminds me of bed wars.

7. AbusiveBaby

AbusiveBaby Scribe
    Ultimate

OH MY CHRIST THERE WAS A GAME LIKE THIS ON A SERVER BUT THERE WERE TWO OF THEM AND IT WAS GREAT THANKS FOR BRINGING IT TO THE SERVER

8. utaninja

utaninja Royal Guard
    Titan Manos

Hype!

9. Expired

Expired Warrior

OH MY GOD!!! New unique ideas again. I love developing ideas instead of copy them. Although it looks like EggWars, but Nexus has many new ideas. Hope to be there are big players play it.
    *I will pray for other servers. #rip

10. _FireblazePlayz_

_FireblazePlayz_ War Hero
    Legend

Hype! This looks amazing!

11. Joz_

Joz_ Royal Guard
    Ultimate

YESSSS BRING IT ONN!!!

12. Superfeline

Superfeline Recruit

Oi Alex buddy you best give me some credit for helping you come up with the idea back in november or december @McFluffinstein

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. iiYush

iiYush Royal Guard
    Ultimate

play it wit me

14. LolWhosBack

LolWhosBack Royal Guard
    Ultimate

Amazing idea and good job

15. iiStriker300

iiStriker300 Royal Guard
    Ultimate

Hmm sounds like a copy of destroy the core in version minigame with annihilation :/.

#15 iiStriker300, Apr 9, 2017
  16. Jaybehh

Jaybehh War Hero
    Legend

sounds like shotbows annihilation however it's understandable how this idea came about :3

#16 Jaybehh, Apr 9, 2017
  17. Superfeline

Superfeline Recruit

@iiYush set me an alt they don't want to unban me

18. Kris

Kris Recruit
    Legend

Amazing game modes.. Though it needs a LOT of work... I was glitched with a really really shaky camera and could no more.... For a good 3 min then i died... 4 seconds after i was banned for "Hacked Client" from the anti cheat... And honestly... I didnt know mineheroes had an anticheat... That plugin needs a fixin too. Anyways LOVE the game other wise.

19. McFluffinstein

McFluffinstein Administrator
    Staff Member Admin

It's beta and we do expect alot of bugs. Just make sure to chuck us a bug report please. Thanks! :)

20. Epic_Fantasy

Epic_Fantasy Royal Guard
    Ultimate

Should be fun do you get Gems for playing? would like it to be tokens if possible @McFluffinstein

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.