Skyblock More value towards spawners

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SwampThing1999, Jul 12, 2019.

1. SwampThing1999

Manos Ultimate Legend

Server:
    Hub5
    Play Time:
    28d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Trusted
    I will say this i'm not sure if it has been said before...because it is my first season after a year and this meta is unhealthy and i believe many more people will agree with me. Right now who ever has the most alts to afk sugar cane wins the map and it also burns your irl time into building those farms a buff towards iron golems/silverfish and a nerf towards sugar canes would help balance out the economy. let's say you buy 1 IG with sugar cane money. You wont make your money back from that 1 spawner in weeks...and they dont give good /is value either

1 IG: 15mil - Sell price 7$ per ingot
    1 SVS:40mil - Sell price 12,5$ per ingot

Sugar cane (8): - 30$ now multiply the sugar cane 16x16 x6 chunks from bedrock to skylimit

2. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    705d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    RAINBOW
    I do understand where you're coming from, and I can definitely see this as an issue for players who don't have any alts to begin with. However, CullanP has stated that he "likes" having sugar cane in the economy as it is. It takes time and lots of effort to actually get a full 6 chunk sugar cane farm with harvester chests up, and it's not like you can "p2w" one of these insane money makers up since:

1. Level 4 harvester chests are not obtainable through crates, meaning you have to actually grind 10m at start of map in some way
    2. Even with level 4 harvester chest you still need to spend lots of time getting your chunks filled with dirt and sugar cane

Though thinking about it, most players nowadays just pay other players to help them get these farms up, even on the very first day of map. So its not like it'll burn out too much of your IRL time if you have the money to pay for all your workers, which you can get from donating tokens for iron golem spawners. There's pros and cons behind sugar cane farms on Skyblock, but I doubt nothing much won't change since players like sugar cane farms being a meta on Skyblock. Though I can tell you for a fact that players don't rely on sugar cane farms the entire map. They'll eventually move on to iron golem spawners once they get enough, since they make the most money in long run.

A solution I have to counter this is increase the range in which you can AFK sugar cane. Currently its set so it grows the fastest when you're standing in same chunk as it. But if they allow us to get this same efficiency for all chunks in 3x3 area with one account, then you won't need to have an alt stand in each chunk. Another idea is to buff cactus farms (not even joking here), allowing them to work as fast as it use to back in the day. This will allow players who can't donate for anything at all to have a decent AFK farm up at start of map, which they can use to help get their sugar cane farm up.

Cactus farms take a long time to build, especially large ones like 3x3 or 5x5 sized ones (in fact it took almost a week for me to get a 3x3 chunk cactus farm up with all hoppers put in, even with people helping me build it). Even when cactus farms worked as they should, I was able to get 4m-10m every day from a full 3x3 cactus farms. So its not like it'll overpower sugar cane farms, making it a win win for everyone

Spawners, particularly Iron golem and Silverfish, don't really need a buff. I understand that they seem almost worthless at start of the map especially with sugar cane farms being a thing, but eventually, with lots of these spawners, they'll overpower sugar cane farms. In my experience, once I got 100 iron golem spawners or so, it overpowered my 6 chunk sugar cane farm even with the iron farm running on an auto sell chest (which has a 20% tax as well). Silverfish spawners in particular were intended to not be good for money anyways, just a good supply of emerald blocks for island levels and/or selling to players. And the island level both iron golem spawners and silverfish spawners give from being placed is also fair too, since we don't want insanely rich players to win maps by stacking spawners for island levels (which use to be a thing btw), making ore blocks almost useless

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Madmant64

Madmant64 Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    3d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Im okay with sugar cane and spawners, feels fine to me :)

4. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    293d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    Discord Tag:
    Hokaras#9730
    Before this the meta was even more boring. Buy pig spawner upgrade them into guardians. Once you have enough guardians upgrade to igs. Just 3 spawners to progress. Now you can do something that does not require asc (real money) to progress.