Skyblock More stable economy

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DespacitoRoyale, Oct 10, 2018.

?

How was this rant?

1. 5 Stars!

2. 4 Stars

3. 3 Stars

4. 2 Stars

5. 1 Star...

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DespacitoRoyale

DespacitoRoyale New Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    4d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Gambler
    Let me preface this by saying that I am an AVID Mineheroes fan and that I've been on this server for around a year and a half. I non-intentionally insult this server, these are only my suggestions. I apologize if they come across as rude or insulting.

So on Skyblock1, the server economy seems a bit Pay to Win. Buying IG's, server boosts, ranks, etc., seems to be the only way to win. The people that DO buy items from the store seem to be the ones that are on /baltop and /is top. They are the ones that hold the power and the influence on the server because they can do dropparties and stuff like that.

*enter le me*

Meet ~TehBannerGuy/DespacitoRoyale. An avid MineHeroes player and a man who's friend bought him a Legend Rank. I love this server and I want to make enough money to where I can survive on my own and still have fun without having to worry if I'm going to go bankrupt. The issue that I'm seeing is that all the money seems to be going to the higher players, and my money is getting drained in an effort to be stable (I own a custom banner business, come see me on SB1!), and I'm having to sell my Vote Keys and all my resources to stay in an okay position to the HIGHER POWER PLAYERS. THAT PISSES ME OFF.

Here's my suggestions:
    - Make players start out with a higher balance value, and give them better opportunities to make money on the server so there's an equal chance of people being on /baltop or /is top.
    - Make the In-Game money ranks a bit cheaper, because that's around 80M to be able to fly and set your chat color. Not really worth it in my opinion, and it seems like people automagically defect to buying ranks to be able to fly, and nobody really WANTS to empty their wallets to succeed, do they?
    - I think adding in more customized server plug-ins (MobCoins, Pouches, etc.) that can distract from the money-making flow would help out a lot. Maybe a system that can give you customized weapon mods (Runes perhaps) ((to increase PvP traffic)) would be interesting? Maybe a system that allows you to build easier and better structures to make your island more beautiful would be nice as well.
    - Last of all, MAKE THE HIGH-TIER SPAWNERS MORE ACCESSIBLE TO LOWER-LEVEL PLAYERS. Give people that are okay-ish at Skyblock a chance to become BETTER. Because that's what Skyblock is ABOUT. Variety. People showing off their creativity. Not being capitalist pigs in an attempt to reach the top of the ladder that is an infinite length, because at some point, the ladder will collapse, and that will lead to a server collapse.

I hope that you at least take the time to look over this list, because these are the things that I've been noticing since DAY 1 on this server, and the fact that they haven't really been addressed upsets me, and I know that I am NOT the only one out there with these complaints. I'm just merely the one raising my hand to act on it.

- Ross/~TehBannerGuy/DespacitoRoyale

2. Starrinq_

Starrinq_ Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    455d 3h
    Hero Level:
    ? King ?
    We managed to get both /is top and /baltop without spending a penny to the MineHeroes store. While I agree its true that Skyblock1 is highly pay to win (more than Factions actually), buying loads of stuff from the store doesn't guarantee a win for the map, especially now it's easier to compete with iron golem spawners and silverfish in /shop

Not entirely true. Yeah it's true that a lot of money goes to those who donate for the server, but that doesn't make it impossible for players to make their own profit, even for non ranked players. It's about having the knowledge more than just having green to your clothes

Giving players more money at start of map will allow them to use alts to greatly take advantage of this. Imagine making it so everyone gets 10k at start. You can have 20 accounts under ip so that means you can get 200k at the start of every map (plus 200k more if you use kit monthly on all those accounts). Mining at the very start of map is a simple way of making lots of money, and if that isn't enough for you, make a sugar cane/cactus farm

In game ranks are suppose to be expensive. They can always add more perks/kits to it rather than making ranks cheaper. Though in my opinion, it's fine the way it is now

PvP "mods" are already a thing via custom enchants (/ce). So this is sot of already a thing. Do agree with having more things for players to do besides making money, though either way, there are still going to be groups of people who would still make a buck than try out any new features. Oh and OPSkyblock gets world edit (mainly //set command) so on there stuff can be made easier. Don't expect it on other Skyblock servers though

I don't get what you mean here. Everyone gets access to the same spawners regardless of rank. So I don't know what you mean when you say "high tier" spawners (unless you mean spawner upgrades, but even nonranked players can upgrade spawners)

At the end of the day, we can't always keep a server balanced. As long as iron golem spawners and even silverfish spawners remain in shop, the economy will be very high in the end. Yeah you can remove them from shop and all, but then it would only increase the p2w aspect of the gamemode. As much as I may dislike the economy at times, it is what it is, and I'd rather have iron golem spawners in shop than having players buy them from store/tokens shop then sell them for insanely high prices, making them insanely hard to obtain for average players

3. Hokaras

Hokaras Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    99d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Hype
    1/5 rant.
    If you want to be on is top you have to put in money and time. That will always be that way.

If building good looking things is more important than the race to is top or baltop that is great for you. Nobody forces you to make money at all. You could mine in spawn without even going to your Island once if you think that is fun.

Like you said Skyblock is about doing stuff that is fun to you. Do you like to open a vote crate? Just do it. But if the money is more important to you than the opening of the crate if that really the fault of the bigger player?

About your arguments:
    "- Make players start out with a higher balance value, and give them better opportunities to make money on the server so there's an equal chance of people being on /baltop or /is top. "
    If everybody has a higher balance nobody has a higher balance. The same player that are now ahead would with more money still be ahead.

"- Make the In-Game money ranks a bit cheaper, because that's around 80M to be able to fly and set your chat color. Not really worth it in my opinion, and it seems like people automagically defect to buying ranks to be able to fly, and nobody really WANTS to empty their wallets to succeed, do they?"
    This is a point that I agree with you. The benefit is way too little for way too much money. The player that would need those unlockable things are most likely never reach such riches.

"- I think adding in more customized server plug-ins (MobCoins, Pouches, etc.) that can distract from the money-making flow would help out a lot. Maybe a system that can give you customized weapon mods (Runes perhaps) ((to increase PvP traffic)) would be interesting? Maybe a system that allows you to build easier and better structures to make your island more beautiful would be nice as well."
    As long as the Island level is determent by the blocks that you place money will always be priority number 1. And you have every tool that you need to build "better" structures. There are Websides that help you many shapes and you can fly which makes building way easier.

"- Last of all, MAKE THE HIGH-TIER SPAWNERS MORE ACCESSIBLE TO LOWER-LEVEL PLAYERS. Give people that are okay-ish at Skyblock a chance to become BETTER. Because that's what Skyblock is ABOUT. Variety. People showing off their creativity. Not being capitalist pigs in an attempt to reach the top of the ladder that is an infinite length, because at some point, the ladder will collapse, and that will lead to a server collapse.
    If the high tier spawner are more accessible to lower level players that would mean they would be more accessible for anyone. That in turn would mean that the end of the ladder is reached faster and the collapse you discribe as well.

If you want a perfectly balanced server without p2w go into singleplayer and you did it. This server has to earn money in some way and people would not buy only cosmetic items forever, well at least not for minecraft.

I just would not worry what other player do and enjoy your own thing.
    I hope what I wrote here makes sense to you.

4. imaginationGuy20

imaginationGuy20 Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    39d 1h
    Hero Level:
    just play opsb or sb2 everyones not spamming giving igs and money for paypal and ppl are not toxic or tryhardy

5. DespacitoRoyale

DespacitoRoyale New Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    4d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Gambler

Okay. So I can see where you're coming from.

1. What are these websites?
    2. I feel the need to be somewhat noticed on the server, because right now people don't even know I exist.
    3. I think the server is quite P2W, and I don't like it. I think I may swap to SB2, just to test the waters.

6. Hokaras

Hokaras Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    99d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Hype
    Just google shapes like spheres and stuff. I can't advertise any of them of course but I have faith in you that you can find something useful.

7. imaginationGuy20

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    39d 1h
    Hero Level:
    sb1 is not p2w no realm on this server is p2w you just cant win cuz you dont have a team and lots of time

8. Starrinq_

Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    455d 3h
    Hero Level:
    ? King ?
    The community on there gives it a p2w experience. You should know that someone bought an island on there for 200USD. Not to mention the amount of donations that mostly came from SB1 the first week of reset. An admin can probably confirm that SB1 gets the most donations compared to other servers. But yeah, I do agree that a team and lots of time can up your chances in competing, but good luck competing against people who spend just as much time and donates daily

Honestly the P2W aspect isn't 100% bad, as all those donations goes to keeping other servers up. So that's the one and only thing I can respect Sb1 for.

9. imaginationGuy20

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    39d 1h
    Hero Level:
    you can also just make a paypal account if you dont have a rank get some money from little farms like cac or something get like 10mil and someone will give you 5usd for that 10mil then you can get tokens rank rankupgrades asc ect.

10. Starrinq_

Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    455d 3h
    Hero Level:
    ? King ?
    While that's indeed true, I don't feel as if a player should ultimately resort to doing such a thing. Not only does it not guarantee you a win, but it also helps the competitors that buys your stuff for IRL cash. People who do IRL trades most likely just want to make a profit, not really donate for anything in store.