Skyblock Make world downloaders illegal!

Discussion in 'Rejected Suggestions' started by Hey_, Aug 11, 2019.

?

Do you think world downloading should be allowed in Skyblock?

1. Yes!

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Meh... I wouldn't care less if it is allowed or not.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. No!

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey_

Hey_ Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    176d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [HOLIDAY]
    Hey!

I don't really think i need to say much here, but world downloaders are OP. Idk about factions, or anny other server, but tbh they need to be banned on SkyBlock. People can download islands, and find out OP Strategies. Honestly I just find that unfair. Any player could just download an island, and find out exactly what they are doing. This basically means there isn't very much privacy, and someone could easily leak all your methods, and your basically screwed. I honestly find this really unfair, since anyone could just download your world, and see all your doing. You might be thinking "Alts" or something, but not everyone has an alt, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually downloaded the world, Skyblock is 99% air, so I don't think it would be more than 20-30 gigabytes, with majority of players have starter islands that have been untouched. That means that they can go to your alts island in a world download.

Honestly, there is literally no point of world downloader in SkyBlock, unless you just want to save your islands to see in the future, which you can just save a schematic off. Ik you can save schematics and that is technically a world save, you need to be able to see the area. You can't just claim and island in schematics if your in a tiny box.

Let me know what you think, by voting in the poll. If you think otherwise, please let me know so I can change or fix this suggestion.
    Thanks for reading! ;D

2. AnonyX_

AnonyX_ Well-Known Member
    Gyra Manos Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    76d 16h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [HOLIDAY]
    Discord Tag:
    AnonyX#9923
    First of all I understand where your coming from but you could make your grinder ect in a different space where it is no accessible but as I said in the beginning I understand where you are coming from.

#2 AnonyX_, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  3. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme Ultimate Elite

Server:
    Play Time:
    808d 22h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Husband
    World downloaders should be allowed regardless of which server you are playing. If you want to disallow something like this on one server then that would mean banning any and all world downloader mods from the network. MineHeroes has never made a modification allowed on one server but disallowed on another. It's quite dumb to do something like that since players can still come on that server using the mod and no one would know unless they point it out.

In response to players finding out "OP strategies" using world downloader, you cannot expect to keep these methods hidden forever even if you ban something like this. This is why there are ways of checking how much money players have and why /baltop even exists. Players will simply start getting suspicious and either report it on the forums or try to find out some other way. And even then CullanP is almost always on top of the economies on each server so if you are using a "OP" strategy then he will find out pretty easily without anyone telling him to look into it (I know you'll probably bring up the whole "investigation" thing I did, but the economy wasn't really watched all that well back then since Cullan mainly focused on developing new plugins. Not managing server like he does today on top of his usual duties. Admins were only people watching the economies, and they didn't really do too much watching unless something was reported to them).

Just because someone may "leak" all your methods, and find out what you're doing on your island doesn't mean it's the end. Players will just simply know what you're doing and do the same thing. It won't really lose you any money unless it involves the player(s) selling/buying stuff from you which just means you need to resort to doing something else. And if anything, hiding "OP strategies" sounds more unfair than is world downloading. Most players would even assume you're duping or abusing some exploit when they first hear that.

If you don't want other players knowing what you are doing on your island. Don't have a warp up, don't tp others to your island, and keep your island locked. Or better yet, get an alt (you can occasionally find them cheap in some alt shops) and do all your business there. Though I know for a fact that it will not clear away all suspicion. Banning world downloaders would pretty much do little to nothing towards solving your issue overall. Also sometimes schematica can glitch out your islands/world saves if certain chunks are unloaded which is why world downloader mods are more reliable in this case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HacksRUs

HacksRUs Well-Known Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    10d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    i Casper i
    Discord Tag:
    HacksRUs#0536
    -1 If you don't want people to see what your doing just don't make an island warp...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hey_

Hey_ Well-Known Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    176d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [HOLIDAY]
    So whats your reason to why it shouldn't be allowed? Some people need island warps, and i don't have like 20 alts like everyone else. Both my alts are occupied. my island is occupied. I need an island warp to sell and do whatever.

6. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme Ultimate Elite

Server:
    Play Time:
    808d 22h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Husband
    Make an alt island warp like I did on Skyblock2 then people won't know coords to it. If you don't want people seeing your alt islands either then I really don't know what to tell you. Disallowing world downloader because you don't want people knowing what you doing on your island(s) is not a good enough reason

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. StopDebuffing

StopDebuffing Well-Known Member
    Manos Ultimate Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    126d 23h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Matthew#5765
    -1 Like others have said, you can simply not have an island warp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hey_

Hey_ Well-Known Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    176d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [HOLIDAY]
    But i need one for my stuff.

9. ReapersRed

ReapersRed Active Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    134d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    ReapersBlue#1145
    Idk if you know how a world downloader works but you have to be in the render distance of where you want to download so if you don't want somebody to download your island then lock it to visitors. Mineheroes render distance is 4 on factions idk what it is on skyblock just for your information.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. ReapersRed

ReapersRed Active Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    134d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    ReapersBlue#1145
    alts are like 4 cents a piece just buy some.

11. Hey_

Hey_ Well-Known Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    176d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [HOLIDAY]
    A: Buying alts from people who leak them are strictly against the rules, and second, ive had people download my whole island being isolated in a small container

12. ReapersRed

ReapersRed Active Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    134d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    ReapersBlue#1145
    What is the render distance on skyblock also is there /top

13. Hey_

Hey_ Well-Known Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    176d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [HOLIDAY]
    /top only works if your cooped

14. Chris_is_crazy

Chris_is_crazy Active Member
    Gyra Ultimate Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    52d 16h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Trusted
    Discord Tag:
    Chris_is_crazy#2695
    Skyblock render distance is pretty hefty, I would venture to guss that it is about 12 chuncks. It doesn't matter if you contain players to a small box, If the render distance is greater than the size of your base, all of it will be downloaded.

The soulutions have been proposed. Either A: Don't let people onto your island, Or B: Suck it up.
    Banning world downloaders will do absolutely nothing. People will likely just become careful about using them.

15. Wazez

Wazez Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    95d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Wazez#6186
    Thank you for submitting a suggestion thread.
    We've looked at your idea and have decided to not implement it into our network.

This can be due to any of the following reasons:
    - The suggestion may be seen as unnecessary
    - The suggestion is too generic
    - The suggestion may not be agreed/supported by the majority of the community
    - The suggestion may cause an unbalance in the current network

Feel free to post more suggestions at www.mineheroes.net/forums/suggest

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.