Skyblock Island Points

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FuriousFruit, May 23, 2020.

1. FuriousFruit

FuriousFruit Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    215d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ProPvper
    Discord Tag:
    FuriousFruit#3859
    A very controversial way of winning island top is to 'surprise' the opponent by hiding value and placing it last second. While this is still within the rules, it is pretty unfair. You can simply get multiple islands to help you with value to overthrow the top island minutes before payout. It is simply impossible to come back once you've realized what has happened.

On Factions, sharing value is not allowed. To prevent wilderness farms and hiding value, there is a points system. Basically, the more value you have in your faction, the most points you get. At the end of the week, the faction that has the most points (not value) wins. Skyblock should have a similar system implemented. This will encourage players to actually show their true value, rather than just hoarding and adjusting how much more you need.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Doxyx

Doxyx Active Member
    Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    7d 12h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Aaron#9100
    A big issue with this is it discourages any new players. On factions it is different as it is only a 1 month map and you basically have to play from the graceperiod to have a good chance of winning, but when a skyblock map lasts multiple months, unless u are playing from very early on you dont have much of a chance. (with the current system you can still easily catch up to be honest). It also limits further playstyles like heavily focusing on economy and ignoring early game levels to then snowball later on to overtake on is top. I agree it is an issue but I dont think points is how it should be done. Having valuestands not instantly updating will massively help with the problem, not fix it totally I know but. points system on skyblock isnt the best in my opinion.

The issue with it is the value sharing. even if someone hides and beats you (without being value shared) then you wouldve lost even if they weren't hiding, yea its still dumb but it helps fix it. Besides this yes value sharing should be banned, Boosting/merging is a stupid scummy way of winning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nathanvanderpool

nathanvanderpool Well-Known Member
    Gyra Ultimate Legend Titan

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    331d 21h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Prestige]
    Discord Tag:
    Jakekill1#8244
    idk what you are saying but they could just update every island's island level that exist and update it once every 2 hours or less like SMP f top does.

4. FuriousFruit

Server:
    Play Time:
    215d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ProPvper
    Discord Tag:
    FuriousFruit#3859
    They can catch up, but it is basically impossible to get top 3 unless the top 3 quits. As long as the current top islands are active, there should be no way for a new player that is a month late to catch up. (Unless they're buying spawners or islands in general).
    This is true. But the issue is that players are sharing value and hiding it. You would expect them to have lets say 3m levels, but now they have 6m from getting help. This is completely unfair and simply allying.
    You're missing the point.
    Players are gathering value (spawners, emerald blocks, and obsidian) and just storing them in chests until payout. Doing the math is easy. You just need to count how many chests of each value you have, and simply use 3rd grade math. Without doing /is level to update and check your levels, you can know how much you have. But the other teams have no clue.
    You may say, "just count the levels in chests". This is bypassable by splitting the value on alt islands.

5. SozIGotLucky

SozIGotLucky Member
    Zume Ultimate Legend Titan Elite

Server:
    Play Time:
    166d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    SozIGotLucky#4548
    Value stand does that somewhat you can't take stuff out of it on skyblock so you just gotta focus on one island.
    And if you're talking about spawners then make them remove hopper caps \o/. That's the only reason my i have alts with 40k+ is lvls all iron golems.

6. Ando0o

Ando0o Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme Ultimate Legend Titan Elite Hero

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    109d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Ando#8245
    N
    No

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. FuriousFruit

Server:
    Play Time:
    215d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ProPvper
    Discord Tag:
    FuriousFruit#3859
    If you know you're not winning is top, you can just save your value, and give it to somebody who is closer to winning in exchange for payout.

8. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme Ultimate Elite

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    924d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Husband
    I disagree with this. Island Top can look very intimidating but it doesn't always scare away new players. Not to mention it would still happen even if this feature was not added. On top of that, there are ways for new players to catch up on island top quite casually actually. Midway through the map (where everyone would have loads of island levels) people will have public farms players can use for money and island levels

"lol no" people already make way too much money as it is simply from AFKing. If anything the cap should DECREASE. Yeah it benefits players with lots of alts to make more than one island for farms but people already do this and will continue to do so as long as a hopper cap is present. Though with lower hopper cap it would actually require players to be online more often to check chests and stuff. Thats the closest thing we'll get to making activity important again

9. SozIGotLucky

SozIGotLucky Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    166d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    SozIGotLucky#4548
    That's what I meant, since he said most people save is levels on alt islands the only reason most of us have is levels on other islands is because of the cap, nothing you can do about it

10. Doxyx

Doxyx Active Member
    Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    7d 12h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Aaron#9100
    If there is a points system how are they meant to catch up and overtake? they are already down a lot of points because they havent been playing(Becuase they are new or whatever), then they have to catch up in eco AND overtake massively in levels (to catchup and overtake the previous levels they have missed). For example if someone is on 300k levels when you start, To get to 1million levels they only need 700k levels but you will need the full 1 million. to beat them to it you will already have to be ages ahead in levels to catch up their original 300k and to beat them to 1mill. But currently that is not the same as you can fairly easy just overtake is top by being a couple of hundred thousand levels ahead instead of needing to be a couple of hundred thousand levels ahead for multiple weeks just to catch up on points. It is so much harder to play from behind as a starting player with a points system rather than the current system, You would need weeks more of time to overtake at that point than you would without points. Even with public farms the issue isnt solved suddenly because some people are generous. its just not practical(or realistic really) to use someones public farms to win is top. Your example of someone joining mid map to then win an istop spot doesnt make sense. how are they ever going to catch up on points when they have missed out on a month and a half of points? If you have a month and a half lead and u lose to someone overtaking ur island level then you deserve to lose regardless. u shouldnt need points.

The big issue is value sharing not cheesing top value. If Allying/merging/boosting were all completely against rules, got dq's etc. The points system really would not be needed at all.

11. FuriousFruit

Server:
    Play Time:
    215d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ProPvper
    Discord Tag:
    FuriousFruit#3859
    Cullan said the rule is not implemented because it is "too hard to manage"
    The point system is a way to prevent this. Also, why would you be a month late to a season and expect to win?

12. Doxyx

Doxyx Active Member
    Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    7d 12h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Aaron#9100
    It's too hard to manage because theres no staff and cullan is way too busy to do it, a developer shouldnt be expected to do staffs job and a developers job. just An issue with having no staff. I know youre a person who is against staff idea that gets thrown around a lot so so we shall leave that at that.

Regardless you can start a month late and win. Especially on sb2 where is top is lower. Getting a couple of million levels in 1-2 months is more than possible and you can atleast get 1 payout even if its 2nd or 3rd. but the points system makes that near impossible. Im not saying it is the easiest thing ever, but its not impossible at all. I agree that it is a big issue and I do not agree with people who do it just like you. I Was just simply making a point about the game being a lot harder for newer players looking to compete too, that is all.

Another thing to point out is what is stopping multiple islands just funneling their resources all into 1 proxy island for levels? they would be gaining levels a lot quicker and therefore getting a lot more points than a solo island. If its not against the rules then there's pretty easy ways around the points system. Any fix will always be exploited unless the rule is added and monitored. at minimum at the end of the month of payouts the 3 top islands from each server who are winning should have their logs investigated on how they got those levels and if they were legit, if they do not want to monitor every island that is boosting.

13. SlyHaze

SlyHaze Well-Known Member
    Zume Ultimate Legend Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    40d 16h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    (You Had 1 Job)
    Discord Tag:
    SlyHaze#7568
    The points based system was really only meant for factions, and it really only works on factions. On skyblock you can't raid another island so that their points start decaying. And, as we've seen from faction maps, it really depends on who places spawners or value first and then there's just a huge snowball effect. On skyblock this just encourages P2W play-style as well. I feel like you're just upset because you got knocked off of is top 1. Well, all I can say is you should have grinded harder. Doesn't mean we should change the play-style just because you're upset.
    The points based system in general is a bad idea for skyblock, all you want is an assured victory if you get is top 1 and the fact that you would have to do nothing if you get a huge lead on everyone.

A better way to fix this sort of issue would be to ban players merging islands to get is top 1. But ya know, you're against staff and all that, and as you've said: MH doesn't need staff.
    So, guess you're on your own.

14. FuriousFruit

Server:
    Play Time:
    215d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ProPvper
    Discord Tag:
    FuriousFruit#3859
    You would be upset too if 3 islands merged value to beat you.... You’re not getting the point here. Besides, there is no “grinding harder”. You AFK, sell, buy spawners. Rinse and repeat.

15. SlyHaze

SlyHaze Well-Known Member
    Zume Ultimate Legend Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    40d 16h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    (You Had 1 Job)
    Discord Tag:
    SlyHaze#7568
    Which is why I said that a better solution would be to ban island merging. But I still think the idea of island points is bad.

16. FuriousFruit

Server:
    Play Time:
    215d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ProPvper
    Discord Tag:
    FuriousFruit#3859
    I want to ban island merging too. But it's basically impossible to enforce.

17. SozIGotLucky

SozIGotLucky Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    166d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    SozIGotLucky#4548
    You want to ban island merging so that means at the end of season we're not allowed to put all the igs on our alts islands back into our main no thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. FuriousFruit

Server:
    Play Time:
    215d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ProPvper
    Discord Tag:
    FuriousFruit#3859
    That's not what that means. I mean you can't merge 2 different teams together to create one.

19. aimcurious

aimcurious Well-Known Member
    Manos Ultimate Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    66d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    #BlameWazez
    Furious I know you are getting a lot of hate on this. I 100% agree with you tho. +1 from me <3

• Like Like x 1
  20. aimcurious

aimcurious Well-Known Member
    Manos Ultimate Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    66d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    #BlameWazez
    I also noticed someone did this to you on sb2 right before payout