Skyblock Island Levels

Discussion in 'Accepted Suggestions' started by _StarrySkies, Sep 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

No this is not to make any more blocks in /is topvalues any less, but rather introduce new ideas for players to gain more island levels in little time!

As we all may know, island levels can be a pain in the tush to grind, and while the main point of /is top is for players to spam blocks all day, not everyone will have that kind of time to place such blocks, while others will and may easily conquer /is top by such a long shot! In other words, not a lot of players are going to feel very motivated to get island levels especially with their schedule to keep up with outside the server.

The idea is to add new blocks that you can place on your island that can give you a ton of island level. No special plugins have to be coded or anything as you can simply add and change values of blocks via the Skyblock config. There are a couple of unused blocks that can be used to help give players a ton more island levels. Right now we have the dragon egg which gives players 100 island levels per egg placed. But here are a couple others that we could use:

Sponge : 10-20 island level PER block (May want to remove sponge as a reward from "Builder" skyblock challenge)
    End Portal : 25-50 island level PER block (Allow us to break these with pickaxe of course. OPFactions allows us to break bedrock with pickaxe but using more durability so something like this could be added)
    Bedrock : 15-25 island level PER block (Allow us to break these with pickaxe of course. OPFactions allows us to break bedrock with pickaxe but using more durability so something like this could be added)

How do you get these blocks? Adding them to shop for a very and I mean VERY high price PER block would be nice. Though how about we make these even more rare by making them exclusive to only the tokens shop and crates? (Prices/rarity could be adjusted)

Tokens Shop
    8 Sponge (80-160 island levels) = 5k tokens
    4 Bedrock (60-100 island levels) = 6k tokens
    4 End Portal (100-200 island levels) = 7k tokens

Crates
    Vote Crates : 1 Sponge (5%-10%), 1 Bedrock (3%-5%)
    Nova Crates : 4 Sponge (3%-5%), 4 Bedrock (1.5%-3%), 1 End Portal (0.5%-1%)
    Platinum Crates : 8 Sponge (10%), 8 Bedrock (5%-7.5%), 4 End Portal (1%-3%)

Vote Crates : 4 Sponge (20%-25%), 4 Bedrock (10%-15%)
    Nova Crates : 8 Sponge (25%-35%), 8 Bedrock (15%-20%), 4 End Portal (10%-12.5%)
    Platinum Crates : 16 Sponge (20%), 16 Bedrock (10%-12.5%), 8 End Portal (5%-7.5%)

Making them hard to obtain allows for blocks like diamonds, emeralds and so on to still be useful, as these are more easier to obtain and farm. On OPSkyblock, these rare blocks mentioned could be more common since I personally believe island levels there deserve a bit of a buff (Since it is "OPSkyblock"). In the end, this will hopefully help give Skyblock players something unique to place on their island and work for as having a mass amounts of these blocks will sure be worth your while!

2. KristyKim

KristyKim Well-Known Member
    Zume

Part of it is trying not to make it p2w. People on skyblock are crazy and will spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars especially for something like this. I do agree with you though for the most part even though theres a high chance it wont really do anything since people have a million island levels to hundred thousands. I'd still be unmotivated to place even with this lool

3. RaptorToad

RaptorToad Well-Known Member
    Legend

I totally disagree on this, adding blocks to increase is level and getting those with real money will totally ruin the server(more)

4. _StarrySkies

Zume

Good points were made. Perhaps if a mob coin shop were added these could possibly be added there and not in crates or tokens shop. Meaning that players would have to grind for these blocks rather than them spending money on tokens or crate keys for them, making them available for anyone.

And maybe they can give more island level than expected. Didn't want to go too crazy with the island level value because throughout the map they will just get more and more common and stuffs

5. BreathingMeme

BreathingMeme Active Member
    Legend

Disagree. -1
    This will just make Finga OP (i have a screenshot of him having 87k tokens) and other people p2w. Instead of buying supreme, people will mass buy bedrock and other stuff via. tokens and the eco will be broken on all the sb servers. Island top #1 - 3 will just use the money they get to buy end portals and get 500k within the first week. What I think they should do, is buff the amount that emerald blocks give.

6. TrulyPurple

TrulyPurple Well-Known Member
    Zume

87k tokens isn’t that hard to get considering previous hub events which gave up to 15k tokens.. + the factor for buying like 87k for $40 which isn’t also a ton of money.

Plus finga also works unlike others! He spends a lot of his time on opsb so either way he deserves the spot ;)

7. KristyKim

KristyKim Well-Known Member
    Zume

I don’t understand the logic here though. If they buff the amount of level emeralds give, it would be the same exact thing besides it being multiplied by how ever much it’s being buffed by. The only difference that buffing the emeralds would make is increasing everyone’s island all together

8. RaptorToad

RaptorToad Well-Known Member
    Legend

Yeah amazing point, "40$ isnt also a ton of money" yeah you right, but i wont spend 40$ on a cubes game, thts no sense, id rather buy a pizza lol, my point is that, well, on my personal case, the only reason why i play this server, its because is not P2W, i will never spend any money on a server, or atleast not tons of it, if this suggestions gets accepted, the is top would be only p2w people, and that would totally ruin the server, cuz i like to work hard to get on is top, not paying real money.. thats stupid.

9. imaginationGuy20

Zume

i think that this should be added but i think that bedrock would not be a good chose you would have to make it able to break then you could have no blocks on your island and that would lead to people scamming and such but i do think that other blocks should give you more island levels so people will stop placing chicken spawners and have to place this blocks that wont lag other people on your island so less lag and faster island levels and a fun server starry please don't stop coming up with good ideas ;) maybe some other blocks like End Stone or Redstone Lamp's​

10. theAnswerisMe

theAnswerisMe Member
    Ultimate

I think a better way would be some sort of fast place option either in token shop or mobcoins that allows you to place multiple blocks at once so that people can place or blocks faster instead of making blocks worth more

11. _StarrySkies

Zume

From my knowledge there isn't a way multiple blocks at once by hand (besides printer which allows the FORGE MOD to place it FOR YOU). If anything it would have to be through a wand or tool that you buy with a certain amount of uses and it acts like world edit.

12. Flexorcist

Flexorcist Member
    Legend

I haven't spent hundreds of dollars and im is top 6 right now on sb1 i could be 3 or 2 but i not interest to grind is level alone since all my island memebers left im sure since im ALONE and i got is top alone placing blocks and chicken spawners a group of people can do it

13. theAnswerisMe

theAnswerisMe Member
    Ultimate

yes it would have to be a plugin i have sen it on other servers before where you place 1 block and it places 15 on top of it

14. Wazez

Wazez Owner
    Staff Member Owner

We'll do the sponges and end portal frame, but not the bedrock.
    Thank you for submitting a suggestion thread.

We have looked at your idea and have decided to implement it into our network.

Take note that, although this suggestion has been accepted, there is no set date as to when it will be implemented.

Feel free to post more suggestions at www.mineheroes.net/forums/suggest

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.