Global IRL Trading

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Wazez, Nov 29, 2018.

?

Should we add NEW rules to block and punish IRL Trading

Poll closed Dec 6, 2018.
  1. Yes

44.2%
  2. No

55.8%
  1. Slayersgod

Slayersgod Well-Known Member
    Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    91d 17h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    SkyblockOG
    Stiffer punishments for all infractions... make it not worth even trying to scam

I am poor irl and bought a rank crystal for ingame and that was my whole reason for even playing this season.

however if i was to try a have someone else buy me something i would use a helper / mod for the trade; but they are rarely around / have time

If punishment for anything should be added it should be "cross server scamming"

#41 Slayersgod, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Entity__303__

Entity__303__ Active Member
    Manos

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    263d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [TopIsland]
    Allowed or not, it'll happen regardless, all games have their own black market, trying to thwart it is only going to cost resources/time,.. tbh i don't think the player-base is big enough to have to worry much about it.. let the players that indulge the black mkt to face the consequences if they get scammed, risk v reward is well worth it .. as long as it's not that dude we all bought duped **** from last week
    ive p2w, but ive also been scammed by newbs to MH staff, it's expected every once in a while, just use F2 and document your stuff depending on what side of the deal you're on and shouldn't have anything to worry about, but at the same time, if you allow it to happen on your server and vow to investigate a scam etc.. then like I said your staff's wasting their time when 99% of these paypal deals are > $3

3. CookieZeFrog

CookieZeFrog Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    53d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    I dont like the irl trade part because i dont think it has anything to do with Minecraft.

4. _LilStxrry

_LilStxrry Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    541d 8h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ? King ?
    Thanks for idea. I'd totally make a guide to be honest

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Good Luck Good Luck x 1
  5. ii_Apex

ii_Apex Active Member
    Titan

Server:
    OPSkyBlock
    Play Time:
    27d 21h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
  6. Jinx133

Jinx133 Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    19d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    #BlameWazez
    Unfortunately, a rule like "Trading in-game items with real-life currency is not allowed" could never be efficiently enforced. These trades take place outside the server and unless you looked at people's paypal accounts (Which is not happening anytime soon, lol) to see if they actually sent any real-life money, there wouldn't be any proof to prove that the transaction actually took place. I mean, Skype/Discord PMs are not considered a valid source of proof (due to the high likelyhood of forgery) and in-game logs hinting a trade took place are nothing but circumstantial evidence. They just prove a disucssion about IRL trades took place, they can never be the proof of a trade actually taking place, even if one of the parties say "I got the money on paypal" or something. Implementation of such a rule can never go further than discouraging it, unless you enforce it the way you enforce rule #11, which would be... odd.

7. lunarwave1110

lunarwave1110 Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    11d 8h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [TOP RANK SB]
    I think it should not have new rules

8. BadBoyHaloTopFan

BadBoyHaloTopFan Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    14d 16h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    MINEMAS
    Yes yes yes! This needs to be bannable. I know a very good friend of mine who lost 250$ doing this. This is a very painful thing to be scammed on and it needs to be stopped. I think this is a great way to improve the server. +1

9. Lushfuul

Lushfuul Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    140d 9h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [WeeWoo]
    I dont believe that IRL trading should be taken away, however, I think that players need to be educated in the risk of trading real items for in game items. It is a risk that some players unknowingly take and then get caught out confused and angry at the situation.

Like anything done IRL whether it be buying items off a private seller on craigslist/gumtree or even purchasing items in a shopping centre there is always the possibility of being scammed or ripped off and unfortunately that is just the way it is. The difference and issue with having these things happen on the MineHeroes Network is that the people being scammed are young, not educated and sometimes not supervised by an adult therefore they can be easily manipulated into doing things that older or more knowledgeable people would think unwise.

The only solution I have is to better educate the community on the dangers of trading with strangers or private sellers online. Disallowing IRL trading would not stop the problem, people would still do it and it would still be dangerous.

I don't feel like you understand how much staff actually do for the server. Sure some staff are a bit dodgy and don't really do their job to the extent that they could be, however, when it comes to IRL trading and being a middleman even as a player you are putting yourself at risk. By being a middeman in a trade especially as a staff member you become responsible for the items and if something does go wrong, players will blame you and it will look bad.

When I was a staff member I never assisted with IRL trading because of the rules at the time and because of the consequences that would come if something were to happen to the money or the items. We as the staff member would be blamed for any issue even if it was not our own fault. That is why the rule trade at your own risk was implemented. As a staff member you cannot always help a situation and sometimes it is best just to let it go.

10. iSlayUp

iSlayUp Active Member
    Manos

Server:
    Hub2
    Play Time:
    39d 22h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    I do not think removing irl trading is a good idea and if people are getting scammed and staff cant guarantee 100% security just make it very know that when irl trading it is your own risk. I my self have been includes in irl trades the only rank I have bought is titan the rest is from irl trades so i think irl trades are a good thing and should remain on mineheroes.

11. AllahSnaccBar

AllahSnaccBar New Member
    Manos

Server:
    Play Time:
    21d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Trusted
    Is there any rules to prevent scamming across different servers on mine heroes?

12. Anliv

Anliv Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    23d 17h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Well, i don't agree with this. IRL Trading is allowed but there are some risks. Exchanging any virtual/actual item for hard currency and/or Virtual MineHeroes Server Store Items is allowed if both parties agree that they understand the risk involved. (e.g. future chargebacks, incomplete transactions). This is a rule.
    Cross scamming isn't bannable. But i do not recommend doing this cause you will get a bad name.

13. Rainbaow

Rainbaow Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    14d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [CHAMPION]
    This is just a way to make it able for people that cant use money on games so they can work for the money on buycraft

14. CJ_Entus_Wraith

Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    40d 8h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Tbh it's been quite annoying seeing kids spamming "trading $XXXXXX for $1 Paypal msg me!!" every 5 seconds.

15. Swayh0

Swayh0 Member
    Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    3d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    XMAS
    I feel like IRL trades should be banable

16. IAmPingachu

IAmPingachu Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    37d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ? BAE ?
    I personally feel like it should be allowed. I don’t see any harm it is causing to the server to be honest. If anything it may drag more people in to spend money. ^_^ ~Pingachu

17. DamagedMods

DamagedMods Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    28d 3h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Easter
    Discord Tag:
    Damaged Mods#9630
    I Personally love the idea of it being allowed. But i feel it would cause a increase in scamming amongst players and that would probably cause a flux of Reporting and banning on the server

18. CannonIdol

CannonIdol Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Factions
    Play Time:
    7d 16h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Players doing scams should be banned for a year or so and the players that just do that even without scam should get banned for 2 months I think it isn't right to pay just for a item someone once asked me if I would pay him 25$ by paypal to get one enchant relic I was like sezriously are people really doing this?

19. wyattcvn123

wyattcvn123 Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    90d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [TopFaction]
    I do not feel like there should be strict limits or bans on irl trading. People here have been talking about scamming and such, it's their fault for being scammed/not using a middleman. But that's my 2 cents