Global IRL Trading

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Wazez, Nov 29, 2018.

?

Should we add NEW rules to block and punish IRL Trading

Poll closed Thursday at 10:39 PM.
  1. Yes

44.2%
  2. No

55.8%
  1. Wazez

Wazez Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    72d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Should we add NEW rules to block and punish IRL Trading.

IRL Trading refers to the process of selling your items or progress in game for real world money through paypal or other methods such as gift cards, other game accounts or services.

Example:
    Player A offers Player B their island on SkyBlock 1 that has 1000+ valuable spawners (silverfish and IG), 20 Auto Sell Chests, Block Chests for $10 paypal.
    or
    Player A offers Player B their login containing the Ultimate rank on MineHeroes and the summer /gkit. As well a rank on another server for Player B's Fortnite account.

Why?
    Up until now, MineHeroes has not interfered or taken any action to prevent such trades as it created a black market which encouraged players to play and spend money on MineHeroes at no cost or effort for us. We simply just allowed players to do what ever you wanted with your account/progress for IRL cash at their own risk.

Over time, this has become more common with IRL trades happening multiple times a day which in turn is affecting competitions on Factions and SkyBlock and leading to scams. Many players have been getting scammed and ripped off and then make support tickets saying they lost their items or been chargebacked on.

Please vote and discuss below.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Prexay

Prexay Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    44d 18h
    Hero Level:
    ? BAE ?
    First!
    I have heard a lot about players being scammed and there is no admin to respond to their support tickets, leading to them being angry at the staff team. Stopping IRL trades will just benefit the server and you'd have fewer support tickets then if you kept it, which would ultimately help the community not get scammed as often. BUT I do know that some players sell in-game money to buy stuff from the mineheroes store, so this is kind of a 50/50, it just depends on what the community wants.

#2 Prexay, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  3. Nadela

Nadela Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Zume

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    145d 16h
    Hero Level:
    [WeeWoo]
    It increases pay 2 win things, but I'm fine with it. -1

• Savage Savage x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sixele

Sixele Member
    Supreme

Server:
    Play Time:
    40d 12h
    Hero Level:
    [TopIsland]
    Stopping IRL trades is a symptom of lazy staffing from the top down. It is not hard at all to maintain with proper admins and staff support. That said, if you're really set on not paying/hiring any new admins, keep IRL trading, but offer no guarantees on refunds or punishments for scamming.

There is NO reason to remove this part of the game, but if the staff feel too lazy to guarantee security for IRL trades, just remove that security. Players can take the risk themselves, ask people to middlemen, or just avoid it.

Shouldn't even be a discussion at this point.

#4 Sixele, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Tugey

Tugey Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    274d 16h
    Hero Level:
    Obviously IRL trading happens a ton on mineheroes, however I believe it should still be allowed, but only within the confines of the server, meaning only allowing IRL trades consisting of things on the mineheroes shop. Not only will this benefit the server but it will definitely be a little easier to track, even though I'm not for getting rid of IRL trading for paypal and other items because I do them, but there definitely should be some restrictions for safety.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Atak

Atak Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Hub2
    Play Time:
    175d 16h
    Hero Level:
    SurvivalOG
    Typical MineHeroes

#6 Atak, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    • GG GG x 2
  7. Nadela

Nadela Moderator

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    145d 16h
    Hero Level:
    [WeeWoo]
    It was banned decades ago, it was made allowed around a year or two back. I mean it broke the eco, I just do it for like vbucks or something. It's not a real serious thing in my opinion for money. But for breaking eco's or winning is top its broken. But I jus make extra money off of this and I mean, I don't mind it as the people who didn't win off of paypal trades aka buying islands will be praised like the last map, and won't be cheated out of their win from the community, the community actually recognizes people who were supposed to win or who should.

Also, I mean yea there should be some punishments for this, or we have staff trained to middleman irl trades. I personally do not do paypal middlemen just because I don't know how the chargeback things work but I do them personally(the trades).

Also, I don't like to see that you call people who do irl trades ''poor'' as I'm not ''poor'', I'm just bored and have extra items to sell for extra money, I'm not doing it for a full-time job. I personally only sell spawners cause I can buy those with in-game money, not autosells etc.

• Savage Savage x 1
  8. Starrinq_

Starrinq_ Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    506d 1h
    Hero Level:
    $ MoneyMaker $
    Personally, I'd like to see IRL trades become punishable again. It's really easy for some person to scam another player with "IRL currency," wayy more easier than your normal scamming.

But to be honest, the reason why lots of players may/may not want this punishable again is because they've made it a small little "business" for them. It's allowed players to make some real life money with little to no effort, and it's part of the reason why certain players on servers like Skyblock continue to play the server. Making it punishable may increase the likelihood of these players leaving the server for good. I can't speak for what happens on the back end of things, so if there's really a lot of reports of IRL scams happening then it's best if we make it punishable again.

And for those who don't realize, even if an IRL trade is successful, the person sending you paypal money can decide to chargeback at any time, even after trade is done. If you're doing it for an item in the MH store, then it gives a player of evil intentions an easy way to get you banned permanently! There are plenty of risks with IRL trades that it's difficult for staff to keep track of, and I'd personally hate to see a player be on the receiving end of said risks

9. Sixele

Sixele Member
    Supreme

Server:
    Play Time:
    40d 12h
    Hero Level:
    [TopIsland]
    You're overthinking it. All middlemanning requires is you holding onto the virtual items and once the paypal goes through and the person confirms it you give the paying party the items. Middlemen on deals like this wouldn't even have to hold any paypal balance at any point. Multiple non-staff have done this type of stuff before and it's brain-numbingly easy.

10. ImCedric

ImCedric Well-Known Member
    Titan

Server:
    Hub3
    Play Time:
    43d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Yes because I think irl trading can really give unfair advantages and it makes the server less money :d

11. Nadela

Nadela Moderator

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    145d 16h
    Hero Level:
    [WeeWoo]
    Yeah you rite
    Also, to the players who get scammed, scamming is bannable but there has to be 100% full proof that the person scammed you, things can be easily maniplulated. And especially with irl trading, you have to be safe, it's out of our control. I feel irl trades should be use at your own risk or do at your own risk. If you aren't afraid of getting scammed then irl trade easy as that

12. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    146d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Hype
    Good to know that our admin knows his own rules.
    #9.3: Selling Minecraft accounts is not allowed.

Aside from that I would support the ban of irl deals. My Island did a few irl deals and we used the money to put it back into the game. Some of my alt accounts are paid from this money and we also bought some global booster aka tokens with it. It always feels somehow wrong to do so.

But in regard of banning that, please do anounce that well before you do so. I would hate to see people banned because they did a thing that is fine now, but changed tommorow. This could happen for the next Server reset (not reboot).

• Savage Savage x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Sixele

Sixele Member
    Supreme

Server:
    Play Time:
    40d 12h
    Hero Level:
    [TopIsland]
    You always love to see it.

14. TrulyPurple

TrulyPurple Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    103d 1h
    Hero Level:
    I don’t see a problem with this, it’s just like the real market. You can easily get scammed anywhere... I personally gained all my ranks from trading so I might have a biased opinion. Irl trading should not be punished for, it’s a risk you’re willing to take... Go onto any store selling irl products, it is punishable to scam but trading items or virtual products for irl is not forbidden. The same should apply for MineHeroes, irl trading should remain the same. If you have proof of scam, you submit a report and include it in. Players should not pay with f&f, as it is a virtual product, if someone is scammed, you can just chargeback.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Slaydanoobs

Slaydanoobs Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    92d 23h
    Hero Level:
    ? LIGMA ?
    I don't think it should be removed since I feel we should be able to do whatever we want with the items we gain at are own risk. By the way if you do not have the extra mods/admins/helpers just don't replace stolen/scammed items I mean banning someone for irl trading should not be hard if they have all information proofing it .Its just nice to see the players ban for scamming to prevent them from scamming on the network again I think a lot of people can relate to this

P.s I agree with @Starrinq_ @Hokaras a few people including myself have made a little business off of this and is one of the many reasons I chose to buy top rank and other gkits here/choose to stay here all these years spending money xD. And should be punishable if charge backed when you have given them items as that's what you guys would do if someone charge backed on the server if i'm not right you can correct me :)

#15 Slaydanoobs, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018 at 3:05 AM
  16. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    146d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Hype
    If two player do a irl trade and one guy charges back the server has no costs at that point. As soon as you have to use staff that is paid, the server loses not just money that the player could have spent on the store, but also have to spent working time. So there is little benefit for mineheroes to have irl trades between players.
    If you charge back from the mineheroes store, they have instant costs. On the one hand charge back often costs money for service provider (mineheroes in this case). On the other hand just very specific staff can handle store stuff (just Wazez right now I think) so they have to spent effort to fix proplems that happen there too.

17. Slaydanoobs

Slaydanoobs Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    92d 23h
    Hero Level:
    ? LIGMA ?
    @Hokaras True enough I guess :) well I think they should just not replace the items that are stolen and just ask the helpers which are not paid to take a look at the chargeback case in most cases I have posted 3 screenshots max I imagine that cant take to much time to look over quickly is all my point. And its nice for the person that scammed to get ban so they cant do anything more toxic on the server I feel anyone that is that scummy enough to steal irl money/anything from someone deserves to be perma ban :p

#17 Slaydanoobs, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  18. PhantomJackfruit

Manos

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    90d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Trusted
    I feel that IRL trading should be allowed. Personally, I joined this server for the sole purpose that irl trades were allowed. This aspect became special and unique to Mineheroes what distinguished it from other networks that restricted this. IRL trades between players add many benefits, and only provides a few minor abnormalities in my opinion.
    Benefits of IRL trading:
    -Playerbase may continue to increase, since people are always searching for a place where they can start a small little business somewhere if they would like to.
    -People may become more active, in order to catch the sellers/buyers when they are online.
    -The money made off of IRL trading will benefit the MH network too, because many people (Such as me) sold in-game items for USD in order to purchase my ranks. IRL trading would ultimately generate MH more profit than it could lose, since more people around the network would have money to spend on the server that others would rather be unwilling to pay.
    -Tokens, ranks, server boosters, perks, and in-game item purchases from the Mineheroes store would surge at the start of every reset since players who wish to complete IRL trades will want to get a head start on their business (better than the other IRL dealers).
    -Players will have more respect for the Mineheroes network, as allowing IRL trading would show that the MH team is willing to take the responsibility to let players take their in-game wealth and convert it to useful cash.
    -The economy would be more active (whether you pay or not) since working towards getting better ways to make money (better warps, farm designs, advertisement opportunities, job requests) would become more creative as IRL trading adds another competitive aspect to servers.
    -Youtubers may join more often. A key thing about Youtubers/Streamers is that many of them like to form giveaways of IRL cash and allowing IRL trading would surely catch the eye of Youtubers/Streamers who come on the server (most of them come on at the start of a reset, when the IRL trading economy is at its peak).
    -More benefits exist, but for the sake of simplicity I will end it at this.
    Only a few disadvantages that would really provide an impact exist:
    -Staff would have extra player reports to investigate about, but solving those would just make the Mineheroes Network seem a lot more justified, responsible, and respectable.
    - Players would be hesitant to purchase things from the Mineheroes store. However, the money that people send to players for their in-game items will likely be spent on the Mineheroes store since many IRL traders including me hope to purchase ranks like Ultimate or Supreme by profits that come from their in-game efforts.

There will always be scammers anywhere, even Hotels get chargebacked for their rooms and that is just another part of the economy to embrace. What those businesses do however is not shutting down, but to prevent those clients who chargeback from charging back again and welcoming more customers. Quantity is better than Quality in terms of business (proven if you study business major during various units) because there is no way in this world to make a utopia where nothing goes wrong. IRL trading offers more benefits to the economy than it brings it down. The scammers get banned, and they won't come back again. However, the trustworthy people accumulate which is why economies on servers are still alive. If IRL trading was removed, it would become like a server that I had seen collapse before which the player-base started to decrease since people found no point in playing on the server if it did not benefit them in real life and the server eventually died.
    -Thanks for allowing me to post my opinions!

19. PhantomJackfruit

Manos

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    90d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Trusted
    But who wants to work for 20 hours a week when they are busy with their AP classes in their Junior year? Working officially just cuts down on your financial support u could get from the government to pay for College, at least the U.S. Furthermore, some players who I have seen sell (won't mention name) wanted to use the money to buy a tool to play Osu on, and another simply wanted a T-shirt. Not to mention some parents don't give allowances so IRL trading on MH is a big plus for them.

20. babycow773

babycow773 Well-Known Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    47d 5h
    Hero Level:
    seems like u want money (my opinion). everyones been juiced for there money. i think it still should be allowed. wats the point in the buycraft if u cant sell the items u buy for irl?