Factions Insiding Preventention Suggestions

Discussion in 'Accepted Suggestions' started by monkaTHINK, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkaTHINK

monkaTHINK Member
    Manos Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    115d 11h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [TOP RANK SMP]
    Discord Tag:
    PBJT#1337
    Accounts on the same IP should be linked to each other and displayed publicly on factions as a preventative measure for insiding. Although this will not completely get rid of insiding, I believe it is a healthy addition to the server because a faction may be able to prevent people from insiding by checking the acccounts that are linked. With the lack of staff being able to review player reports on insiding in a timely manner, I believe that additions are necessary to keep the game play in a healthy state. Otherwise, players could easily be insiding by gathering information on factions such as their base coordinates and the state of their base defense on an alt account that is inside a competitor. Overall, I believe in general that more steps need to be taken to reduce and prevent insiding in factions to create a healthy competitive environment such as raising the punishment on the players who inside. Personally, in my opinion, players who inside should have to sit out at least the entirety of the remainder of the map if done near the beginning of the map and the same current punishment of a permanent ban if done near the end.

2. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme Ultimate Elite

Server:
    OPFactions
    Play Time:
    758d 8h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Husband
    Some people would rather not have their alts known to the public. I understand its to help make insiding more difficult, but some players may use alts to avoid being harassed by other players on the network. Whether it be through discord, forums, in game messages or public chat.

On top of that, players can just pay someone from a "competitor" faction to inside for them. Getting an alt inside a really big, popular, and/or dominant faction is not all that easy (unless the faction owner just invites random people to faction). So most people just resort to paying someone (usually with PayPal money) to do the insiding for them

3. monkaTHINK

monkaTHINK Member
    Manos Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    115d 11h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [TOP RANK SMP]
    Discord Tag:
    PBJT#1337
    If you have a problem with harassment, there is a command called /ignore . If they continue to harass then you can report them due to rule 7.1. There are a variety of ways to block people. No player should have to be scared of harassment and if they are getting harassed then they should be taking measures to ignore the person and reporting the person/people doing the harassment. Furthermore, yes people can pay other players to inside for them which is why punishment for insiding should be way higher to deincentivize insiding. Competitiors may think twice about insiding for someone on the server if that means they are going to be removed for the rest of the map or a lot more than that.

4. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme Ultimate Elite

Server:
    OPFactions
    Play Time:
    758d 8h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Husband
    Also need to consider that this list would be public. You can use this on Factions to find out someone's alt(s) on Skyblock, or any other server. Some players use alts on different servers so they can PvP and stuff. Not to mention /ignore can be bypassed using alts, or better yet, the player will simply just call them out in chat about it. Then everyone will be getting in on whatever is going on. There's a reason why staff are the only ones allowed to check alts. So you could probably ask someone to check if there are any alts in your faction that belong to someone NOT in your faction

5. monkaTHINK

monkaTHINK Member
    Manos Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    115d 11h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [TOP RANK SMP]
    Discord Tag:
    PBJT#1337
    What impact does it have on players that use alts to pvp on different servers? Does it matter? Is it more important than a healthy state of competition for people that are actually competing?

If you are being harassed and they bypass /ignore include that in your report or add players to your report. It's like real life, what do you do at your university or school if someone is bothering you, you report them and they get punished. It should be as simple as that. No player should fear harassment and harassment should not be something that impedes competition.

6. CullanP

CullanP Developer
    Staff Member Developer

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    255d 21h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    #BlameDevs
    I like this idea, I'll be making a few changes to this and adding it to the server, rather than seeing ALL alts, it would only show accounts that are apart of another faction with a name, this would allow you to see if someone is apart of another bigger faction. Alongside this I will show previous factions that player was apart of so players can't abuse by leaving their faction to try to abuse this feature.

Thank you for submitting a suggestion thread.

We have looked at your idea and have decided to implement it into our network.

Take note that, although this suggestion has been accepted, there is no set date as to when it will be implemented.

Feel free to post more suggestions at www.mineheroes.net/forums/suggest

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.