Global In addition to the hopper whitelist, a blacklist option would also be useful

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by wat_u_doin, Jan 4, 2019.

1. wat_u_doin

wat_u_doin Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    60d 14h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    SkyblockOG
    Discord Tag:
    wat_u_doin#8091
    Currently you can restrict a hopper to only pickup a single item. This addition has been extremely useful, however in certain farms it would be much more simpler to have blacklist option which means any item except that specific blacklisted item can pass through.

I feel this would be a simple, yet useful change for all servers

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nadela

Nadela Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    156d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    iUHC Winneri
    Discord Tag:
    Nadela#8671
    do you mean like if a mob drops like 3 things you can blacklist 2 and keep 1?

3. _Ashenfall_

_Ashenfall_ Active Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    250d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Ashenfall#1262
    I had this exact same thought a couple of weeks ago when I was attempting (and failing at) setting up a solid-state item sorting system. I've always decked out my bases in vanilla with auto-sorting, and I've been missing the feature since I started playing here with the wonky redstone circuit limiters and the upgradeable hoppers. When I saw in the changelog that the hopper filter pulling from inventory thing was fixed, I was hopeful that I could now create a workable system...

So far no joy. I can use the water/ice track to perform sorting functions, but I prefer the predictability of stateful and lossless systems like hoppers and redstone. No proper sorting system should be subject to Clearlag's whimsical "F* UR L33T PIK HAHA" attitude.

That's when I thought about a seemingly simple solution... The very thing that wat_u_doin pointed out in this post. If we had blacklist ability...Even a very rudimentary toggle for whitelist/blacklist mode would make a simple and efficient sorting system:
    Code:
    INPUT
    |
    V
    --------DOUBLE CHEST----
    <|WL ITEMX<>BL ITEMX|>
     V                                   V
    Sorted item.............---DOUBLE CHEST---
    ...............................<|WL ITEMY<>BL ITEMY|>

4. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    292d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    Discord Tag:
    Hokaras#9730
    For this case a whitelist is the solution. If you take villagers for example. They drop emeralds, wheat and xp bottles. You can't sell the bottles so it would be bad if they would come into asc. If you had a blacklist option you just would filter xp bottles and everything else could go into the hopper/chest.

5. Atak

Atak Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    274d 3h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    SurvivalOG
    A suggestion that was about being able to filter multiple items on one hopper has recently been accepted by Wazez.