Skyblock Improvements to harvester chests

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hokaras, Jan 11, 2019.

?

Which solution do you like the best?

1. Don't touch them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Auto sell harvester chest

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Hopper support

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Replant button

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Time stop ability

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    178d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Harvester chests are not worth the work right now. If you afk a field and use a harvester chest in that chunk that chest will fill up and the crops will grow. If the crops are fully grow the harvester chest does no longer detect those crops and will just start harvesting if you replace them.
    I have a few solutions that could make those chests usefull again.

1. Add a auto sell harvester chest that sells the crops that it harvests just like a auto sell chest. This would prevent plants or growing to the last growth state as long as the player that placed the chest is online.
    2. Add hopper support for harvester chests. This way player could make a storage system and sell item by hand, sell wand, sell sign or asc.
    3. Add a feature to the harvester chest that replants all the crops in the chunk, without giving loot or costing anything. That mean the growth state of every plant is reset to 0 which allows them to grow again, without planting every crops again. The no loot part is to prevent abuse. This could be added as a new level of harvester chest lvl 4 feature or something.
    4. I really don't know how to call this. Lets say give the harvester chest a "time stop" abiltiy. If the chest is full it prevents any crops in the chunk to grow any more. That means you will not come back to fully grown fields that have to be replanted they will just be frozen in time any accept no more growth ticks until the chest is emptied. This could also be a chest lvl up.
    I don't want that those feature are added. Those are just my ideas how to improve harvester chests. If anyone has better solutions feel free to post the below or in a seperate post.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. vivek1011

vivek1011 Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    13d 15h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    I would love it if this feature was added!

3. Anliv

Anliv Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    23d 17h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Good idea of you Hokaras, at the moment I do not like harvester chests at all and they are certainly not worth buying in my eyes. I think if these features are added that harvester chests are going to be better. +1

#3 Anliv, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hokaras

Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    178d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    That why I give 4 different ideas. Like I state above they should do just 1 or 2 of these not all.

5. novajnior

novajnior Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    86d 17h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    I personally have never used these Harvester chests, but from what I gathered from this thread the best way that I see is for harvester chests to recognize fully grown crops and harvest them as well. Another thing that would seem to make these harvester chests better is to allow hoppers to take out items as the OP said.
    I would definitely like to see these changes made. +1

6. Hokaras

Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    178d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    I kinda forget the easiest fix.
    Allow fully grown crops to be harvestest, that mean all the plants that can't be harvested right now.