Skyblock Improvements to harvester chests

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hokaras, Jan 11, 2019.

?

Which solution do you like the best?

1. Don't touch them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Auto sell harvester chest

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Hopper support

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Replant button

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Time stop ability

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    292d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    Discord Tag:
    Hokaras#9730
    Harvester chests are not worth the work right now. If you afk a field and use a harvester chest in that chunk that chest will fill up and the crops will grow. If the crops are fully grow the harvester chest does no longer detect those crops and will just start harvesting if you replace them.
    I have a few solutions that could make those chests usefull again.

1. Add a auto sell harvester chest that sells the crops that it harvests just like a auto sell chest. This would prevent plants or growing to the last growth state as long as the player that placed the chest is online.
    2. Add hopper support for harvester chests. This way player could make a storage system and sell item by hand, sell wand, sell sign or asc.
    3. Add a feature to the harvester chest that replants all the crops in the chunk, without giving loot or costing anything. That mean the growth state of every plant is reset to 0 which allows them to grow again, without planting every crops again. The no loot part is to prevent abuse. This could be added as a new level of harvester chest lvl 4 feature or something.
    4. I really don't know how to call this. Lets say give the harvester chest a "time stop" abiltiy. If the chest is full it prevents any crops in the chunk to grow any more. That means you will not come back to fully grown fields that have to be replanted they will just be frozen in time any accept no more growth ticks until the chest is emptied. This could also be a chest lvl up.
    I don't want that those feature are added. Those are just my ideas how to improve harvester chests. If anyone has better solutions feel free to post the below or in a seperate post.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. vivek1011

vivek1011 Member
    Legend

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    17d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    I would love it if this feature was added!

3. _LilStxrry

_LilStxrry Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    46d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ? Valentines ?
    Discord Tag:
    Anliv#0001
    Good idea of you Hokaras, at the moment I do not like harvester chests at all and they are certainly not worth buying in my eyes. I think if these features are added that harvester chests are going to be better. +1

#3 _LilStxrry, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hokaras

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    292d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    Discord Tag:
    Hokaras#9730
    That why I give 4 different ideas. Like I state above they should do just 1 or 2 of these not all.

5. novajnior

novajnior Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    91d 16h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    novajnior#3584
    I personally have never used these Harvester chests, but from what I gathered from this thread the best way that I see is for harvester chests to recognize fully grown crops and harvest them as well. Another thing that would seem to make these harvester chests better is to allow hoppers to take out items as the OP said.
    I would definitely like to see these changes made. +1

6. Hokaras

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    292d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    Discord Tag:
    Hokaras#9730
    I kinda forget the easiest fix.
    Allow fully grown crops to be harvestest, that mean all the plants that can't be harvested right now.

7. Hokaras

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    292d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    Discord Tag:
    Hokaras#9730
    Can we got some more votes on this?

8. Hokaras

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    292d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    Discord Tag:
    Hokaras#9730
    Cullan asked for sb ideas this is one

9. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    704d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Explorer
    I sent to AJ (since he was one who said they made harvesters) and he'll look at it at his time. I do think these ideas should be added

10. AJhandler

AJhandler Developer

Server:
    Play Time:
    29d 9h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    #BlameDevs
    Discord Tag:
    AJHandler#6604
    Added level 3 auto-selling for Supreme only. Will see how it does and change the interval/rank depending on how things go.

• Like Like x 1
  11. trigzdurr

trigzdurr Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    89d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Skyblock2OG
    @AJhandler Thanks so much for finally making this change. These poor chests have been cast into the shadows for far too long, hopefully this'll bring them into the limelight a bit ! :)

However, If i understand correctly, it's currently available to supreme on a sort of pre-release phase? If so could you release it to the public (if thats the plan) ASAP as harvester's chest usefulness will likely fade quickly as the economy develops, and given the stage it has been released at, this is simply a ludicrous boost to supreme players.

As a sidenote, given that the choice you made was to add an ASC function, perhaps there should be a price increase in /shop to match the newfound value for balancing purposes?

Great work on implementing this so fast after you saw it though! Hope its working okay.

#11 trigzdurr, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  12. plaos

plaos New Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    53d 2h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    plaos#6023
    @AJhandler I am sorry but this doesnt really fix it for 99% of people playing. It is a good step, that you worked on it and managed to find a way that works. But this should definitely be an ingame no real money needed fix. If you dont want everyone to have autosell, allow hoppers to take items from the chest, or make 4th level upgrade for auto sell with /bal money. Please consider this, harvesters can become great alternative for starting players but you have to make it accessible to regular players, not only those who can pay 180 dollars for supreme rank :(

edit: my new thread regarding suggestions for harvester chest
    https://www.mineheroes.net/threads/farming-as-option-for-bal-making.30956/#post-151970

#12 plaos, Apr 24, 2019
  13. babycow773

babycow773 Well-Known Member
    Legend

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    56d 16h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    babycow773#5577
    finnaly supreme has some good perks

• Like Like x 1
  14. trigzdurr

trigzdurr Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    89d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Skyblock2OG
    Soo just to be clear.
    Harvester chests cost 750,000 to make. The dirt and sugar costs 20k per level if we are being generous, and we are allowed 5 chests per island, with 19 alts that makes 100 chests. Each of these chests make around 16,000 per tick (2min tick) that is approximately 11,520,000 per day per chest, or 1,152,000,000 per day per player, at a total cost of 100,000,000.

This means that for every $1,000 spent, you are earning approximately $11,520 per day.

For a similar amount of money you could buy for example 72 guardian spawners ($108mil), long thought to be one of the most efficient in terms of value for money, which will bring in approximately... $20,160,000 per day. Meaning that for every $1,000 spent you earn $535 per day.

So a supreme perk grants access to a farm which not only costs nearly nothing, but gives 20x more value for money than anyone else can access.

Whilst I understand that these numbers are estimates, and that this is a "work in progress" and "changes will be made". I think a real question is why it was ever released with no forethought of effects on the economy. At the time of writing the entire economy of sb2 is 96million. You are effectively giving access to someone to make 10x that per day by about tomorrow, and you have chosen to do this not even at release, but a few days in, after it was common knowledge how effective sugar cane farms could be, and worst of all it has this untested and poorly thought out change has been added at a time when it will break the economy most.

It is pretty common knowledge that exponential growth is a characteristic/problem of the Skyblock economy. For example if two people, A and B are playing, and these two people do everything the same for 2 weeks, putting all their income back into pig spawners, they'll have the same income after 2 weeks. However, if person A starts off with an extra 5 pig spawners than person B. By the end of 2 weeks person A will have a lot more than 5 spawners extra due to the initial boost in income allowing person A to buy more pig spawners. This has always made it hard for most people in the server to catch up to those who used their buycraft, or worked hard at the beginning. However, it has been achieved.

The problem is that in the scenario you made today, you're not giving person A 5 extra pig spawners. You're giving them 76 IGS per day extra for the rest of the reset. Even if you put an excessive 80% tax on the Autosell function, thats still 15 IGS per day. Take a moment to think about how that will effect balancing, and whether people will continue to want to play in that economy? Add to this the fact you can use a single alt to AFK your cactus farm as well as a mob spawner grinder.

Even if the current system is in place for a couple days for testing purposes, the effects on the economy will basically destroy it for the rest of the reset if people are willing to take advantage of it. So I highly suggest you either A) remove it until you have a think about the repercussions B) immediately change it or C) possibly the only logical option: open this feature to the entire community.

Otherwise, could you make a proper announcement about your intentions with this; feature?
    @AJhandler @CullanP @Wazez

15. Hokaras

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    292d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    Discord Tag:
    Hokaras#9730
    Those number are pretty off. You need to buy a harvester chest for 750k and upgrade it twice for 250k so it costs 1mil in total. Sugarcane costs about 15,625 and dirt 25 which makes rounded 41 per block. 1 chunk is 16x16 which means per layer you need to pay 16x16x41 which is 10496. You can place 1 layer once every 3 blocks so 256/3 = 85,3333 lets round it down to 84 layers per chest. Currently the island owner is the only player that gets the auto sell ticks, which means 1 supreme player = 5 chests. Each of these chests sell once every 10 sec. Each of these chests has 45 slots. That are 2880 items. 2880 sugarcane is worth 10800 without any perks. Add the 1,5x sell perk + 10% dragon egg and you have 17820 per full chest. If this chest gets full once every 10 sec you would make 106920 per minute which is 6415200 per hour which is 153964800 per day which is just with 1 chest. right now you can have up to 5 that means 769.824.000 per day.
    Edit: Auto sell tax applies so *0,8 which is still 615.859.200 per day

#15 Hokaras, Apr 24, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. trigzdurr

trigzdurr Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    89d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Skyblock2OG
    Thanks for clarifying the numbers @Hokaras and wow i was way off! nonetheless, I think we can agree that is a pretty ridiculous return on investment when we compare it to any other form of money making.

• Agree Agree x 1