Survival Idea's for a new season

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by freakiebeakie, Feb 9, 2019.

?

using a more friendly plugin to claim land and prevent griefing YES or NO?

1. Yes, i would like a more friendly and easy to use plugin to claim land and prefent griefing

40.0%
  2. No, i want to keep using the factions plugin, i like it as it is right now

60.0%
  1. freakiebeakie

freakiebeakie Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    21d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Freakiebeakie#9388
    Hello :),

i play on mineheroes since a few weeks and i like the community.
    I checked almost everything except the pvp cos i suck at it :D

My favorite is by far Survival, i played survival on a few servers , been mod for survival on a server.
    Compared to the other servers i have played on i have the say that mineheroes survival does not really feel like survival. The server has no natural spawning animals or mobs and is divided in 3 worlds.

the plotworld is the strangest for me, it feels like creative but i can not use gamemodes.
    If i look at the whole setup i think it has something to do with the factions plugin that is used to claim ground. and i think that the plugin gives more problems since it is not made for a friendly non pvp server like survival. corect me if i am wrong but i think that the fact that lava does not flow is one of these things. and that is a shame because lava is a thing that is used a lot to build grinders etc.

Now about the idea that i have after playing survival for a while on mineheroes.

Why not use the griefprevention plugin ? https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/griefprevention.1884/
    It is made for survival, it is super easy to use. it prevents almost everything. for example, chests are always save on your claim, don't need signs, you can give people access to chests if you want or doors only. lava or water can not flow from or in to a claim so it can not be abused for griefing. it uses claimblocks to claim ground and you use a golden shovel to claim. you see the claim borders when you claim and can adjust it super fast and easy. a nice thing is that you can give people extra claimblocks when they vote. you can give each rank an amount of claimblocks to start with (higer rank, more blocks) that way it is interesting for players to buy a higher rank since they get more claimblocks to start with.
    you can sell claimblocks in the store for the people who have a rank but need more blocks and are willing to pay for it.

one thing i also like about the plugin is the fact that you can create a claim in a claim. super cool to create towns with (be the major of your own town! :) ). i think that when you use this plugin the whole plotworld can be skipped. if you also skip the resource world you can just create one bigger world where people can do everything , i believe it brings the survival community together even more. it gives opportunities for mineheroes to get income from it by selling more ranks/claimblocks. if you ask me it is a winwin situation :p. i also think that more new players will stay playing on the mineheroes survival server with this plugin. i see a lot of new players come and go and a lot stop after a few days because they feel lonely. people do not invite strangers in their faction because it is dangerous and you need to make everything private etc. with griefprevention it is no problem to create a town and play together without having to worry about your hoppers/chests.

let me know what you think about this idea and/or add things that you think will make survival a nicer experience for everybody.

i never made a poll so help me if i did something wrong :D i am very curious what the outcome will be.

2. Valgari

Valgari Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    116d 12h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    ButterflyBliss#8635
    I have seen both ways plugins and have to say i like this way of Survival claiming . it is easier for new players to understand and all you have to do is /f create and /f claim you can also claim more land by doing /f claim auto and walking around. You can also see your chunks that you are claiming by doing /f sc. The faction based survival commands are easy to use and are easy to access by doing /f help. The golden shovel way while maybe good will sometimes confuse players on how to actually use it and block radius for claiming iit directionally.. I have to say i prefer the way it is sorry!

3. _LilStxrry

_LilStxrry Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    46d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    SurvivalOG
    Discord Tag:
    Anliv#0001
    I’ve seen a lot of players who complain about the factions plugin. Most of the new players join the server and they immediately think that it is a faction server cause there is a faction plugin. This plugin is really handy when it comes to claiming, in my opinion there couldn’t be a better one. Once you understand the plugin, it becomes really easy to work with. The plot world is mainly used right now to build farms such as Cactus farms, I would not like to see if the plot world gets removed because it is really handy if you want to test out things, or build huge things, shops. The point of Survival is gaining money, building and getting a rich faction. Although, I do have to say that the Survival on MineHeroes is a bit different than other Survivals. But, it is your choice if you like it or not. Also, the lava flow has been disabled to prevent griefing/killing, other players. There has been recently a change that you can use lava buckets right now, but the reason why you had to place it with dispensers back in the days is that they don’t want people to kill each other with lava. Personally, I can’t work with the gold shovel plugin it is difficult for me to work with that. The factions plugin is also made so you can make groups with your friends and/or strangers. And I also don’t think that they will not remove the resource world, because most people got Burst 1/2 so it will be a complete mess if they mine in the main world. This was my opinion about your idea’s, I like some of them but not everything.

#3 _LilStxrry, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  4. freakiebeakie

freakiebeakie Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    21d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Freakiebeakie#9388
    I dont understand that people find the griefprevention plugin more difficult then the factions one. that plugin is actually made for survival and i really think more people will stick if we use the golden shovel . Butterfly is saying that you can type /f help but if you type the word claim in chat while the griefprevention plugin is active it will give you a link to a really awesome video of the developer showing in a easy to understand video what you can do with the plugin. and the argument of the plotworld that it is easy to try out stuff i suggest to use creative server, you then can also use worldedit to create stuff much faster. survival should not be about who has the richest faction because it is not factions. that is really for factions. cool thing about survival in one world is that it really brings the community more together. i never ever explored the plot world because it is a boring flat world. i normally dont get bored fast but i dont think i will stay more then one season with this setup. just because it does not feel like survival. all gamemodes are about the same thing on mineheroes . get a pile of spawners , go afk with 10 alts and become the richest. survival is normally about building an awsome claim terraformed into a nice world with all kind of farms. and building together creating towns etc. i see so many new people who have to create their own faction because noone is letting them in .and after a week they are gone.

its a shame that people get stuck in one thing so fast and are scared for changes.
    if nothing changes then it will probably be my first and last season here.