Website / Other How to keep MineHeroes from going down

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Spixe50000, May 16, 2018.

?

Will we have more moderators?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    90.5%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Spixe50000

Spixe50000 Member
    Elite

Mine Heroes is still slowly going down. I'm not saying the server is bad it's just that there aren't enough moderators. All of the bigger servers have moderators like sky block 1 and survival 1 but all the not as popular ones don't have any moderators so they are dying and mine heroes is going down quicker and quicker.

Mine heroes just needs to add moderators to the smaller servers because people are saying bad stuff and nobody is there to stop it. Remember to /report it if anything bad happens.

2. Arteezy

Arteezy Well-Known Member
    Gyra

A server doesn’t die because of they are lacking staff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Arjunn_

Arjunn_ Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Zume

The server will not die from a lack of staff, but there are other factors at this time which are contributing to the lower player count.

Minecraft as a game is getting less popular, and lots of players are busy with exams at this time of year. The player count should increase soon as summer is coming and resets are scheduled for most of the core gamemodes.

Staff applications are now open 24/7 and there are new helpers already, so the mod count will be increasing soon. We can only have staff on the smaller servers if people apply for those servers and are suitable for the position, however, we as staff members try and staff on the less popular servers as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Madelean

Madelean Well-Known Member
    Gyra

It's actually not. If you were to do any research you'd find that Minecraft had the largest number of accounts used in March of all time. Although these reports show the main growth is in Minecraft Pocket Edition, and Minecraft Console Edition, Minecraft as a game is not dying or becoming less popular. The modded community is thriving right now, but Mineheroes and many 1.7.10 servers such as Badlion and Velt are seeing less and less players due to the fact that is not the community that Mojang is focused on catering to.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nadela

Nadela Helper
    Staff Member Helper Zume

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

As long as the server can maintain the amount of donations it gets every month, the server will be fine. It's just the playerbase that should probably be looked into, and something like that is pretty hard to fix considering the lack of interest players are showing now and days to not only MineHeroes, but perhaps Minecraft in general

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cqrbon

Cqrbon Well-Known Member
    Gyra Ultimate

A decreasing playerbase will always be a cause of concern, especially for players like myself who genuinely care about the state of the server. However, I think that the next few weeks should really help with this issue. Resets for multiple servers are coming up, which always draws lots of new players. Staff applications are now open 24/7, and three shiny new Helpers just got recruited. I think there were some issues over the past month, but now we can look forward to the future as MineHeroes will start to grow again. :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Spixe50000

Spixe50000 Member
    Elite

I get where your all coming from but the staff would really help the lower grade servers, don't you think?

9. Leaxvx

Leaxvx Well-Known Member
    Manos

I know the staff team is pretty small at the moment, but don't worry, staff applications are open 24/7 now and we've already gained a few new staff members :)

10. coolman40904

coolman40904 Member
    Ultimate

well we dont need to reset the sb1 but we need more youtubers and other people to come to the server

11. DU100

DU100 Member
    Titan

guys it's quite simple to keep it alive. we need a popular youtuber to play on this server and he/she will make it popular and in theory Mineheroes will never die.

12. ferihon

ferihon Well-Known Member
    Manos

It obviously has to do a little bit with the staff team. If the playerbase doesn't like the staff then they're not going to want to play. If they don't feel as if they are helping and perceive them to be against the playerbase, it as a whole will decrease. This of course, is not the only reason for the decrease in players. As other people have mentioned minecraft players are losing interest in the types of gamemodes we possess, as well as the overall atmosphere of the server concept. For certain there are many other factors contributing, but those are few.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Vineet

Vineet Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Most accurate thing you've said so far xD

14. Sircled

Sircled Well-Known Member
    Manos

People who are staff I’m not gonna say names. Follow the rules word for word. If the staff team were a little less stricter people would like to be here. Also a huge piece is favoritism. Yes I know for factions that you may be in the same faction as the person going against the rules but that doesn’t mean leave it alone. Also the favoritism needs to stop when a faction player tells the staff that something happened and that staff player just automatically agrees with that person. And does a little bit of digging so cover it up.

15. coolman40904

coolman40904 Member
    Ultimate

I think the staff is a good chunk of the problem but also that we dont have a main Youtuber or Streamer. (to staff) Also Dont Move the reset up just cus the new people are falling behind.

16. Badela

Badela Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

More people should start playing around summer. I know for a fact that people have exams and are busy with school right now as that’s actually the case with me (I’ve logged on once/twice in the past month). The staff team is a cause for concern however I do believe that the 24/7 applications have a good chance of fixing it. The main problem with the server, in my eyes, is the necessary/wanted updates instead of random stuff that nobody really asked for.

• Like Like x 1
  17. thunderwood2003

honestly just post the ip on twitter and yt lol

18. Epic_Fantasy

Epic_Fantasy Well-Known Member
    Zume

In all personally Mineheroes is heading in a new direction it's hard to say if it will pay off or not have to wait and see

19. Codds2

Codds2 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Zume

In my opinion it is not the staff, trust me we take care of everything that needs to be taken care of on every server. The problem is because the new players just don’t have a drive to stay on Mineheroes and that is what we need to fix.

20. Wito

Wito Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Maybe if you can follow MH rules yourself before trying to impose them to the player base, a great chance they will change minds about many things. Just saying.