Play with
other players on
mineheroes.net

Hello heroes!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ralph20002, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Ralph20002

Ralph20002 Warrior

Hello heroesI have a few things to say.1. What I want to say is;I think that the staff team should be doing some Dutch people in the staff team because; If you have a few Dutch people in the staff team you will get more people on the server, "then wazez earns more money" and if you are a Dutchman, they can say their problem in Dutch because dutchers do not intercept the staffs and vice versa so my Advice is to give a Dutchman a staff, I do not need to be a helper myself, but I do not think it's great, but it does not matter. Many Dutch people leave the server for the reason because there is no Dutchman in the staff teamIf you help me make sure that new Dutch people come to the server and then I can help them in Dutch. It is useful in the game and on the forums.I hope you agree with this. I do not know that it is accept / denied

2. I have another idea for the skyblocks that is a kind of plugin if you place blocks on the island you can do something .. and then you see how much dirt, diamond, stoneAnd other things than you can see how many blocks of a particular thing have been posted it will be useful I find this a bit difficult to erase because itEnglish is xDI hope to get a message soon!Greetings ralph

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FuriousFruit

FuriousFruit Royal Guard
    Ultimate Gyra

Agreed
    Every race should be welcome to the staff team (not saying staff is racist or anything)
    If you're fluent in Dutch, you can help other Dutch players and help grow the playerbase

3. Ryad

Ryad Warrior
    Ultimate

Yes i do agree that more dutch people should be on the staff team

But however the staff apps are open to dutch players aswell and some did apply but did not reach the expectations of the staff, they can't just let every Dutchman that applies on the staff team? And also if they can't speak fluent English they could play on a dutch server or a server that doesn't require much talking not to be mean or anything ,but you have made a good point

4. FuriousFruit

FuriousFruit Royal Guard
    Ultimate Gyra

That's kinda discriminative

5. Ryad

Ryad Warrior
    Ultimate

Not really if there having language communication problems they could if they want yes this could be a fix but if they want they could. One of my best friends on MH is dutch also

6. JockAG

JockAG Recruit
    Legend

I agree even though i'm not Dutch i feel like that should happen a little more the whole some staff members being foreign or speaking/reading/writng in foreign launguages

7. Ralph20002

Ralph20002 Warrior

thnx <3 not wait to staff xD

8. KweenKat

KweenKat Warrior
    Titan Manos

not only dutch ? i mean, more foreign language speakers as staff would be good in general.

9. JFX

JFX War Hero

The top 3 players on the MineHeroes network are from:
    1. United States.
    2. United Kingdom.
    3. Canada.
    So I don't see that recruiting Dutch staff members are necessary/needed since the most of players on the MineHeroes network are speaking English. Sorry but -1.

*Requesting move to the Suggestions section.
    *Feel free to share an other ideas/suggestions if you already haven't.

#9 JFX, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  10. JockAG

JockAG Recruit
    Legend

JFK
    thats a little harsh because then Dutch players wont be able to play mineheroes

• Like Like x 1
  11. JFX

JFX War Hero

But I've not seen much Dutch players on the server. It could be French and Spanish players.

12. Reflective

Reflective Sr. Moderator
    Staff Member Sr. Moderator Ultimate Zume

I see where you're coming from with this, but you need to remember that this is an English speaking server. Yes, being fluent in another language would be beneficial, but you also need to be fluent in English in order to communicate with the staff team and the majority of the player base. A lot of applicants who don't speak English as their first language usually aren't as fluent as we'd expect from a staff member, which is part of the reason their applications are denied.

We do have some staff members who can speak languages besides English, including French, Spanish, Italian, and German. I believe there are also at least 2 staff members who are trying to learn Dutch in their free time. Speaking these languages are definitely beneficial, but English is more important as this is an English speaking server. The staff team communicates in English (most of the time), so you will struggle to get your point across if you can't speak English fluently.

Your second suggestion would most likely cause quite a lot of lag. It would be quite resource-intensive to calculate how many of each block are present on an island when you run a command, so I don't see it being added.

#12 Reflective, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Perkins

Perkins Royal Guard
    Ultimate

Replace "Dutch" with your nationality/foreign language of choice and you see the problem arise; there's way too many different potential demographics to be able to properly cater for them all, especially when so few make up any significant portion of your playerbase

Being pragmatic you'd give preference to finding Mandarin + Hindi-speaking staff considering that they are some of the most spoken languages worldwide
    how so?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ryad

Ryad Warrior
    Ultimate

Good point u put that nicely, I agree

15. Ralph20002

Ralph20002 Warrior

@Reflective Hello i know what i mean,i can spreak good english that is'nt it problem

16. Reflective

Reflective Sr. Moderator
    Staff Member Sr. Moderator Ultimate Zume

Sorry, but your English currently isn't to the standard we'd expect from a staff member. I sometimes struggle to understand what you're saying when you message me in-game, so I currently don't think you'd cope well in a staffing environment on this server. you work on improving, you may have a chance of being accepted in the future.

17. UnGable

UnGable Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Ultimate

I'm going to guess that you mean we accept more Dutch people overall? If you don't mean this, then I don't see how having one Dutch person on the staff team will help. For starters, they'd be bombarded with questions from other Dutch people, and they wouldn't understand anything English speaking (Or any other languages) people have to say.
    Let alone, this wouldn't help us at all ("Us" being - the staff team). We're trying our best with staff communication, however, we'd be making this more difficult if you couldn't understand a word anyone else is saying. I'm not saying that we won't ever accept a Dutch (Or even just Dutch speaking) person, I'm just saying that there are more negatives than positives with this suggestion. It may be convenient for the Dutch-speaking players of the server, but it would be mighty inconvenient for the rest of the staff team.

In case that didn't convince you, here's something else to think about:

MineHeroes is an English-based server.

Nonetheless, we appreciate you sharing your ideas, but I just highly doubt that we'd focus on adding a Dutch-only Staff member/s. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ryad

Ryad Warrior
    Ultimate

Agreed even in the title did u mean to say hello Mineheroes?

19. UnGable

UnGable Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Ultimate

I'm pretty sure they meant to put "Hello heroes!". It's sort of our thing. Look through the previous announcements for less confusion :p

20. Ryad

Ryad Warrior
    Ultimate

Ohhh never heard of that, thanks for letting me know:)

Nick ImIrish
    Find me on survival 1
    New to the server or need help? /msg Ryad my Inbox is always open
    Looking for a Survival 1 reset
    Ign Ryad