Factions Gapple cooldown on factions.

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by 2Big, Nov 30, 2018.

?

Gapple cooldown

1. No

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Yes (45 sec-1min)

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  1. 2Big

2Big Well-Known Member
    Legend

Server:
    Factions
    Play Time:
    82d 8h
    Hero Level:
    i Casper i
    I seriously believe that there needs to be a golden apple cooldown on factions Mars. I'm in the f top faction so I have literally the best gear that this server has to offer, sharp 7's, p5 maxed custom enchant sets, everything, the whole 9 yards(odd flex I know). The fact that if someone has an inventory full of regular diamond armor, or what most people are using, protection 3 unbreaking 3 from /warp xp, can survive with 1 stack of gaps until 6 helmets break, because they can stay alive forever with the golden apple regen. If I grind and obtain the best gear that your server has to offer, and can be out lasted by pvpers with ranks that just join because they can get unlimited protection 3 unbreaking 3 and a stack of gaps? That's not okay. Fights last 20 minuets at times because of how much armor people have to bring, because the only way most people die is if they run out of armor, on occasion you'll quick drop someone, but as it is right now, I could dominate someone in pvp, and get 2 times the hits on them, and because they have gaps it'll never matter, they're inadvisable. This strategy makes grinding good sets pointless, because if I kill them, I use more resources than they do and they can come back in 5 mins and do it all over again. There needs to be a gapple cooldown, a short one, 45 seconds to 1 min would do it, simply so that people can't live off of them and there is some skill required with staying alive that isn't just making sure your armor doesn't break while you don't have regen and you're making sure you're eating a gap every 27 seconds.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. ToXicZx_

ToXicZx_ Well-Known Member
    Supreme

Server:
    Play Time:
    22d 5h
    Hero Level:
    [TopFaction]
    Tried to get any sort of cooldown added but it got denied by the one and only CullanP. "Mineheroes will never have a gapple cooldown" so no point trying.

3. 2Big

2Big Well-Known Member
    Legend

Server:
    Factions
    Play Time:
    82d 8h
    Hero Level:
    i Casper i
    Yeah I've asked for it too but I feel like it needs it now more than ever with these kids wearing 7 sets of p3 gaping every 25 seconds

4. ImNear

ImNear Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    60d 14h
    Hero Level:
    there's already been a suggestion about this.

https://www.mineheroes.net/threads/add-gapple-cooldown.24374/

5. ToXicZx_

Supreme

Server:
    Play Time:
    22d 5h
    Hero Level:
    [TopFaction]
    Funny how your fac are the only ones to chug but you want it disabled...

6. 2Big

2Big Well-Known Member
    Legend

Server:
    Factions
    Play Time:
    82d 8h
    Hero Level:
    i Casper i
    not all of us chug, and we aren't nearly the only ones, you guys do, Taliban does, Anime does, everyone.

7. Starrinq_

Starrinq_ Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    506d 1h
    Hero Level:
    $ MoneyMaker $
    What if we like.. Make god apples how they are in 1.9+ (In later updates of MC, they made it so god apples do not give regeneration 5 anymore, and instead give like 4-6 hearts of absorption instead). Gapple cool down was denied in past so maybe we can suggest ways to nerf the effects of it so people won't be able to last long chugging them down

8. Madelean

Madelean Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    22d 16h
    Hero Level:
    [4thofJuly]
    This convo goes back to when I played factions and even before.

Back when I played, I don't recall the faction but I know that it was mainly Knowledge's faction and BigFatFob/Crqnberry's faction that would chug gapples. Since PvP was more of a thing back then, it was a largely debated topic where they decided not to implement the gapple cooldown. In my opinion, there are pros and cons to implementing it but I'll go over some main points that I think should factor into today's factions.

Skill ~~

PvP is a skill based gamemode. Without practice, people generally don't have the skill to play factions PvP using pots and soups. Therefore, they chug gapples. Without a cooldown, both players can freely chug gapples until the other player is out. This diminishes a lot of skill required to play factions.
    There's both positives and negatives to this.
    The positives being, you can have unskilled players playing at the same level making it fun for them. This is a good way for players to learn how to pvp. With new and upcoming players there may be in the future more competitiveness throughout the server. I believe a good time to do this would have been roughly August or September of 2017. Many new players were coming into factions and many new factions were looking to make a name for themselves.

While there are positives there remain negatives to the cooldown. The negatives being that, when enough players reach the skill level that it takes in order to pvp this way, pvp becomes boring and repetitive. There's no drama and it's roughly the same thing every time. There becomes less and less skill required and it becomes monotonous. Therefore once a peak is reached and enough players pvp competitively, a cooldown should be implemented.

I believe that Mineheroes missed this time where enough players were skilled and saw a decrease in PvP on factions to the point that it's almost become an economy only gamemode.

Armor ~~

The only pro that I can see of this is that players with less armor, armor that isn't god sets, can finally have a chance to play with people who have god sets. This almost makes all armor equal.

The biggest con of this is it negates the effects of custom enchants and god armor. With everyone being equal there is no skills gap in the game. The biggest part of factions is people getting to be competitive and without a skills gap, there's no competitive nature.

Balance ~~

There needs to be a balance between a cooldown or no cooldown. Depending on the general skill level of PvP and PvP activity, this can be something that staff and players should work towards together. While the chances of that are slim, it's possible. Mineheroes once had a chance to implement that cooldown at a time where skill was much needed and didn't creating too much balance and creating a boring environment that I will never come back to. Hopefully one day you can find that balance.

Regarding @Starrinq_ ~~

Gapple's in factions are used (or in my opinion, should be used) for times of emergency. Times where your helmet breaks and you need to kite 300 more blocks to your trap. Times where you're struggling in a 3v1 in warp in and you're getting teammates to come help. Adding in something as a 1.9 effect makes gapples totally useless in an economy that's basically already destroyed.

ECO ~~
    The economy needs to be dealt with as well, but as I'm not playing I won't get too much into that. If a Gap is worth 45k in shop, a stack of 64 would be worth 2,880,000. In the action house, a stack is going for under a million. The economy is broken to a whole new level and eneds to be dealt with.

@2Big ily

9. BadNoob

BadNoob Active Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    87d 19h
    Hero Level:
    i Casper i
    It's hard to chug gaps when we're 10v1ing u guys :)

10. ToXicZx_

Supreme

Server:
    Play Time:
    22d 5h
    Hero Level:
    [TopFaction]
    Gamers don't chug and never will.
    Somehow you're faction still finds a way to chug in a 10v1 situation.

11. Roareeh

Roareeh Active Member
    Supreme

Server:
    Play Time:
    35d 19h
    Hero Level:
    [P2W]
    Congrats you played yourself

12. ImNear

ImNear Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    60d 14h
    Hero Level:
    +1

13. BadNoob

BadNoob Active Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    87d 19h
    Hero Level:
    i Casper i
    We don't chug gaps, we gap spam. *GAP COOL DOWN* *GAP COOL DOWN*

14. BadNoob

BadNoob Active Member
    Legend

Server:
    Play Time:
    87d 19h
    Hero Level:
    i Casper i
    Indeed

15. Roareeh

Roareeh Active Member
    Supreme

Server:
    Play Time:
    35d 19h
    Hero Level:
    [P2W]
    Forging messages/evidence?

16. DeBlackBoiLivs

DeBlackBoiLivs Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Factions
    Play Time:
    105d 15h
    Hero Level:
    FactionsOG
    This things has already been denied in the network therefore Wazez will not allow it but he did say that god apples will be harder to get.
    pls I think the gappcle cooldown should be longer 2:30 mins
    https://www.mineheroes.net/threads/add-gapple-cooldown.24374/page-2#post-132819

17. D4sssy

D4sssy Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    25d 22h
    Hero Level:
    RAINBOW
    +1

i agree bro, but ive made like two polls of these over the last 2 years and its never gonna happen :(

staff jus say no lmao

18. DeBlackBoiLivs

DeBlackBoiLivs Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Factions
    Play Time:
    105d 15h
    Hero Level:
    FactionsOG
    This gapple cooldown needs to be added people will just turn factions into opfacs