Global Fix the spawers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Atak, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Atak

Atak Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    212d 9h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    SurvivalOG
    Dear MineHeroes community!

We are now at a point where cheaper spawners make more money than expensive ones.

The go-to spawner to start with is now Pigs, get 60k pigs to make money buy Iron Golems.
    This is not fun anymore.

I remember two seasons ago when I played survival that I started with pigs, and slowly I changed everything to Skeletons, then slowly everything got changed to creepers.

But since Pigs/Sheep/Cows make more than expensive spawners such as Slimes, Skeletons, Zombies its just Pigs, a few weeks later IG.

I would like to see every spawner redone and make money that fits the price.

Let's say MineHeroes wants a return rate of 4 days on every spawner.

The people would start with pigs when they are out of alts/auto sell chests, they change to skeletons since they make more per grinder. And so it continues step by step.

Or

MineHeroes could make pigs on average 4 days return rate, then skeletons 5 days. then creeper 6 days then ig 7 days. The more expensive the spawner the longer it takes to make the money back. One grinder of a more expensive spawner will take longer to earn back, but per grinder they make more money.
    Negative: takes longer to earn money back.
    Positive: Makes more money per grinder

This will slow down the economy. And make it fun again.

How can this be achieved? This can be achieved by having Developers who actually play and know what is going on/intense testing and tweaking by developers. I know it is impossible to have exactly X days return rate, but on average it can come close to that.

Regards,

Atak

#1 Atak, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    179d 6h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    I would love that and I am working and getting data for such a thing.
    I set up 2 testing chambers for mob spawners at my island. I let mobs spawn in there for 1 hour and safe up all the items and store them away. Then I list all the items that dropped with amount. To make this data usefull for us players right now I calculate how much money that would be. But for the dev team there will still be item amounts which could have tweaked value.

3. CullanP

CullanP Developer
    Staff Member Developer

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    198d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    This is my goal and I'm currently looking into buffing the higher end spawners without causing the current economy to break, however will tweak the smaller spawners only if they really need it.

I'm testing the current money spawners give and will be buffing any I feel need it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. _LilStxrry

_LilStxrry Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    542d 16h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ? King ?
    What if... We added back spawner levels (must be a certain /level to mine, break, and use certain spawners)

For real though, I feel like the other spawners get pretty useless towards end of every map, and that's unfortunate side of things. Nothing you can really do about that other than giving them some good use like this at start of map

5. IAmPingachu

IAmPingachu Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    38d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ? BAE ?
    This would be awesome and I highly agree i've played on this server for a long time I believe two maps ago my igs were making the most money even though i had like 10k+ pigs with only like 1k igs now its reversed so i highly agree ^_^ ~Pingachu

6. _Ashenfall_

_Ashenfall_ Member
    Gyra

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    91d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [TOP RANK SB]
    I think that in order to accomplish a balanced system where diverse spawner types are favored in the economy we would need to equalize the income value of the top tier of all spawner types.

In other words:

1 . Set up an efficient farm of each spawner type. Upgrade the spawner in those farms to top level.
    2. Connect an ASC to each farm and measure your balance over a set time. Create and fill in spreadsheet.
    3. Adjust drops and/or prices of the drops to balance.
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until balanced.
    5. Adjust lower tiers of upgradeable spawners accordingly.
    6. Make intra-season adjustments based on new farming techniques that are discovered or when new content is added like new mob levels.

Doing all this would place the emphasis on building better, more efficient designs and encourage players to try new techniques with different spawner types that may give them an economical advantage.

7. Hokaras

Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    179d 6h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Thats bad data for balancing tho. Just have a normal hopper system and store the items count them and calculate the value you get. Then the devs can tweak prices without even touching drops, or if that is no good solution drops still can be adjusted.

8. _Ashenfall_

_Ashenfall_ Member
    Gyra

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    91d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    [TOP RANK SB]
    That method works as well.

9. iSlayUp

iSlayUp Active Member
    Manos

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    41d 10h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    i think the cheaper spawners need a nerf whether that is a increased price decreased spawner rate but i would not buff and of the higher tier spawners(except for ghast) as i would not risk breaking the eco

10. Canadas

Canadas Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Zume

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    109d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Turmoil]
    I think the recent spawner price changelogs work with this idea nicely +1

11. Hokaras

Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    179d 6h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Those changes move in a wrong direction. It makes the early game even harder and catching up impossible. And progress is still the same just a little slower. Make as many pig grinder as you have alt slots/asc upgrade them to guardians or creeper (they are pretty even) and then your income can support igs if you are lucky.
    You have no reason to go for anything else than this for money right now. The more expensive spawner don't give you a real progession.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Anliv

Anliv Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Hub5
    Play Time:
    24d 12h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Trusted
    It would be a great idea +1. People with alot of Pig Spawners make more money than people with a decent amount of IGs.