Website / Other Find a Solution, MineHeroes.

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by DARLOWE, Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARLOWE

DARLOWE Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

It's a well known fact now that this server has gone down hill. So in this post I'm just going to mention some ways how it did so, and what can be done to make this server go up hill.
    Please note that this list is not numbered by reasons, so the first point isn't necessarily the first reason.

1 - The Staff Team
    The staff team has gone down hill, as well as with the rest of the server. Right now, we barely have any staff. It's a small, divided team. This is causing multiple issues, especially for the ones who have no staff for their timezone (*ahem* Australia and New Zealand still). I mean, at the start of the year we had almost triple the amount of staff than we do now.

That being said, this staff team in certain aspects is a little better than the one a few months beforehand seeing there use to be a number of staff who were inexperienced, abusive and broke their own rules.

The staff team is desperate need of a fix. No hard feelings for the admins and senior mods, but please, fix the team. Make the staff team actually something worth joining for such as the Another Server staff team. Right now, it is pretty bland and slow. The management need to up the game and fix it. A server which has a staff team going down hill is a sign that the whole server is going down hill, so please, fix this and it will help fix MineHeroes.

2 - Laziness
    This point can be interpreted into multiple reasons. One of which being the laziness of the admin and content team with suggestions. Sure, there may be a lot to go through, but it doesn't take months to discuss whether or not a feature should be added into the network. It should only take a few days at the max. An example of thios was my suggestions from 8 months ago about adding /top to survival. It's a small feature that doesn't break the game, but it took 8 months to get a response that it will be added. It doesn't take that long to discuss whether or not a simple command that spawns you on top of all the blocks in your coordinates
    should be added to an OP survival server. This can be said with many other suggestions, which are easy to discuss for a few days then deny, instead of take months. It's lazy and shows that the team are dedicated to the community.

Another reason of laziness is the promised resets. It's a well known fact that resets are never ready in time and just come out of the blue (after being late for months). The problem with this is that you guys always promise a reset in a specific month, but it doesn't come up until much later. I mean, whatever happened to the 6 months of a map then reset cycle back in 2013 & 2014 (which worked pretty well - seeing the server easily got over 1000 players then). Do not commit to a date if you cannot deliver - it makes you guys seem extremely lazy when it takes months after it's due date to finally be delivered. Think of it like school where you have an assignment (the server), which is meant to be due by a certain date (the server's promised release date). The student (content creators) get too lazy and cannot deliver it on time, and by doing so hand it in much later than expected to the teacher (players) to a point where all expectations of greatness and hype are gone. This timing needs to be worked on.

3 - The Servers
    I made a thread on this issue back mid last year stating that this (the server dying) will happen due to the network doing nothing new. It was pushed to the side (along with everything else related to this issue) where it has ultimately became a reality. The server is desperate need of a change. Resets just don't cut it anymore - they add little to nothing new except for builds, prices and kits. The server is in desperate need of a game changing feature every reset now. When people were discussing the prison reset last year, I offered multiple ways to make it game changing and unique to keep players engaged. Again, denied for being "unnecessary". The reset died off within a week, now struggling to get over 20 players on it like it did beforehand. Factions just isn't good anymore with the exact same thing every 3 months, skyblock is meh (still gets players but needs something to make people go "Wow! I'm going to stay here and get my friends to join!") and survival is overall boring and dead with nothing fun about it anymore. This sucks for survival, as out of all the servers it really did have the most flexibility. Whether it be anarchy, a simple vanilla with an rpg vibe or even be a towny server, it will gain a new playerbase. Other servers then can follow in the steps, offering many different things not seen on MineHeroes beforehand. These servers are lucky enough to still have a playerbase, unlike kitpvp, minigames and creative.

MineHeroes really needs to step up their game with making resets better than it's predecessor. As right now, they heavily contribute to the massive downfall of this server. Change at least one server of one gamemode to be completely different. Whether or not it'll attract new players will be a different story, however it will be refreshing and healthy for the network.

I figured that these three reasons are the main (or at least do a bigger contribution) to this issue suffering MineHeroes. I recommend checking out this thread here as it offers other aspects on this same issue.

#1 DARLOWE, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. wyattcvn123

wyattcvn123 Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

inb4 staff team says fortnite takes all their players.

But yeha you do have some good points in this. Especially with the suggestions and resets. I'm hoping there's at least a reason for those though,

• Like Like x 1
  3. Epic_Fantasy

Epic_Fantasy Well-Known Member
    Zume

Reply to Reasons

Well said friend I made a thread a little while ago explaining that we should change Survivals play style to give it a fresh look and really flesh out the creativity Survival once had and feel mineheroes as a whole does need some fresh coats of paint and really flesh out the creativity and feel they should really just have a separate team of content creators (not necessarily staff members) as I feel the mineheroes staff are kept busy with player issues and reports that they don't get enough time to sit down and really develop a proper reset but if they had a team who specifically just work on content creation it would free up a lot of stress on the staff team to come up with Ideas and things rather than being rushed and not so well thought out and eventually ruining the hype.

Side notes

I feel Mineheroes really needs to stick by what they say and not go back on something a few months later I remember May of 2015 before the Eula was enforced on mineheroes and before we had Eula ranks The gkits were resold the the community with the intention of not selling them ever again I paid a lot for some of these gkits as they were not effected by sales well before the Eula was a thing and had to pay $60 for Summer and Easter gkit and $40 for the rest of the gkits and now they are sold for $20 I feel that was a really bad choice mineheroes made similar to what Mineheroes did back in 2014 they merged the old ranks into the new ones we know today we got a refund for the price difference from Obsidian & Emerald ranks compared to Ultimate what I'm trying to say is were was my refund of the price difference I had to pay for my gkits fair enough I know mineheroes does not offer refunds but you could of at least given us buycraft vouchers to make up for such a large price difference

• Like Like x 1
  4. _Kron

_Kron Admin
    Staff Member Admin

I agree with most the stuff here; however I wouldn't say Prison is dead.I would say beforehand it struggled to get 20 players on at any time (and that was when it the server had around 1k players). Considering it's 5 or 6 months into the map; and it maintains 20 players means that it could probably gather around 50 players at the way it's currently set up (if the server was back to it's 1k youth).

A huge part of players playing on MineCraft servers nowadays is 'wow my favorite youtuber plays here', it has little to do with how unique the content is. Although, keeping up with the times is always encouraged.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Savage Savage x 1
  5. HoleInACondom

HoleInACondom Well-Known Member
    Supreme

6. Canadas

Canadas Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Zume

trust me the helpers are trying there best to help you guys. Sorry if we dont have a that big of an impact but we try

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ImJustStrafin

ImJustStrafin Well-Known Member
    Zume

Their* ;)

Anyway, I agree with the majority of the things said here.

8. DARLOWE

DARLOWE Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

I never said anything about the current helper team, I'm talking about a majority of mods +.

9. BasicallyBradley

BasicallyBradley Well-Known Member
    Zume

Agreed. As you see Skyblock 2 now, that gets about 4-10 players at most. The term "Dead" would mean there would be no players playing that server at all.

10. Canadas

Canadas Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Zume

thank mr perfect <3
    just wanted to make sure! I know it doesnt look like they do a lot of work but they really do.
    how about the term death bed or last hour?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.