Factions /f discord

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by _StarrySkies, Feb 8, 2019.

1. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    731d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    RAINBOW
    Probably a really dumb and useless idea since /f desc <message> exists, but also very simple to add. Basically a command that displays/sets the Faction's discord in chat.

The alias can be this:
    /f discord <discord link>

The Faction owner and/or co-owner will be the one who makes their discord server. And no, it's not mandatory to have a discord server for your Faction.

Discord, as you may already know, is becoming very popular, especially for Factions as it allows for communication outside the server. Perfect for yelling to your little friends that you need help raiding someone. Or triggering the "wee woo" alarms whenever your base is getting raided.

Yes you can already do something like this with the /f desc command. However, some players would probably want to have a good faction description and also want faction members to know there's a discord for their faction. It feels more convenient in my opinion, and this can even be displayed under the Faction description in /f who

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this can only be viewed by players in the Faction. This helps prevent random players from joining their discord and stuff since having your discord in /f desc pretty much makes it public.

• Like Like x 2
  2. _LilStxrry

_LilStxrry Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    46d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    SurvivalOG
    Discord Tag:
    Anliv#0001
    I do not play factions, but I do Survival where they use a faction plugin and I really feel that this is necessary. As you said, this is useful for communication in your faction, and to also inform them about things that happen and so on. +1

3. IAmPingachu

IAmPingachu Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    63d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    JOKER
    Discord Tag:
    iampingachu#2534
    +1 discord is very key in communication especially stuff like factions I highly agree with this.