Skyblock Economy Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by _StarrySkies, Feb 2, 2020.

1. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme Ultimate Elite

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    856d 11h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Husband
    While there's no such thing as a "perfect" economy, there are still things we can look into improving to bring it steps closer towards a better one. Here are some ideas I have to make the economy a bit better, which should also help encourage grinding throughout the entire map.

These are just simple price changes, with explanation for why I either buffed/nerfed some. Or even just completely removed some stuff

Sugar Cane: x64 $864 ---> $950/$1,000 (VIP Shop can be like $975/$1,100)
    Sugar cane farms take time to build, especially really good ones. Then it takes even more time to grind sugar cane to obtain a maxed out sell hoe. Therefore it should be the best money making method when it comes to grinding (I'll explain alternatives for sugar cane later if changing the price is big ole no)

REMOVE Cooked beef, slime balls, and ghast tears from VIP SHOP
    Honestly not sure why these specific mob drops were added there. But these are not really needed in the VIP shop, especially when cooked beef, in particular, gave VIP players major lead at the start of the map.

Diamond: x1 $10 ---> $15/$20
    This will make endermite spawners more decent. They are pretty bad for both island levels and money (honestly I cannot name an island that has lots of endermite spawners)

REMOVE Chicken, Pig, Sheep, Cow, Rabbit, Wolf, Ocelot, Zombie, Skeleton, Spider, Magma Cube and Mooshroom Spawners
    No one really uses these spawners, even if it is for resources. When you have the money you can just buy the resources directly from /shop. If anything, you can simply add the ability to purchase spawn eggs so people can still obtain some of these mobs for builds/fun. Or you can add a default

Auto Block Chests
    These chests allow you to automatically convert ores into their block form. Because of this, you can store a lot more things like iron and old in your storage system. This means you can AFK for extensive periods and come back to loads of money.

I suggest for a tax to be put in place for auto block chests. Several ways of doing this:
    - Ores (mainly iron/gold since these are mainly used for cash) would need DOUBLE or even TRIPLE the ingots in order to make one block, instead of the usual 9. This means whenever you use an autoblock chest, it will require 18 ingots to be in the chest before it can make one block of ore
    - Simple money tax. Whenever an autoblock chest converts ingots, it will take a tiny amount of money from your account. Whenever you are out of money, the autoblock chest stops converting blocks
    - Tax on blocks made from autoblock chest. Any blocks generated with the autoblock chest (and fed out of hoppers since that's what people do) will make the sale price of that block 10% less than what you would normally get. I'm not sure how this would work "behind the scenes," but my idea is that the autoblock chest can generate "special" types of ore blocks that sell for less than their original counterparts

Autoblock chests will still be good, and this tax won't make a huge difference. Though I want to encourage more activity throughout the entire map rather than playing for first few weeks then AFKing the remaining time of the map (even lava fishing doesn't scale that well to some AFK farms)

Sugar Cane
    As mentioned before, sugar cane should be the dominant money making method on the server when it comes to actively grinding (maybe not the #1 out of all money making methods, but would still be somewhat good). I've talked about buffing sugar cane price a little. Though if that doesn't suit your taste, maybe these ideas will. And since sugar cane is also good on Factions/SMP, these ideas can apply there too.
    More sell hoe upgrades. Honestly, it's kinda disappointing to only see two upgrades in this list. Maybe we can expand on this? Here are a few ideas:

- Luck (Max Lvl = 50) : Chance to find a diamond while breaking crops. Each level adds 1% chance (max being 50% chance). The base cost for this upgrade is 75,000 stored crops, and upgrades later are incremented by 5,000 stored crops

- Crate Hunter (Max Lvl = 10) : Chance to obtain a shard key while breaking crops. Each level adds 0.1% (Max being 1% chance). The base cost for this upgrade is 50,000 stored crops, and upgrades later are incremented by 2,500 stored crops.

- Experience (Max Lvl = 50) : Chance to gain a little amount of EXP orbs while breaking crops (good for people who want to grind EXP while grinding sugar cane). Each level adds 1% chance (max being 50% chance). The base cost for this upgrade is 10,000 stored crops, and upgrades later are incremented by 1,000 stored crops.

Sugar cane grows 4 blocks tall. I seen some servers have this, but allowing sugar cane to grow an extra block tall means players can get more money from harvesting

Auto Sell Chests
    Even though there's a tax, they are still OP, and you can easily make more money with auto sell chests than you can with grinding. Two things you can do here:

Increase tax rate to 25%-30%. People who use auto sell chests can easily make anywhere from 500k to 1m every auto sell. That's over 1 billion every 24 hours. Yes it's still a grind to gather all the spawners to make anywhere near this amount. But this ultimately defeats purpose of manually selling items.
    Make Auto Sell Chests Rarer. Perhaps a more agreeable solution for most people. Currently you can get these from /is shop, /tokens shop, boss mobs, mob coin shop and crate keys. Buff the amount of currency you need and nerf the chances of earning this item.

Anyways yeah. People will most likely disagree with some of these ideas, but that's because they are more comfortable with an AFK environment. The gamemode shouldn't be purely AFK for most of the server time. People who grind should be rewarded more than those who AFK.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. FuriousFruit

FuriousFruit Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Manos Ultimate Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    204d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ProPvper
    +1
    The economy is always a mess. Whoever has the most alts can afk the longest pretty much dominates the economy.

3. nathanvanderpool

nathanvanderpool Well-Known Member
    Gyra Titan

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    246d 22h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Prestige]
    Discord Tag:
    Jakekill1#8244
    who the hell uses sugar cane oof

4. FuriousFruit

Server:
    Play Time:
    204d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ProPvper
    People who know how to play the game.

5. nathanvanderpool

nathanvanderpool Well-Known Member
    Gyra Titan

Server:
    Survival
    Play Time:
    246d 22h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Prestige]
    Discord Tag:
    Jakekill1#8244
    Sugar cane useless

6. KevGott

KevGott Well-Known Member
    Zume Gyra Supreme Ultimate Titan Elite Hero

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    381d 22h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ? Prince ?
    Discord Tag:
    KevGott#8221
    Its only good at the start. When u got working farms its not a thing.

7. Nemo24747

Nemo24747 Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    12d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Trusted
    Discord Tag:
    Nemo#5281
    i like it the way it is now

8. FuriousFruit

Server:
    Play Time:
    204d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ProPvper
    Because it's easy. You afk and sell.

9. DePolar

DePolar Well-Known Member
    Gyra Ultimate Legend Titan Elite Hero

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    332d 12h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [TOP RANK SB]
    Discord Tag:
    DePolar#6118
    Make cocoa beans meta please.

But nice suggestions, I like all of them! However, I don’t think the rarity of auto sell chests needs to go up if they’re going to be taxed more.

+1

10. _StarrySkies

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    856d 11h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Husband
    I probably should have made it clearer. I meant that they can do one of two things. I'm not asking them to do both suggestions, but do one or the other. I agree that it'll just ruin auto sell chests too much if both ideas were added

11. DePolar

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    332d 12h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [TOP RANK SB]
    Discord Tag:
    DePolar#6118
    Ah okay, that’s good. I agree that both would run them. I do believe that one of them should be added for sure, though!

12. Kermit_deFrog

Kermit_deFrog Active Member
    Ultimate Legend Titan

Server:
    Play Time:
    94d 23h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    SkyBlockAddict
    I wanted to browse the forums for a bit today and see what's meta or not due to the fact that I all but abandoned minecraft as a whole about a year ago. I remember playing before they ever introduced auto sells and the meta was no better then. I don't mean to throw insults around or spit on your ideas but think about it. Wazez pays money to host a server. He wants a return on that investment and as such he will offer premium shortcuts or boosts. If we nerf and nerf anything that is deemed "too good" for the economy then no one is gonna pull out their credit card. Simple as that. Massive farms are going to produce massive income. Anyone who has amassed even a thousand spawners SHOULD be miles away from the newer players. I agree completely that it is unfair to simply give paid players an undeniable advantage but that's how business works. It's been wazez's business model for years and he's not gonna change it now.

13. DePolar

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    332d 12h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [TOP RANK SB]
    Discord Tag:
    DePolar#6118
    The suggestions here are to improve the economy for manual farming (spawners won’t be going away), as well as nerfing some of the items that allow spawned farms. The ABCs and ASCs are available in-game without purchases required. People will still have things to buy.

14. lnPae

lnPae Well-Known Member
    Manos Legend Titan Hero

Server:
    OPSkyBlock
    Play Time:
    93d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    (You Had 1 Job)
    Discord Tag:
    xxX_boss_Xxx#7024
    That sounds suspiciously similar to what you do with spawners.

15. lnPae

lnPae Well-Known Member
    Manos Legend Titan Hero

Server:
    OPSkyBlock
    Play Time:
    93d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    (You Had 1 Job)
    Discord Tag:
    xxX_boss_Xxx#7024
    You haven’t seen the full extent.

16. lnPae

lnPae Well-Known Member
    Manos Legend Titan Hero

Server:
    OPSkyBlock
    Play Time:
    93d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    (You Had 1 Job)
    Discord Tag:
    xxX_boss_Xxx#7024
    Opsb is just grinding until you have enough spawners then just afk, I do agree that ascs need to be rarer as they always get inflated to astronomical prices. +1

17. _StarrySkies

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    856d 11h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Husband
    I see where you coming from but even with the nerfs put in place, it doesn't stop players from donating. Especially since Wazez gets most of his money off players buying reset/monthly bundles and tokens (Two of the most bought items from the store)

18. OptimusPrime2006

Manos Ultimate Titan Elite

Server:
    Play Time:
    32d 19h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    CORYJ#5155