Survival CraftBook Hidden Switches!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NyvexOfShadows, Jun 26, 2018.

?

Would you like to see this feature implemented?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NyvexOfShadows

NyvexOfShadows Well-Known Member
    Manos

This feature is the last of three regarding CraftBook signs. However, this one may be the most useful by far: hidden switches!

What do hidden switches do?
    Hidden switches are just as they imply, a switch that is hidden. A sign toggles a block to be a switch to toggle a signal for redstone. Right-clicking the block that has the sign on it causes the switch to be flipped or the button to be pressed.

How are hidden switches created?
    Creating a hidden switch is simple enough. To start, the block you wish to be the switch must have a sign on it (with [X] on the second line). Then, you must place a button or lever one block away from the sign. And you're done!

Example usage of the hidden switch feature?
    Hidden switches are great for redstone contraptions such as hidden doors, or maybe having a button appear as a regular block. (You could make lights with this if you experimented!) There's no need to create a list if this feature only enhances something else.

Pros:
    - More ways to toggle a redstone contraption
    - Keys can be used to unlock doors without the need for hopper systems

Cons:
    - None

How staff can make this feature more versatile?
    Staff should note the "keys" feature, where you can use an item id as a key to unlock a door (typed on the first line of the sign). There's very few configurations necessary to change here, so there's no method of making this feature more versatile than it already is.

2. NyvexOfShadows

NyvexOfShadows Well-Known Member
    Manos

My friend helped me design a "hidden" railway to my private room. However, it doesn't seem too private, as the button that you have to press is easy to spot. This feature would definitely help out with countering that.

3. Epic_Fantasy

Epic_Fantasy Well-Known Member
    Zume

hmm I highly doubt this will be implemented as it could cause strain to the servers tbh either that or they will find it is not needed on the mineheroes network I'm not saying i disagree on the idea seems interesting enough

4. ferihon

ferihon Well-Known Member
    Manos

Yeah, like Epic said it wouldn’t be implemented for those reasons. However it seems interesting.

5. LordFarq

LordFarq Well-Known Member
    Manos

I really don't like the idea, cause could be much work of out that and will take time to understand