Survival CraftBook Bridges

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NyvexOfShadows, Jun 26, 2018.

?

Would you like to see this feature implemented?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NyvexOfShadows

NyvexOfShadows Well-Known Member
    Manos

Server:
    Play Time:
    61d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Gambler
    Hey everyone! Today I would like to discuss CraftBook, the plugin that allows the creation of [Lift] signs. However, I wish there were more than [Lift] signs.

CraftBook has several different sign functions, some of which include bridges, doors, gates, and hidden switches. These simple utilities can make life easy but can also make different builds more enhanced.

This will be one of three posts regarding the sign utilities. (I split them so it isn't one complicated thread) Let's talk about adding in a bridge feature.

What does the bridge do?
    Bridges allow people to create drawbridges in their claims. They can be toggled on and off by right-click.

How are bridges created?
    CraftBook bridges are created by putting signs with [Bridge] on the second line, placed on each end of the bridge you wish to make. The bridge can be made of cobble, wood, brick, or glass by default.

Example usage of the bridge feature?
    This is purely cosmetic but some people can get creative with how they use the bridge. Here's a set of basic or unique examples:
    • Flood gates to block/release water or lava
    • Pit traps
    • Trapdoors
    • Floorboard to hide a stash of loot
    • Skylight
    • Crossing moats
    • Suffocation trap for farms/grinders

Pros:
    - Utility for bridge building
    - New ways to create machines/grinders

Cons:
    - Limited block types to use
    - Limited dimensions

How staff can make this feature more versatile?
    I recommend that the MH staff allows more materials to be used for the bridges, perhaps having nether brick or quartz bridges can fit a build. Also, bridge width and length are fairly small, so these can be adjusted as well, e.g. if someone wants a massive drawbridge spanning 10x20 they won't be able to build it with 2 bridge signs, as the default dimensions are 5*30 (radius*length).

2. Xx_Euphoric_xX

Xx_Euphoric_xX New Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    34d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Explorer
    Heyo!

I, personally, would love the idea of toggleable bridges. Not only is this useful, on a survival standpoint, but it is creative too. As a builder, I would enjoy the addition of toggleable bridges to the server. As CraftBook is the plugin responsible for the [Lift] signs, this should not be a hassle to implement. You have a "Yes" from me!

3. NyvexOfShadows

Manos

Server:
    Play Time:
    61d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Gambler
    Thanks for supporting the idea! Really can't wait for staff to leave a comment on this one.

4. NyvexOfShadows

Manos

Server:
    Play Time:
    61d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Gambler
    Staff please look at this! I'm aware that it may or may not have much utility to it but it's fun to use! I can assure you that!