Skyblock Chunk Loaders.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Npva, Mar 14, 2019.

?

Do you think Chunk loaders should be added to Skyblock/Factions?

1. Yes, I do

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No, I don't

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Npva

Npva Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    226d 12h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Trusted
    Discord Tag:
    Npva#5156
    Hello everyone,

I've been noticing that there are a lot of players on Skyblock that don't have the ability to AFK their spawners.
    The people that are able to afk all their spawners have a HUGE advantage over those players which is kind of unfair.
    Hiring afkers used to be an option but for the new players it's way to expensive to hire someone and if you have multiple farms it sometimes takes ages to get Alternate Accounts on all of them.

My suggestion is Chunk Loaders: It's like a NPC that loads in the chunk and afks your spawners.
    This would give everyone the ability to afk their spawners.
    Maybe set a limit of 1-5 chunk loaders to be placed on each Island.
    This would help pro players that can't leave their PC on/New players that can't afk for themselves.
    The people that do have the ability to AFK will still have an advantage (They'll have the ability to afk without needing chunk loaders) but other players would also have a chance.
    I think this would be a really good thing for the community.

Let me know what you guys think about this suggestion.
    -Npva

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. FlameOps

FlameOps Active Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    165d 15h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Husband
    Discord Tag:
    FlameOps#1065
    I like this idea but it also give the more rich players better income because they can use these chunk loaders too without them having to have alts on so it would help the smaller players and the biggest players at the same time. Plus if your using asc you have to leave your pc running no matter what so it’s a way for people to use less asc. +1

3. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    703d 10h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Explorer
    Will cause lag to the server, especially on Skyblock1. Doubt this will be added as it was already suggested before in past. Even so, it won't really solve much since players with lots of alts can use a chunk loader for each of their alt island.

If you want an idea on how broken this can be, imagine you have 20 islands (your main and 19 alt islands). Suppose you can have 1 chunk loader per island at bare minimum. This means that you can make in total 40 farms. If a person like myself were to take advantage of this, I could make well over 14b a day, if not more, using chunk loaders.

Regardless of how you try to balance this idea, at the end of the day it'll potentially lag the server and possibly make it unplayable

#3 _StarrySkies, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  4. _LilStxrry

_LilStxrry Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    46d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ? Valentines ?
    Discord Tag:
    Anliv#0001
    I like the idea, but I also don't. I'll stay neutral.

5. _Ashenfall_

_Ashenfall_ Active Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    250d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Ashenfall#1262
    I will echo my sentiments from the last time this topic came around:

They would be another good way to monetize the server. For people who have problems running alts for whatever reason, they would provide a way to keep chunks active.

There should be limits on them of course... Maybe a max of 10 per world? I'd also suggest making them 3x3 chunks instead of 1x1, so you didn't have to build a super-compact farm.

My signature actually came from the above referenced thread. It seems the common answer on the question of allowing chunkloaders is "They'll break the economy"... Which they absolutely will not do. They would have less of an impact than someone running alts.

Besides...Can you break something that's already broken?

6. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    703d 10h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Explorer
    The economy breaking because of this is not the big issue as to why these aren't a good idea, but if you have more active chunks loaded like all the time or something, then it's going to lag the server. I even spoke to CullanP about chunk loaders the other week or something and he said himself that they will potentially lag large servers (Skyblock1). If he sees this thread he can give his take on this

7. _Ashenfall_

Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    250d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Ashenfall#1262
    I'd like to hear his thoughts as well.

In default/vanilla MP:
    [​IMG]
    The core package that they run here (Bentobox?) may have some optimizations where it's different than the default, but based on my observations MH loads at least 3 chunks from the player.

Considering the above, it's hard for me to imagine that chunk loaders would have the kind of impacts that alts do especially if they are introduced in a controlled/limited manner.

8. creeperIman

creeperIman Well-Known Member
    Manos

Server:
    Play Time:
    45d 17h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    RAINBOW
    i think the amount of money that people have on the server is ridiculous already. I think that this would make the economy way off balance

9. _Ashenfall_

Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    250d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Ashenfall#1262
    I rest my case.