Play with
other players on
mineheroes.net

Event Christmas Contests & Tournaments - 2016

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wazez, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wazez

Wazez Owner
    Staff Member Owner

To celebrate the release of MineHeroes v3 and the start of the holiday season, we're hosting a variety of events and tournaments for you to participate in!

[​IMG]

Christmas Build Contest
    It's been a long time since we held a build contest, a solo one that is. The event will take place on the creative server at /warp contest. You may also use /contest enter to join.

The build theme is CHRISTMAS
    Time Period:
    December 9 (Today) - December 23 (2 weeks in total)

How to enter (Commands and Info)
    1. Login to mineheroes.net and open the server menu to click on Creative or type /server creative
    2. Type /contest enter (This will teleport you to the build contest world and claim a plot (100x100 blocks) for you automatically!)
    3. Start building and have fun. Remember to stick to the theme (CHRISTMAS)
    SOLO Event
    This build contest is a SOLO Event. You may work in teams if you wish, however the reward will be given to the plot owner and it is up to them to share it or not.
    Add a plot member with /plot add (name)

Build Contest Rewards

• 1st Place = $25 Buycraft Voucher and the limited edition BuildContest Tag + 300 MHEXP
    • 2nd Place = $20 Buycraft Voucher + 250 MHEXP
    • 3rd Place = $15 Buycraft Voucher + 200 MHEXP
    • Top 10 entries = 5,000 Tokens + 150 MHEXP
    The contest submissions will be judged by Mods+, Admins and the Fractal Build Team.
    Winners will hopefully be announced 1 week after the build contest has concluded.

Best of luck and remember to have fun!

Other Build Contest commands include
    • /contest - Displays contest commands
    • /contest info - Quick summary of the contest and how to enter
    • /contest home - Teleports you to your contest plot
    • /plot add (name) - Add a member to your plot
    • /plot remove (name) - Remove a member from your plot
    • /warp contest - Teleport to the contest world spawn
    • /plot clear - Clears your plot
    • /speed (1-5) - Set your fly and walk speed (Need to vote or have a rank)
    • /ptime (day/night) - The world is locked on day light however you can change it (Need to vote or have a rank)
    • //wand - Obtain the WorldEdit wand to use WorldEdit. (Need to vote or have a rank)

Build Contest Rules
    • Your submission must match the theme (CHRISTMAS)
    • WorldEdit is allowed (Unlock it by voting or obtain a rank from the store)
    • You may only submit 1 contest plot.
    • The plot size is 100x100
    • Anyone can participate, even staff!
    • You cannot give somebody else your contest plot - it's yours. Copying your plot to others plots using WorldEdit counts as doing this.
    • The contest will be held in the contest world. You can get there with /warp contest
    • Inappropriate builds are not allowed and will be disqualified.
    • Copying other builds is not allowed and your build will be disqualified.
    • You can build in teams, but remember only the plot owner will be rewarded if you win.
    • Mobs will not spawn in the contest world.
    • Only add people you trust, we cannot rollback griefed build contest plots.

Faction Top (/f top) Tournament
    The grace period on both Factions and OPFactions is now over. And to all you competitive faction players, we invite you to participate in our first ever official F TOP Tournament.

Time Period: December 9 (Today) - December 25

For those of you who don't know, /f top is a leader-board showing the top factions based on the value of assets in their claims. This includes items/blocks placed in claims and items/blocks hidden in chests, as well as enchants, spawners. To view what items/blocks contribute to /f top, type /f topvalues

[​IMG]

Increase your faction value by raiding other factions, and placing blocks that increase your f top value all over your claims. Remember, that blocks hidden in chests are much lower in value than the ones placed in claims.

The current f top leaders are as follows:
    This can be viewed by typing /f top. You can also view the leaderboard signs at spawn

Factions
    [​IMG]

OPFactions

[​IMG]

F top Leaderboard Rewards (on 25th of December)
    1st Place -
    x1 Dragon Egg (Worth $5,000,000 in /f top on factions and $50,000,000 on factions), 5,000 Tokens for each faction member, $50 buycraft voucher for the faction owner to share with their faction + 300 MHEXP. There will be a tag to giveaway, it has not been decided yet. Maybe you can suggest one.
    2nd Place - 5,000 Tokens for each faction member, $40 buycraft voucher for the faction owner to share with their faction + 250 MHEXP.
    3rd Place - 5,000 Tokens for each faction member, $30 buycraft voucher for the faction owner to share with their faction + 200 MHEXP.
    4th Place - 5,000 Tokens for each faction member, $25 buycraft voucher for the faction owner to share with their faction + 150 MHEXP.
    5th Place - 5,000 Tokens for each faction member, $20 buycraft voucher for the faction owner to share with their faction + 100 MHEXP.

SkyBlock 1 and SkyBlock 2 Top Island (/is top) Tournament
    For all our SkyBlock fans, we're hosting a special /is top (top islands) tournament. By December 25, the top 5 highest ranked islands will receive Buycraft Vouchers, Tokens and More.

1st Place - 5,000 Tokens for each island member, $50 buycraft voucher for the island owner to share with their island members + 300 MHEXP. There will be a tag to giveaway, it has not been decided yet. Maybe you can suggest one.
    2nd Place - 5,000 Tokens for each island member, $40 buycraft voucher for the island owner to share with their island members + 250 MHEXP.
    3rd Place - 5,000 Tokens for each island member, $30 buycraft voucher for the island owner to share with their island members + 200 MHEXP.
    4th Place - 5,000 Tokens for each island member, $25 buycraft voucher for the island owner to share with their island members + 150 MHEXP.
    5th Place - 5,000 Tokens for each island member, $20 buycraft voucher for the island owner to share with their island members + 100 MHEXP.

Check your current island level with /is. Increase your island value/level by placing valueable blocks, spawners in your island. The current leaders are:

SkyBlock 1 Top Islands
    [​IMG]

SkyBlock 2 Top Islands
    [​IMG]

OPPVP Top KDR Tournament
    Start grinding your kills and try to not die, because the top 5 players with the highest KDR by December 25 will receive Buycraft Vouchers, Tokens and More.

1st Place - $50 buycraft voucher + 300 MHEXP. There will be a tag to giveaway, it has not been decided yet. Maybe you can suggest one.
    2nd Place - $40 buycraft voucher + 250 MHEXP.
    3rd Place - $30 buycraft voucher + 200 MHEXP.
    4th Place - $25 buycraft voucher + 175 MHEXP.
    5th Place - $20 buycraft voucher + 150 MHEXP.
    Top 15 KDR - 5,000 Tokens + 100 MHEXP.

Check your current KDR with /kdr. The current leaders are:

[​IMG]

Survival 1 and Survival 2 Top Jobs Tournament
    Lastly, on Survival 1 and 2 compete in leveling up and earning as much EXP and money from /jobs to rank up in the Jobs Leaderboard. By December 25 the top 5 highest ranked players (those with the most job levels) will receive Buycraft Vouchers, Tokens and More.

1st Place - $50 buycraft voucher + 300 MHEXP. There will be a tag to giveaway, it has not been decided yet. Maybe you can suggest one.
    2nd Place - $40 buycraft voucher + 250 MHEXP.
    3rd Place - $30 buycraft voucher + 200 MHEXP.
    4th Place - $25 buycraft voucher + 175 MHEXP.
    5th Place - $20 buycraft voucher + 150 MHEXP.
    Top 15 Jobs/Workers - 5,000 Tokens + 100 MHEXP.

Each job offers different ways to level up and earn money, learn more with /jobs browse.
    Check your current job statistics with /jobs stats. View the leaderboard with /jobs top. The current leaders are:

Survival 1 Jobs Leaderboard
    [​IMG]

Survival 2 Jobs Leaderboard
    [​IMG]

Art Contest
    Even to those that don't play in game or aren't as active, there is a an Art Contest running, more info here: http://www.mineheroes.net/threads/december-art-contest-2016.45704/

Conclusion
    To recap, ALL MineHeroes v3 gamemodes (servers that were reset in December 1) are featuring tournaments to keep you busy during Christmas Holidays. Participate and try to win prizes, but most importantly, remember to have fun! It's not always about winning, you will earn MHEXP along the way, and you may even find an admin hosting drop parties to help everyone try catch up on the leaderboards!

You may have noticed that PvP (Duels Server) and our minigames are not hosting any tournaments to compete in. We plan to as soon as we push some updates for them. So stay tuned. Prison is also not having a contest due to players already progressing through the ranks. We are open to more tournament suggestions and ideas. Feel free to post more reward suggestions, tag ideas for winners and have fun!

Link your friends or those curious to www.mineheroes.net/contest to redirect them to this thread.

#1 Wazez, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    • GG GG x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. LolWhosBack

LolWhosBack Royal Guard
    Ultimate

First: Good Ideas, Good luck everyone I cant really do it because I'm banned but good luck to everyone else.
    Tag For OPPVP: I say we name the tag (Slayer) in all red :) who agrees
    F top Tag: I say we name the tag (ToRich) or (Rich) or (RichFac)
    Prison Tag: I say we name the tag (Miner) or (OPMiner)
    Skyblock tag: (SkyHigh)
    Survival 1&2 Tag: (JobGuy) idk for survival its to hard :(
    Good Luck EVERYONE THO

#2 LolWhosBack, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. HeartAndSoul

HeartAndSoul War Hero

Looks good.

4. AweItsSpooks

AweItsSpooks Royal Guard
    Ultimate Gyra

Good luck to everyone who participates in the contest.

5. LastDust

LastDust War Hero
    Titan

And I'm bad at building and no where near the top of anything :c

6. Rembulan

Rembulan Builder
    Builder Ultimate

Time to win. Sorry bois. The profundities are mine to ransack!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Just_Jorja

Just_Jorja Warrior
    Ultimate

I'm so bad at building but I might give it a go lol.

8. Mikeman111

Mikeman111 Royal Guard
    Legend

Looks like I will be hunting for a wild @SpookyCaspar_ on OPPvP. If your k/d is too high to compete with, I just need to lower it a bit, right?

• Like Like x 1
  9. epicmursek

epicmursek Dragon Slayer

look's like you just saw how to solve the problems we have in life. kill the guy with highest k/d.

you know Wazez, with that bunch of events you will increase the competiviness of the server at a level that would compare with mercantilism. lmao

• Like Like x 1
  10. Reflective

Reflective Sr. Moderator
    Staff Member Sr. Moderator Ultimate Gyra

Just to let you know, the prison leaderboard isn't correct just now. Bold is rank 19, Rebel is rank 6, Trainee is rank 23, Spartacus is rank 42, Imposter is rank 11, Villain is rank 5, Officer is rank 25, Paragon is rank 37, Savage is rank 29 and Hunter is rank 9. I don't know how it ended up like that because it's not even close to what it should be :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DeliveryPackage

DeliveryPackage Royal Guard
    Ultimate

Oi nice updates and good luck to all who join the Christmas build contest! I will be sitting out on this round, maybe next round...
    Edit: Oh never mind, Ill be kicking your asses :D

#11 DeliveryPackage, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  12. TakenKing

TakenKing Soldier
    Ultimate

Good luck everyone! ANd have a very Merry Cabosemas!
    upload_2016-12-10_8-6-16.png
    <3 Les Cabose (Caboose)

13. jasisn

jasisn Recruit

nice :)

14. Soaki

Soaki Royal Guard
    Ultimate

THANKS WAZ <33
    Keep the updates coming! Keeps me busy when I have nothing to do!!

15. ccgrecer1

ccgrecer1 Soldier
    Elite

Alright, ClimaxCrew fo' the win. Although I'm fighting alone, I won't lose without a fight!!!!!.

16. Malguf

Malguf Royal Guard
    Ultimate

I know what I'm doing. I'm just going to find a builder and ask him to do some manual labor for me on a plot.

17. cocokrispies213

cocokrispies213 Recruit
    Legend

Might have to get on skyblock a little more and win some stuff :)

18. MotorCraft

MotorCraft War Hero
    Ultimate

Awesome!

19. CheckingPing

CheckingPing Recruit
    Titan

I wish there was a UHC tournament.

20. Adophlis

Adophlis Recruit

This was a great idea :D it gives everyone a chance to build and have fun:D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.