OPSkyblock Are Maps too long?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FlawlessCombos, Jun 12, 2019.

1. FlawlessCombos

Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    92d 22h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Dylan ⚡#0035
    Just wondering if anyone else thinks that OPSB or Skyblock maps in general are too long (3months),

I think maps should be a month maybe 2 at max... but 3 months just feels too much.
    Currently on opsb there isn't all that much to do at all as most are well off.

I think we just need an early reset with a shorter map or maybe make the next map shorter
    as its causing the map to go "stail", so theres not really much to do and people are quitting because of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hoopdy

Hoopdy Active Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    26d 10h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    +1 agreed

3. guduri

guduri Active Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    206d 11h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    #BlameDevs
    +1 It is getting boring with many players maxing out their money income

4. Valgari

Valgari Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    116d 12h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    ButterflyBliss#8635
    3 months is better than what we had before. Be thankful you even have a season to play. Its harsh i know but maybe if players stopped expecting implementation of soft play items it would be more Skyblock and less afk to get money. In saying that Wazez Should implement actual build factors into Skyblock so players spend time creating island builds instead of just grinders and afking

• Like Like x 1
  5. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    731d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    RAINBOW
    Maps on Skyblock use to be enjoyable 2 years ago when the economy was well balanced and players actually had to be online. The server was able to sustain a good playerbase for at least 8 months, which allowed them to do yearly resets introducing a ton new features.

Today, the economy is insane compared to how it was back then, and even with all the nerfs and changes they add to help balance it, it doesn't seem to work as well. However the economy is pretty good, could be better, but auto sell chests and auto block chests certainly makes AFKing for money much more easier and maybe even more efficient. Though this is what the MineHeroes Skyblock community has come to love and enjoy. So no point of changing it.

Regarding map lengths in general, 3 months WOULD be considered a very short amount of time for Skyblock players. However, if monthly payouts are going to stick around forever, then perhaps 3 months is just right. OPSkyblock in particular is a server where everything is unbalanced. So it makes sense why players would leave so fast, but I doubt they'll shorten maps because of this. Instead they'll most likely make adjustments to the economy so players aren't getting rich too fast.

So yeah, I don't think maps should be shorter, but from the looks of it, Skyblock just may be getting 1 month long maps sooner or later, with weekly payouts (or a payout for the entire month which will work better). The Skyblock game mode in general was originally for players to build and expand beautiful islands. A long time ago I remembered players were making really nice islands. Island top competition wasn't as relevant as it is today, but it was amazing to see how many beautiful islands existed there. Not to mention the player counts were always high (so high that eventually Skyblock3 became a thing). Now it's all about grinding and placing as many blocks as you can, which really doesn't take rocket science or any sort of knowledge. With shorter maps, it makes some players (like myself) lose motivation in even building an island for everyone to enjoy if it'll get wiped one month later.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hoopdy

Hoopdy Active Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    26d 10h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    +1 I am sure they could figure out how to turn the focus toward building and creativity and away from just building huge grinders and setting your 19 alts to afk for you for two month whilst you use W/E to fill in 99 percent of your /is with emerald blocks. Get rid of alts, change the structure of cash prizes. make it against the rules to just fill up one's island space with blocks.

Not +1 for 3 months, at least this season. A lot of people are getting bored and will probably start going elsewhere. If they were to make it a lot more about building, the season could go longer than 3 months.

Attached Files:

7. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    731d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    RAINBOW
    The question you got to ask is whether most Skyblock players would want this. While this may be a good idea and all, you also need to put yourself in the mindset of other Skyblock players. I know for a fact that at least 60% of the server wouldn't want Skyblock to turn into some big build contest.

Not to mention this idea in general can be taken advantage of with schematica. Just download a schematic of an island spawn or even a server spawn for that matter. And boom easy cash every map

8. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    316d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    Discord Tag:
    Hokaras#9730
    I like the season length that we currently have. I'm a big fan of idle games and I play this server like one.

Having a good looking island still pretty nice.
    1. People visit your island more often. You can take advantage of that by having a shop.
    2. It feels good to complete your own build. You have to set your own goals. Is top is a idle game with block placement. There is no way around it. If you want to build a good looking island compare the looks and not the money made or value placed.
    I don't really enjoy the whole is top thing atm. Thats why I set myself my own goal.

9. Hoopdy

Hoopdy Active Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    26d 10h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    What do you mean, easy cash every map?

10. Hoopdy

Hoopdy Active Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    26d 10h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked

Perhaps they could bring back SB3, but as a server more oriented toward building. Make /fly a little harder to earn in game (so that it still makes money) and keep world edit the same, except allow copy, paste, cut, set, and sphere. No /is top or /baltop but maybe a build contest once a season judge by Wazez, CullanP, and the one server moderator (is that Starry?). People would still need IGC to buy materials, but that would be the end game instead of IGC itself.

11. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    316d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    Discord Tag:
    Hokaras#9730
    I mean we have a creative server and people can make build contests with each other whenever they want to. I see no point in dedicating another server to that concept. If you don't care about bal or is top you can ignore them.
    This whole contest idea with Wazez CullanP and SilverSkylos (last remaining mod) would only make sense if they were looking for a builder or a builder team. That way such a contest could be the application process. But if you build in a competitive enviroment there would be no point in showing of your island before the deadline, because ideas or buildstyle could be stolen.

12. Hoopdy

Hoopdy Active Member

Server:
    Play Time:
    26d 10h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    A creative server is quite a different thing. I am talking about having build contests as something that can replace /baltop and /is top and possibly motivate people to play, not to find staff. So I guess, I do not agree with that. However, your last sentence seems correct and would make such a contest impractical.