Global Alts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FuriousFruit, Aug 12, 2018 at 10:13 AM.

1. FuriousFruit

FuriousFruit Well-Known Member
    Gyra

There should be a way to be able to check how many accounts / alts you have on your IP address. This will be beneficial when you're logging accounts in, but don't want to reach the alt limit. If you could manually remove alts from your account, that would be great as well. Command could be /alts or /accounts​

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. DePolar

DePolar Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Staff kind of have a command similar to this, but it would be cool and useful for players to have access to a command that does this.
    Unless you’re like me and have 1 alt ;-;
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  3. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Definitely needed in my opinion. Really helps players keep track of what accounts have logged in their ip and whether they recognize some of them. Do disagree with the part of players manually removing alts from under their ip as this can be easily abused

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Vixenly

Vixenly Helper
    Staff Member Helper Gyra

I like this suggestion, even though I don't think you should be able to remove alts by yourself.

5. PetSeal

PetSeal Active Member
    Legend

no

• Like Like x 1
    • Savage Savage x 1
  6. LCM

LCM Active Member
    Zume

Reason for this?
    Yeah i totally agree with you. It will definitely be very useful for players to check whether they reached the alt limits or not. I dont see any reasons for not adding it xd, great idea!

7. LordCastlerock

Legend

They should lower the limit to something you can count on one hand if people have too many to keep track of.

8. Krafts

Krafts Well-Known Member
    Zume

Some people have 50+ alts that they can't even log in to Mineheroes because the cap is 20. If you have 50+ alts just sitting there it's hard to keep track of which ones you signed into on Mineheroes and which ones you haven't signed into.

I'm also pretty sure the cap was raised because 2 people under 1 IP could only have 5 accounts each so they raised it so each could have 10.

9. UlfTro

UlfTro Member
    Ultimate

sounds good i think!!!

i live for mineheroes

#9 UlfTro, Aug 13, 2018 at 12:59 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2018 at 8:33 PM
  10. tripledog9

tripledog9 Well-Known Member
    Zume

I find that this would be very useful, especially with being able to remove alt accounts, some people buy accounts but don't realize that they are public accounts and the account is taken but also remains on that individuals ip. however removing alts from an ip by doing it yourself would be overpowered because then people would have infinite gkits. I do think that players should be able to have them removed by staff, but the players must provide proof that they don't have access to the accounts anymore.

11. KristyKim

KristyKim Well-Known Member
    Zume

I’ve been banned for having too many accounts before I can not tell you how useful this is. I have alt accounts but from time to time people allow me to log onto their main accounts and I forget that it counts for one account and then it starts to add up. I usually forget about it and then get banned from it on accident +1+1

12. BlackTheOcelot

BlackTheOcelot Well-Known Member
    Zume

Doesn't MH automatically block you from having more than 20 accounts instead of actually banning you? At least that's what happens for me. It just says "Connection Blocked. You have registered 20 accounts on this IP" - so I just change my IP address and it works.

13. KristyKim

KristyKim Well-Known Member
    Zume

Uh I don’t know because this happened almost a year ago so I don’t know if things had changed but last time this happened I was banned

14. TrulyPurple

TrulyPurple Well-Known Member
    Zume

You used to get banned for it but now they block access to anything more than 20 accounts on an ip.

+1 On the idea just not removing alts from your ip as if they ever make another public gkit people would abuse it.

15. Dipperpines127

Dipperpines127 Well-Known Member
    Zume

This would make sure that you don’t go over the account limit accidentally if you have lots of alts and don’t know how many you’ve logged in, so +1 from me.