Skyblock A Re-Form of Sorts.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by iDying, Mar 14, 2019.

1. iDying

iDying Active Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    51d 11h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    DankMeme
    Okay, this will probably be a long one. So, everyone is used to the usual, Skyblock reset, the P2Ws' P2W, and in the end the same people win island top. That shouldn't be a thing. It is strait-up boring for other people who want to go for island top. Also I feel like the way we go for island top (Which is just spamming blocks) isn't fun, and it feels like there is no challenge at all. Also the community is drifting away from what it was. I have some solutions for this. A way to get the community back together could be mob arena just like a few seasons ago, and a King of the Hill type game, where your island team is in a PvP scenario, each person has 3 lives, and you could ally with 1 or 2 other teams to capture the point. Those points also tie into my next point, the rewards of those game could vary in how good it is depending on how your team places/performs. Also I say spawners should be worth much more island level, to a point where spamming blocks is not the way to get island top, either make spawners much more island level per, or make blocks less. Also this is just me, but I would like there to be the different spawns and themes for Skyblock servers again, The way it is now just makes all the servers have the same vibe. Here are some pros of these suggestions, 1. Weekly Payouts could work on Skyblock, 2. The community would (hopefully) band back together, and 3. Island top would be much more competitive, in turn making the server more fun. The main cons, a lot of the players may not like these changes, and the P2Ws' may have a harder time to P2W (Which I don't mind). Thanks for sitting through that! -Shail (iDying)

2. Npva

Npva Active Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    129d 20h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Skyblock3OG
    I'm on the is top #2 spot on Skyblock 2 Right now and the way I get Island level already is by placing spawners like Iron Golem Spawners.
    A pvp event would be fun but I don't think it should be added to get higher up on Island top.
    A lot of people have some Iron Golem spawners and they have the ability to place Iron blocks for Island level which takes a lot of time.
    People that are "Pay2Win" might not have the time to place blocks on their Island to get their Island on Is top.
    So I personally think this already is pretty balanced.

• Like Like x 1
  3. iDying

iDying Active Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    51d 11h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    DankMeme
    Now that I look at this, it really only works for OPSB

4. _StarrySkies

_StarrySkies Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    603d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Flawless
    Maybe faster way to place island levels without printer or world edit would help a little, but in the end there isn't really much you can do about the P2W problem. Players will end up spending more money to server so they can dominate the map. If you have a good enough Skyblock team who's also fairly active you can compete well in /is top. But unfortunately there is no motive to grinding island levels, and I doubt weekly payouts would be a thing since it's only a server where you spam blocks all day. Unlike Factions where it takes real skill to remain the best

5. AmandaT0dd

AmandaT0dd Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    71d 12h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Wife
    You can get pretty far without spending anything also no one wants pvp on skyblock that's why they play skyblock and not factions

6. Valgari

Valgari Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    116d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    ButterflyBliss#8635
    Whats gonna happen to those players who dont pvp.. If something like this got in it adds an unfair advantage to players who do pvp. Then non pvpers who actually came to play SkyBlock miss out because of it. Bit unfair really !

7. creeperIman

creeperIman Well-Known Member
    Manos

Server:
    Play Time:
    45d 17h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    RAINBOW
    Honestly i am for him whenever he said "Island top would be much more competitive, in turn making the server more fun. The main cons, a lot of the players may not like these changes, and the P2Ws' may have a harder time to P2W" I love this point because it would be really hard for the people to keep on paying and paying to win.(if there was weekly payouts)

8. TrulyPurple

TrulyPurple Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    114d 19h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Purple#5255
    Some people do, you’re not ‘everyone’ on skyblock. There are around 40 players on skyblock who regularly play in pvp (daily).

If spawners had more value then they would need to cost more and unable to buy from shop. You previously stated that you do not like how the server is p2w and the same people are winning is top again and again yet you want igs to have a higher island level where it will result in these p2w players having a bigger advantage.