Skyblock A Major Change for Next Season

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by iProtons, Mar 9, 2019.

?

Tell me what you think about this idea

1. Good/Agree

50.0%
  2. Needs Work

10.0%
  3. Skyblock is fine the way it is

10.0%
  4. Disagree

10.0%
  5. Terrible idea

20.0%
  1. iProtons

iProtons Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    46d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    As you know, there are iron golem spawners and silver fish spawners in the shops. This enables rapid inflation, where sell/buy prices for everything go up exponentially, because as you have more and more spawners, obtaining new spawners becomes easier. In previous seasons, IGs (iron golem) spawners were only obtainable through the token shop. This was also a problem, because it required people to either save up tokens through seasonal egg hunt events, where people would often use stolen or cheap alt accounts to do the egg hunt over and over, and start the season with many spawners. OR, they would have to spend their own money, irl, to buy them. Clearly, its not fair for everyone who doesn't have alts to save tokens for IGs, or those who don't directly P2W. At the same time, with IGs as a shop item, rapid inflation happens, and prices go out of whack.

Skip to the last paragraph to see my solution to this problem.

Here are the Pros for having IGs and SFs Only in token shop:
    -No rapid inflation
    -Mining is useful, even in late game
    -Player economy is lively, more people interacting, more fun and challenging
    -players cannot get rich as easily by only afking, they must use other means to earn money. This will make things like Farming, Mining, Trading, and other things useful again, no longer insignificant.

Here are the Cons for having IGs and SFs ONLY in token shop:
    -Token event alters (people who use alt accounts to get more tokens from event) and P2W players have unfair advantage early game
    -Players cannot just afk IGs and SFs and not have to build anything else, they must make other farms and interact to trade.

Pros for having IGs and SFs in player shops AND token shop:
    -Players, no matter their rank, are able to make the same farms as rich, P2W players, they just start slower
    -Players can afk all day and never touch their computer, and still earn money (this is actually kind of bad)

Cons for having IGs and SFs in player shops AND token shop:
    -Player chat is often dead because most people are AFK in their farms
    -Boring because these are the two main farms, and there's no diversity. Mining, Farming, and other mob farms are insignificant/useless. (mining and farming are major parts of skyblock, and they have no use?)
    -Rapid inflation: the more IGs you have, the faster you get money. The faster you get money, the faster you get IGs.

I took the time to measure how much iron you get from a single iron golem spawner in 8 hours, and how much money you get in 8 hours from that amount of iron. Here comes a lot of math:
    8 hours * 60 mins/hour = 480 mins. 480 mins * 60 sec/min = 28,800 seconds. A single IG spawns 5 IGs every 10 seconds. (5 IGs / 10 seconds)(28,800 seconds) = 14,400 IGs. This means, in a period of 8 hours, 14,400 IGs are spawned. From one IG, an average of 4 iron is dropped. (4 iron / IG)(14,400 IGs) = 57,600 Iron. With a sell boost of 1.5, and one Iron being worth $9 (in game money), (1.5 boost)($9 per iron) = $13.5 per iron. Here's our grand total. ($13.5/Iron)(57,600 Iron in 8 hours) = $777,600. In a time period of 8 hours, you should get at least 600k, rounded down to 77% efficiency, for any losses.

At 75k per hour minimally, for just one IG, you're able to get a decent amount of money. Theres a really complicated equation that I can put these numbers into to show how fast a player's IG farm can grow, on its own money, but I don't know what it is, but its exponential. That means, it will start out very slow, but eventually the slope will get very steep whereas someone with a 1.5k IG farm can make a whole other 1.5K IG farm within (X) number of days, then with these two 1.5K's, the player can make enough money in half the time, (X/2). The player has 3 1.5K's, and can make enough money for a fourth farm, in a third of the initial time, (X/3) and so on, and at that point the player's only restrictions are server lag, accounts to AFK with, and time it takes to build the farms. So yeah, the time it takes to build additional farms will take on a logarithmic function, constantly taking less and less time earn the money required.

I am going to make this as simple as possible. Iron Golem spawners and Silver Fish spawners should not be obtainable through normal shop. Instead, they should be obtained through daily/periodic events, such that they enter the economy at a constant rate, and not exponentially, such that people will spend most of their time AFKing (the other majority spent building spawner rooms). They can also be obtained through token shop, but events will make them available to those who don't have alts or pay to win. In doing this, Mining and Farming becomes useful again, especially late game, the player chat and economy will be more active, and overall, will create a more fun, competitive, and challenging environment for the players. Okay, last thing. This funny thing keeps happening to me where players wont really read, they just skim over my writing and assume that I am saying one thing, but mean something completely different. So I am just going to put it out there, that I will refer all misconceptions back to these few sentences, suggesting that you read all of my suggestion, thoroughly. I am not going to put up with people who tell me that my ideas suck, with them not actually understanding. Please use CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Valgari

Valgari Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    116d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    ButterflyBliss#8635
    Seems like you have put a ton of effort into your suggestion. Making note of the fact you said the following:
    Most players dont bother reading long suggestions unless its a select few. And those who do read will understand if its what they think and understand, Everyone understands things differently and just because some wont read this in its entirety doesn't mean its any less of an important suggestion. Also allow EVERYONE to say what they get from this even if they do say it"sucks". Just because you get members saying that something isn't good does not mean their input is any less important also after all there are a multitude of different minds playing this game and you need to accept both good and bad input. To be honest i read all of this and wasnt going to read it all because you kind of lost my interest when you started going into more depth of it. Maybe making that section into a spoiler so members click on that info would have kept my interest. But i applaud you anyways on the effort you have taken to research and write this. Good luck with getting the replies that give an HONEST input.

3. StxrryGG

StxrryGG Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    654d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Trusted
    Uhh no. I don't know the last time you were on the server, but silverfish spawners were removed from the /shop at start of this map. Only obtainable through plat keys

1. I'm pretty sure CullanP is coming up with a way to make it so you cannot abuse events and drop parties using alts. Hub events no longer happen as well
    2. Uhh if they buy enough iron golem spawners they can AFK them for as long as they want, without having to make any other farms. In fact some people buy enough tokens for at least 20 iron golem spawners.

Even without iron golem spawners and silverfish, players are still able to do this using guardian/creeper spawners and auto sell chests. Even with this method the user earns less money than if they were going to manually sell (which most players don't do with these kind of spawners)

Yeah even if they aren't in the shop it won't make a difference as to whether players are active in chat or not. Players will just AFK other types of farms. In fact I'm pretty sure a lot of Skyblock players were AFKing pig/guardian farms very early in the map when iron golem spawners were not common

While I'm not fully against your idea(s), I do not believe this will increase activity on the server and make mining more useful. Players will resort to making different types of grinders that can get them the same, if not more, money. Regardless of how rare you make these, players will go out there way to buy as many of these as they can, whether it be from money from their guardian farms or even IRL money (players like to buy iron golem spawners with IRL money). However, keep in mind that AFKing does not always help you win Skyblock. If you have an active and efficient Skyblock team to place ores and/or island levels, you can win island top without being the richest. This, however, takes motivation and time, which not everyone has

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. iProtons

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    46d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    Thanks for your feedback, TBH, whatever makes mining and normal farming just as useful is what I'm pushing for. They don't have to be made OP, I just think some more balancing in some way could solve the problem.

5. x0dastar0x

x0dastar0x Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    83d 13h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    ProCannoner
    Bruh, Skyblock is so ****ty nowadays. I suggest y’all go look for a better one :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. creeperIman

creeperIman Well-Known Member
    Manos

Server:
    Play Time:
    45d 17h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    RAINBOW
    Im 100% for this. Before i read this i made a thread. It is called default skyblock. The point of it pretty much is to remove/nerf all spawners you should take a peek at it. But yes i am for your argument

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. iProtons

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    46d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    in past seasons, when creepers didnt drop diamonds, villagers didnt drop emeralds, and IGs were not in /shop, Mining was the meta, and the economy was nowhere near as broken. People were more active in chat, and is top really was fair game. I know this because I out mined someone who used iron from store bought IGs for is top instead. Mining made more overall, but required the player to actively check pickaxe durability. This way, a miner had a chance at is top.

Mining doesnt have to be made OP. IGs just need to be removed from /shop and be event only.

8. _Ashenfall_

_Ashenfall_ Active Member
    Gyra

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    205d 12h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [TOP RANK SB]
    Discord Tag:
    Ashenfall#1262
    I agree with Starry's assessment. People will find the next most profitable thing and afk that.

9. iProtons

Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    46d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    well yeah sure, but back then, that was IGs. They were the most profitable, but they were very limited. The second most profitable was only a 10th as good as IGs (estimate), for their space, and it never really got out of hand. You can tell me you will just afk Creeper or Guardian, but at least you wont be making billions off of it. Maybe IGs arent even the culprit to the eco being broke. Maybe its the auto sell chests and auto block chests. Either way, something in SOME WAY needs to change so that player eco and /shop eco stay on the same level. It was working at one point, so you cant tell me it cant work again.

10. SozIGotLucky

SozIGotLucky New Member
    Legend

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    123d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Prestige]
    Discord Tag:
    SozIGotLucky#4548
    it's fine as it is if anything they should just make a whole new skyblock dedicated to vanilla skyblock (no spawners, auto sell's, just farming crops and making natural mobs spawn and drop to death, and the other stuff). If igs were to be removed from /shop it would be even more unfair, we are not all p2w and the ones that are will just buy like 100igs for example and they will control the igs economy since theres no set price for igs they can make igs worth 100mil each. dont know if u understand what i mean xd

11. SozIGotLucky

SozIGotLucky New Member
    Legend

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    123d 0h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Prestige]
    Discord Tag:
    SozIGotLucky#4548
    and people would farm crops if u didnt have to stay in the chunk for it to grow

12. StxrryGG

StxrryGG Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock2
    Play Time:
    654d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Trusted
    Auto sell chests, even with the 20% tax, contributes a lot to the broken economy. Players can simply AFK all day without the fear of their chests over flowing. But if you have a lot of farms, 20% won't really make a difference. I can personally make around 300k-500k every autosell (which happens every 6 seconds) with all my farms running with 330 spawners in each (I can even add more to make the income higher)

What they could do is make it so boosters and cash multipliers do not work with auto sell chests. This will surely make manually selling items more worth it. May not stop AFK selling entirely, but it will sure help since you'll make tons more from manually selling items

13. Hokaras

Hokaras Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    SkyBlock
    Play Time:
    239d 12h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Hype
    Discord Tag:
    Hokaras#9730
    Well I have quite a lot to say about this so if you want feedback and insight look here if you look for reinforcement scroll further.

This all is wrong. 1 average spawner sphere of me has 3,3k spawners in it. Those spawners can be chunkloaded by 1 account. I am pretty sure 3k of any spawner are better than mining. I mean I tested how good mining is. for the early game (pre alt cap) you can do it for sure, but after that not so much. if I mine on my main account with supreme, zume (autosmelt), 1.5x cash multiplier, dragon egg on the island, mining skill 2500 and summer fortune 7 pickaxe with tunnler I make about 25k per minute which can't compare to a bad grinder setup (unless you build a 1 gap pig spawner, which just spawns pigs on the outside why would you do that).

Other things like farming or woodcutting for that matter are just flat out bad, since crops are worth so little and mainly grow in the chunk where you are in. Don't even get me started on harvester chests I made enough posts about those.

Player trades happen mostly automated via chest shops or /ah. Both of those methods don't require you to be "active" or on your computer.

Inflation will always be rapid, since we are working with an exponential growing economy. You have no upkeep for anything that means if you can buy it and it can generate money over time it will pay for itself. Some things are better for that than others. At the beginning of this season squids for example where they way to go. Every spawner brought so much money that it funded itself after mere 14 hours (with the 20% asc tax). That means for every spawner that you had you could buy nearly 2 new ones each day. The growth of igs is very slow compared to that.

Well if you are mining you will not chat either since you loose money for typing. In that regard if you do anything you loose money from chatting, so it is a waste of time most of the time.

This counts for any spawner that is not ocelot or wolf.

I don't know where you pulled those numbers, but depending on your spawner design this can vary by alot. My tests at the beginning of this season (pre iron buff) had numbers close to this I think it was ~100k per hour.

Like I said above your view is way to narrow. This goes for each and every spawner that you purchase.

The problem about that are time zones. We have player from all arround the globe. If you have a event at a certain time player that have a good time zone have an advantage. "Yeah but you could have several events a day". Same thing some player have time for more events and get ahead even faster. "It could be like the dayli mission". It could and would be just as bad. Have you seen plat key dayli mission days? Most player with alts do them on all 20 accounts. And even if spawner would just come into play like this player that afk the most still would have the most of those spawner, since they would buy them from others.

I understand what you try to say and I say it sucks, I hope you understand why. I will explain a little more after this point but you will most likely not read any further anyway.

The problem is not about those spawners or money. Those are just numbers. As long as those numbers count for every player they are fair. My single pig spawner is just as bad as yours. The diffrence is in how you use those resources.

That was not the main difference. Mining used to be useful since spawner were too expensive to use them for is level, and diamond and emerald blocks were worth placeing. That meant they had value for player that wanted is level. This meant people farmed those blocks to sell them to other players.

The Skyblock situation reminds me alot of one of my favourite animes Log Horizon. It is about people that are trapped in a video game (pretty common theme this day). Early on people had the problem that the cost of living is way too low. They could substain themselves with way to little effort. There was no goal set for them.

Same goes for Skyblock currently. You want to be /is top? Wll buckle up build alot of grinders upgrade them when you can and spend even more money on spawners to push that is level.
    You want to be /bal top? Well same thing but don't spend this money for is levels.
    You want to be /mcmmo top? Well good news. You can build a lot of grinders and buy vote keys! Those will give you credits to increase your skills faster than anything else.

Are you not satisfied with those 3 goals? Well how about some uhhhh nothing I guess?.