Update 3.9.2 | Nexus 2 Beta

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by McFluffinstein, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McFluffinstein

Staff Member Admin

Nexus has been completely revamped and is back and better than ever. Since Nexus was released, there has been an overwhelming response for continuous updates and improvements.

Instead of two teams, Nexus now pits four teams against each other. Each team now has their own quarter of the map where they can gather resources and build defenses. Destroy other team’s nexuses and knock them out while defending your own. Work together and play as many unique classes to achieve your objective. Destroy or be destroyed!

Phases

Nexus is split into 5 phases which adjust gameplay. On our old version of Nexus, this was previously 4 however we felt adding another phase could be a great way to stop games lasting a lifetime. The phases are split as follows:

Phase 1: Nexus blocks are invincible. Crossing to enemy sides of the map imposes negative consequences.
    Phase 2: Nexus blocks lose their invincibility. You can now cross freely to enemy sectors of the map without being nerfed.
    Phase 3: Diamond ores can now be mined at the middle of the map. The potion category of the shop is now available.
    Phase 4: Nexuses will now receive double damage every hit. Blaze powder is added to potion shop.
    Phase 5: Any Nexuses alive will have 1HP removed every 10 seconds until they are 1HP. A player is required to knock out a team by getting the final hit.

The game will stop at phase 5 and stay there until the game is over.

Classes

We’ve reworked all of the classes - including dropping a few and introducing new ones. Furthermore, we are introducing a new currency which will expand across future minigames, Credits. This currency will be local to every new minigame, meaning you’ll have different credit amounts on different games. Changes to each class are specified below:

Civilian (Free): This is our default class, unlocked for everyone. It provides the basic gear needed to wage war on your enemy.

Miner (1,000 Credits): The miner class now comes equipt with the ability to use “ore rush” and make any ores around the player regenerating 2x as fast for a period of time. Also, any miner now has a 25% chance at getting an extra drop when mining ores!

Warrior (2’500 Credits): Warriors now get an extra 0.5 damage every hit they give holding a sword. Consecutive hits with a sword deal more damage!

Archer (2’500 Credits): The archer now comes equipt with a punch I bow and 16 arrows. They can get an extra 16 arrows every minute via their resupply book. Shooting enemies in the head results in a headshot and more damage being given.

Wizard (7,500 Credits): Use your wand to cast different spells and change the tide of battle. The spells are; Inferno, Ice Shards, Gust, Blackout and Undead.

Transporter (10,000 Credits): Summon portals to transport your team to parts of the map quickly. Portals can be destroyed by enemies, so ensure you hide them well.

Scout (10,000 Credits): Grapple is now less effective horizontally and comes with a lower cooldown time between uses. Scout now comes equipt with a gold sword and permanent speed I. If the scout has more than 7.5 armor defense points (full set of iron or above), they’ll be imposed with permanent slowness I.

Berserker (7,500 Credits): You are the maniac with a lust for blood. Though you start impaired, you can garner more health from each kill you make up to two full rows of hearts! Use your Frenzy ability to destroy enemies in combat.

Spy (7,500 Credits): Spy operates mostly the same except a slightly reduced warm up for vanishing.Spy now possesses a golden sword and permanent speed I, much like the Scout class.

As Nexus 2 is currently in Beta, all classes will be free to use for approximately 1 week.

Team Upgrades

We’ve improved all of the team upgrades available on Nexus. They can now be accessed straight from the new Shop and contain the following. The currency for purchasing anything related to team upgrades is emeralds, which can be mined near your base.

[​IMG]

Nexus Defender (150 Emeralds): The defender is an upgradeable entity which guards your Nexus for you so you can focus on attacking the enemy. To purchase new equipment for it, simply right-click on it and you’ll see the following options:

[​IMG]

You can then click on each element to upgrade armor/weapons, including enchantments.

Double Ores (50 Emeralds): Gives your whole team the ability to mine and get 2x ingots for 60 seconds.

Trap (25 Emeralds): Sets a trap around your nexus which will notify all team members if an enemy goes near it, then impairs the enemy with blindness and slowness to give you a chance to get to them before they inflict damage!

Maps

The maps have been adjusted to fit 4 teams. The first map available for use is the new Plains by @McFluffinstein.

[​IMG]

In the coming weeks, more of the older maps will be revamped and released so stay tuned! Plus be ready for new exciting maps which are currently in the works.

Gem Crates

Along with this monstrous Nexus update, a new crate has been dropped onto every main server, the Gem Crate. The currency of gems is only given for coming a high place in a miningame and by participation. Use these gems to unlock Gem Crates containing a range of epic loot for your server of choice.

[​IMG]

To purchase a gem crate, logon to any MineHeroes minigame and play. Once you’ve gained enough gems, switch to your favorite gamemode and try using the command /gemcrate buy

Playing minigames is now an excellent way to relax from the stress of maintaining that epic island or sturdy Factions base and gain extra loot while you’re at it.

For this addition we have reset all Gems across the Network. This is to prevent people with excessive amounts of gems ruining economies. We hope you enjoy the challenge of spending your newly acquired Gems.

Minor Edits/Bug Fixes

Here is a list of all the minor changes to Nexus for this Update:
    • Food Supply no longer has wheat. Instead, we've replaced this with a farm containing different mobs. Be wary, you require a stone sword or above to kill these mobs.
    • Some items in classes are now Undroppable, meaning they cannot be removed from your inventory.
    • Completely revamped the shop system with a bunch of new items and prices.
    • Reformatted most messages including kills, nexus eliminations and phase changes.
    • Added new custom items to Nexus like explosive bows.
    • Set default chat for all players to team chat. Players can use /shout to send a message to all players which has a cooldown of 45 seconds.
    • Enchanting now requires Lapis Lazuli, this can be found at the Lapis mine.
    • Enchanting now correctly gives you the enchant displayed.
    • Redone the Lobby system. Players now join teams with colored sheep NPC's.
    • Added basic party system - the full release of this will come soon.
    • Redone statistics to display in a hologram rather than on signs.
    • Added "How to play?" book in inventory for new players.
    • Added subtitle for when your nexus gets attacked to alert you.

As this is a Beta, we expect there will be lots of bugs. If you find one, please report it to us using this link https://www.mineheroes.net/index.php?applicationform/bug-support.6/form. Thank you, and I hope you enjoy the latest version of Nexus!

MineHeroes Team

#1 McFluffinstein, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. AJHandler

AJHandler Developer
    Staff Member Developer

Wooo! Can't wait to show what's next.

3. 4gx

4gx Active Member
    Gyra

Will it die though (thinking emoji)

4. SimplyCasual

SimplyCasual Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Oh man. A revamp to Nexus, and a new crate to obtain! Great new updates to minigames that have been much needed!

5. Leaxvx

Leaxvx Helper
    Staff Member Helper Manos

Omg yes! I am so excited :D

6. NotReady

NotReady Sr. Moderator
    Staff Member Sr. Moderator Ultimate

I am mucho excited to lose bc I am bad, good job to everyone who was apart of the revamp, GGs :)

7. Nadela

Nadela Helper
    Staff Member Helper Zume

This is mad clean hmu everyone if you trynna team :))

8. PotDropAndRole

PotDropAndRole Well-Known Member
    Legend

Nice update, I'll be sure to check it out in my little free time. My only fear is there won't be enough people for 4 teams all the time...

Also, there's a img missing in your update post @McFluffinstein, it shows [​IMG]

9. Norwegiian

Norwegiian Helper
    Staff Member Helper Zume

Oooo, can't wait to check this stuff out! Gemcrates seem pretty cool o.0

10. Yaller

Yaller Well-Known Member
    Legend

I'll try it this time :D

11. _xDevil

_xDevil Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Neus V2 I might give it a go again ^.^ good job lads!

12. Thien

Thien Active Member
    Titan

Dang, that looks real hype. I'ma check it out :p

13. gwassyfire

gwassyfire Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

and id been farming gems for nexus to but spy and scout right off the bat ;c
    rip

14. Epic_Fantasy

Epic_Fantasy Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Looks like some pretty good updates for nexus

15. BasicallyLouis

BasicallyLouis Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Ultimate

Looking awesome, can’t wait to try it out for myself!

16. Epic_Fantasy

Ultimate

I'm really mad they reset our gems though

17. BasicallyLouis

BasicallyLouis Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Ultimate

Welp, I’m sure it’s for the better :)

18. Epic_Fantasy

Ultimate

I worked hard for those gems :/

19. Leaxvx

Leaxvx Helper
    Staff Member Helper Manos

Omg I was waiting for this, and I joined the Nexus server but there was no one playing! Someone join me xD

20. Educator

Educator Well-Known Member
    Zume

Ay 4 teams now.

More Nexus' to destroy >:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.