Prison 107 Prison Revamp Suggestions

Discussion in 'Accepted Suggestions' started by CaitlinDeCat, Sep 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaitlinDeCat

CaitlinDeCat Well-Known Member
    Manos

Server:
    Play Time:
    116d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    PrisonOG
    The purpose of this post is to mainly suggest multiple ways in which prison could be developed or upgraded to boost the player base and life span of the game mode. It's more a vast collection of different ideas and possibilities that the prison server could or can be, but also expresses some suggestions previously made in a more in depth form, for example suggestions on what custom enchants could actually do.

Factors Of Prison:
    • The economy must be able to function through multiple strands of market (eg, pvp, keys, exp, potions, etc)
    • There must be engaging features other than mining.
    • An awareness you’re in a prison.
    • Economy testing.
    Mining:
    • Public mines pose the simplicity however can get cramped if too many play at once.
    • You could have public mines but allow players to reset mines themselves.
    • Private mines often are favoured by hard-core players, however this puts forwards complexity in the game mode.
    • However you could also have public mines combined with private mines in which could be rented or bought.
    • Ability for player to buy their own personal mine which spawns in their plot.
    Pickaxes:
    • You could have the default 3 enchantments such as fortune, efficiency and unbreaking.
    • You could have set picks in which cannot be upgraded with more enchants.
    • You could have a general pick in which can be upgraded using a source of income, eg. tokens , money, exp
    • Crate pickaxes that can be upgraded.
    • Rank pickaxes that can be upgraded.
    Custom Enchants For Pickaxe Replacing Potions:
    • Shoots a laser beam that strikes wherever you click exploding blocks
    • Creates an explosion every time you mine a block that breaks other blocks around it
    • Gives a set number of tokens per enchant level for every set number of blocks you mine
    • Increases mining speed per level
    • Increases jump per level
    • Auto sell
    • Night Vision
    • Speeds up how fast you can walk or fly
    • Prevents you from hunger
    • Fly when holding item
    • An explosion below the blocks you mined
    • Chances to find exp, token bonuses in blocks
    • Exchanges exp for other currency if needed
    • Money bonuses when mining
    • Medium exp/token bonus when mining
    • Increasing sell value
    • Increases the amount of blocks you mine
    • Increases exp value
    • Increases chance of finding crates
    • Automatically upgrading crates
    • Automatically upgrading keys
    • Increasing overall sell total
    • Increasing the radius of explosions or lasers
    • Increases sell multipliers
    • Increases token/exp multipliers
    • Token/exp/money bonuses for different periods of the day
    • Bonus chance at finding keys when mining
    • Automatically upgrade your fortune every so often
    Extra Mining Features:
    • Lucky Blocks
    • Keys
    • Crates
    • Pets with perks
    • Being able to see how many blocks you have mined, maybe rewards for this
    • Being able to see the value of tokens/exp for your pickaxe
    Ranking Up and Prestige:
    • Removing the cap on prestige allows for players to play for longer and see more of an achievement in prestiging.
    • Adding a key for when you prestige.
    • Adding a key for when you rank up.
    • Upgrading Prestige rewards
    • Prestige mines such as p1,5,10 etc
    • Unlocking new enchants when reaching p1
    • Once p1 not being able to trade with anyone under p1 to prevent boosting
    Gangs:
    • Having different roles within a gang
    • A GUI system for simplicity
    • A gang chat
    • Achievements to be unlocked by the game, in which unlock rewards such as a lucky block or money boost.
    • Ability to see gang members stats
    • A ranking order for gangs involving achievements
    • A gang bank which can be used to be spent on unlocking perks
    • Gang plots
    • Outposts in a war zone that can be claimed by a gang to give a boost
    Plot Upgrades:
    • Starting out with a small upgradable plot
    • Upgrades in size
    • Upgrades in blocks allowed to be place
    • Upgrades in the ability to sell things at your plot
    • A plot worth command
    • Limits such as hoppers that can be upgraded
    • Plot border colour
    Farming and Spawners:
    • Having other ways of allocating spawners
    • Spawner upgrades
    • The sell price of mob drops and farming goods varying on your rank (in-game prison ranks)
    • Having a fishing market which varies on the day with the worth of fish
    • Harvester chests if fixed
    • A farmers market
    • Farming roles/jobs per item which gives you a sell boost on certain items
    Pvp:
    • Pvp-tokens to be used for pvp items such as armour and weapons
    • Custom enchants for pvp
    • Mini duels
    • Bounties
    • Pvp achievements to receive pvp rewards
    • Potions for pvp being available in the pvp shop.
    • War zone
    Other Features:
    • Mini in server games
    • An auto miner which you are awarded time on through various methods.
    • Upgrade in vote rewards and possibilities, eg. vote points which then could be spent on keys etc
    • Log mine
    • General achievements
    • A command to rank you up as far as you can go (if this is not implemented - remove the /rankup delay/cooldown (spam cooldown for that specific command))
    • Merging backpacks
    • Removing mine reset chance and replacing it with a command to reset your mine
    • A command which displays general help for prison ./mine help (include a link to the forums wiki)
    • Update the wiki
    • General missions per day
    • Crypto markets
    • Personal Vaults
    • Upgrading gambling bar to add more features, upgrading drinks etc
    • Updating the warps menu
    • More ecoins bonus per server rank.(for example Supreme has a 25% bonus currently)
    • Upgrading shop in general
    • Lottery being updated to server economy
    • Sell / e-coin multipliers
    • Disabling crafting of hoppers if able to be purchased
    • Rebalancing kits
    :) - CaitlinDeCat

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Good Luck Good Luck x 1
  2. ImJustStrafin

ImJustStrafin Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    87d 5h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    ? King ?
    +1, I personally agree with every single suggestion posted in this thread. Nobody could've done it better.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. imaginationGuy20

imaginationGuy20 Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    47d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    +1, i like the idea and i think prison needs something more sense its dead

• Like Like x 2
  4. MahtZ

MahtZ Well-Known Member
    Gyra

Server:
    Play Time:
    63d 6h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ? King ?
    Way too long for me to read, but knowing you these suggestion would most likely fit well in

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Reflective

Reflective Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    114d 17h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    PrisonOG
    There are a lot of "suggestions" here, but they haven't really got much depth to them and therefore may be difficult for the development team to implement.
    Like...?
    "OPPrison" tends to throw away the idea that you're actually in a prison and focuses more on the key aspects of the game mode (e.g. mining). Unless the next reset is non-OP, I don't see it being very "prison-y".
    So, from what I can see, the main suggestion here is to have public mines but also have private, buyable mines. I like the idea, but an alternative could be having 2 or 3 of the busier mines (or all mines) so that you can go to a quieter one if one is too cramped.
    What would be the purpose of pickaxes that cannot be upgraded? If both types of pickaxes exist and the only difference is that one can't be upgraded, I'm pretty sure everyone would opt for the upgradeable option.
    I personally like the potions over custom enchants. Mining in OPPrison is, well, OP already. It would be much more balanced to have temporary buffs from potions rather than permanent custom enchant buffs.
    I don't think this should be added as it would take away the exclusivity of tokens. If it were added, there would need to be something similar added to all servers so people can get tokens for free.
    I don't think auto sell should be added, at least not with the current setup with max 500 enchants and backpacks. It would break the economy even more than it is already.
    Night vision can be bought in token shop; I don't think it would be removed for a custom enchant.
    These 3 features have been a part of Prison on this server for a while (/speed, no loss of hunger, /fly) so I don't think they'd be removed.
    Fortune? Or something similar to a Rampage potion? If so, I think it would be way too OP to have a permanent ramp effect.
    I'm not sure what this means...
    Sell multipliers? I don't see them being removed from the token shop.
    What exactly would these entail?
    I agree that the prestige system needs some form of revamp, and I've sent some suggestions to Waz and Kron regarding it.
    I've never really done much with gangs, but these ideas seem good.
    I personally disagree with these suggestions. I like the plots how they are just now.
    I'm not a fan of spawners in Prison, but if they are kept then some improvements could be implemented. I'm not sure what you mean by these though.
    This could potentially cause issues with the economy. I think having the price of different items constant but unlocking more to sell as you rank up is best.
    I'm not sure what you mean by these.
    I'm personally not a fan of pvp-tokens and would like to see them be removed, but I agree with this if they're kept.
    What type of custom enchants?
    Like?
    If logs can be easily bought in /shop, I don't think this is necessary.
    Like?
    What would this be?

I agree that Prison is in need of quite an overhaul, but putting 107 bullet-pointed suggestions into one thread with minimal detail won't really help much, especially with only one Admin (+ an Owner) to process them all for the developers to implement. It's good to see so many suggestions; I just think you need to expand on them considerably for them to be looked into :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. CaitlinDeCat

CaitlinDeCat Well-Known Member
    Manos

Server:
    Play Time:
    116d 7h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    PrisonOG
    I think you’ve misunderstood the purpose of this thread, if I'm honest. The thread is not to say you must do this or this, it’s to express multiple different ways the server could develop its prison server for next reset from the community’s perspective.
    I wrote this thread mainly because the execute of the last reset was poor, with little economy and game play actually thought or developed into it, come reset.

The first section is mainly to identify necessities of a prison server, because these were not all met in previous resets substantially.

The mine system currently is too complicated, I believe this has been established, this section suggested different ways the server may resolve this issue.

Some servers do have pickaxes you cannot upgrade but instead increase the rarity of, so it's harder to gain. Obviously this wouldn’t be a thing if there were upgradable pickaxes - surely this is common sense.

I find the current potions very tedious and outdated among other servers. So many players have joined in the last 6 months and then left due to lack of development in this area. However this was a major suggestion last reset and it had been implied by developers they were going to come mid-map but never happened.

When I say tokens, I mean e-coins (I find the word e-coins less versatile and common). I feel like you have misunderstood me here.

The idea of auto sell was just a suggestion if mineheroes made their prison more op when upgrading it next reset. In this instance you would have to compare the popularity of backpacks and auto sell. I generally like both, but in purpose of this document I included it to suggest ways the prison server could be revamped.

I included things such as: fly, speed, night vision and hunger to suggest other ways they could be implemented if prison went under a revamp. As in prison’s general game play changing dramatically to a more modern popular format.

I don't think an enchant to do what a ramp does would be op. It's honestly very common if you have been on any other prison server. However as I have played more servers the prison community as a whole has got used to mining in a 3x3 not 1x1, therefore when playing on mineheroes it makes it evoke an outdated scene.

Upgrading keys and crates would come into play if the server implemented a key and crate system. For example if you had 4 of the lvl1 crates you could make one lvl2 key and so on.

Sell multipliers would be greater than the ones in token shop. The token shop ones would just work over the top of others implanted therefore not needing to be removed at all.
    Lucky Blocks, Keys, Crates, and Pets would supply loot and gear likewise of any other key on the server. Generally not a difficult concept.

I included the plots part as it was a community suggestion listed to me when asking around what people would like to see added to prison. This document was not just me listing everything I wanted, it was about sharing the thoughts and ideas of the community.

I'm also not a fan of spawners on prison, however if left in the game mode this is a suggestion on how they could be used and implemented.

Farming in the current system is fairly useless, I never found it made good money for anyone. Therefore if the sell price was based of your prestige and rank it would even out the payout for each player, therefore removing the massive imbalance in the farming economy.

Farming jobs and roles are also more modern features of newer, generally more successful prison servers. However so is bringing more features into the game mode. For example, you could be a wheat farmer and may receive a wheat sell boost.

I generally also dislike pvp-tokens however I'm fairly biased on that as I don’t pvp. However I would like to see them being more aimed at pvp items therefore not being needed for the rest of the gamemode.

I think mineheroes has several of their own custom enchants for pvp that could just simply be included in prison.

“Mini in server games” referring to probability wheels, small kofs and other old classic marble games that have the potential to bring players to the server.

I just don’t see why the log mine was removed, especially if the log daily mission still exists?

General achievements: play time, blocks mined, crates opened, keys found, e-coins found, etc.

Crypto market is fairly simple. Things like bitcoin exist. Creating an investment system like on the bitcoin market could spice up the economy and make things more interesting when reaching those higher levels.

I made a large list because I know most people do not want to sit and read paragraphs of developed ideas. If you have ever spoken to people like Wazez in depth, he often asks for things to be simplified into key words. But also because prison needs to improve drastically for it to survive due to the major lack of attention (and therefore updates). Most of the last reset was just renaming things (i.e: exp to e-coins). I’m also not too worried about Kron or Wazez concepting these ideas as I have spoken to both in calls discussing prison. Though I appreciate your concern and see where you're coming from.

:)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. imaginationGuy20

imaginationGuy20 Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    47d 1h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    oh welp thats something up there ^^^^^

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Nitricity

Nitricity Well-Known Member
    Ultimate

Server:
    Play Time:
    88d 14h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Huge props to you for putting the effort in to share the views of members of the community, it really helps the seniors when looking through the suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
    • GG GG x 1
  9. HydroxTarget

HydroxTarget Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    84d 4h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Turmoil]
    Though I'm not very well versed in prison, these ideas are definitely coming from someone who knows what they're talking about. Prison has clearly been a declining server and hopefully some of these suggestions can be implemented and change that. +1 :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. J5Z

J5Z Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    328d 23h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    | Ends Tonight |
    Discord Tag:
    J5Z#6666
    Gang chat is already a thing, /gc, we used it at the start of the map.
    Also, there are 3 gang ranks: owner, officer and member.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. x0dastar0x

x0dastar0x Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    82d 18h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Not Linked
    ProCannoner
    Wait whatttt!!! Mineheroes had a prison server, I’m spooked.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. lkcbharath

lkcbharath Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    48d 2h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Skyblock3OG
    This is a really LONG read, and I doubt I'd ever be able to finish it aha
    But knowing Cait and her love for Prison, coupled by how vocal she is about the same, probably factored in making this huge list. If it means that Prison will be enjoyable for non-Prison players like me, I support this! +1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. BradleyLitchy

BradleyLitchy Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    117d 17h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Skyblock3OG
    Outstanding suggestions, Hopefully they add them. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Ocelotal

Ocelotal Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    44d 22h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [LITMAS]
    Discord Tag:
    Ocelotal#1234
    +1. Prison is in serious need of a reset. I have had several people ask me "Does this server have custom enchants" and when I reply "No, not this season.", they reply with "what lame im leaving bye". Prison is literally losing players just due to it being outdated.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Dkoa

Dkoa Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    137d 17h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Oh my god just put it back to old prison with the god pvp arena good spawn old mine system old pots everything the same
    then prison will be fine dont add anything to it like honestly just convert it back to old prison that never died -.-

• Like Like x 1
  16. Canadas

Canadas Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    113d 12h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    [Turmoil]
    Discord Tag:
    Canadas#0020
    +1 I can tell you put a lot of time into this and I really enjoy the suggestions

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Prexay

Prexay Well-Known Member
    Zume

Server:
    Play Time:
    46d 3h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    ? BAE ?
    +1
    Prison needs a serious reset, and soon! Like @Ocelotal said, every time I hover over prison there is always less than 10 people on! I feel a lot of the prison players moved to skyblock or creative for the time being and I think when prison resets there will at least be 20-30 people on constantly!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Wazez

Wazez Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Server:
    Hidden
    Play Time:
    81d 2h
    Hero Level:
    Discord:
    Linked
    Discord Tag:
    Wazez#6186
    Thank you for submitting a suggestion thread.

We have looked at your idea and have decided to implement it into our network.

Take note that, although this suggestion has been accepted, there is no set date as to when it will be implemented.

Feel free to post more suggestions at www.mineheroes.net/forums/suggest

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.